Comments, Concerns, and General input on Dream event

1234568»

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Arcanis said:
    Actually, now that I think about it, if anything perhaps the eye should be shifted on to Glomdoring.

It is quite the ghosttown
    It seems to be losing players at a rapid rate
    And frankly has had quite the issues with Gods as well

Perhaps rather than seem to focus on Mag being the 'negative experience', we should actually look to orgs that fill the criteria being listed.

Considering I'm actively playing in Glomdoring right now, I'd love to hear about these issues with gods and what players we are losing.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Good point. Why are we ignoring the admins saying they don't want to play in Glom?.....oh wait.

• as far as I knew the 'exodus' from glom was because of Viravain, if i'm thinking about the one to do with tarkenton and zouviqil and those people. 

that's the answer I got when I asked about it ICly, anyway. so long ago I odn't remember who I asked
  • Darvellan said:
    Tylwyth said:
    Darvellan said:
     Thirdly, both Celest and Glomdoring suffered from Karagash's attempt at combat prowess via the rat swarms, the very same night as Magnagora. Celest because Magnagora /asked/ him to, despite turning around and saying Karagash did nothing for them later, and Glomdoring because they taunted Karagash (or the rats or something; after I'd started I think I realized that the shout in question may have been directed elsewhere). . 
    I remember @xenthos saying he'd prompted that by yelling something in Celest.
    We were mostly dissappointed because they were so individually weak after seeing mags die to them.
    Also, was the Swamp rat that kept coming into Glomdoring before maeve got healed related to any of this?
    I was hoping  to RP with him a bit more...
    Yeah, there was some concern I made the rats *too* powerful, so I cut back on them for Celest and Glomdoring. These rats were just for Karagash's combat prowess testing.
    My death to those rats was a result of me walking by a group of 28 getting hit and going oh, walking back into them to see if I could take them on alone. I hit and lagged out. I seen myself go from 11k health to like 3-4k then lagged out.. say the least.. I could not do that alone. >.>;;
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• Arcanis said:
    Actually, now that I think about it, if anything perhaps the eye should be shifted on to Glomdoring.

It is quite the ghosttown
    It seems to be losing players at a rapid rate
    And frankly has had quite the issues with Gods as well

Perhaps rather than seem to focus on Mag being the 'negative experience', we should actually look to orgs that fill the criteria being listed.
    ...but this is meant to be the "Why Arcanis is always right" thread.  You cannot shift the focus now

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Silvanus said:
    That's Ed Hochuli, his calls are far more verbose.

Get it right amateur.
    How exactly do you know the referees by name? I'm honestly impressed.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Leo is a glitterbear!

Oh, this isn't an attack the poster above you thread? 
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Tarkenton moved to gaudi for a while there though along with a couple other important gloms
  • Silvanus said:
    Leo is a glitterbear!

Arcanis will flag you for this personal attack against my beard!!

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice

Oh lord whatever shall we do about our player loss:

2015/12/22 01:38:17 - Calesta communefavoured Caarvaes for: true devotion towards helping anyone in the Wyrd. Your ambition is well placed.

2015/12/21 05:44:52 - Athree > Though it'd be an honour to be the Dark Marshall of this wonderful commune,  I am not in a position to bear that responsibility.  My contest is at the request of Salome only to get the elections going. Thank you.
    2015/12/21 16:26:31 - Credits: +5. Reason: Commune Member purchase.

2015/12/20 00:43:51 - Credits: +5. Reason: Commune Member purchase.
    2015/12/20 20:58:40 - Dumatirl donated 96200 gold.
    2015/12/20 21:35:30 - Xenophilius stepped out of the Portal of Fate as a commune member.

2015/12/19 03:22:32 - Crek granted a temporary amnesty of 1 months to Gabriella.
    2015/12/19 03:23:44 - Crek granted a temporary amnesty of 1 months to Avurekhos.
    2015/12/19 03:39:33 - Xenthos granted a temporary amnesty of 1 months to Rivius.
    2015/12/19 03:39:56 - Xenthos granted a temporary amnesty of 1 months to Sondayga.
    2015/12/19 03:48:19 - Xenthos granted a temporary amnesty of 1 months to Tredian.
    2015/12/19 05:03:24 - Crek communefavoured Asani for: Dedication to the true Wyrden Forest.
    2015/12/19 14:19:08 - Narynth communefavoured Kregarn for: Staunch service to the Glomdoring and the Wyrd even in the face of turmoil and uncertainty. Thank you.
    2015/12/19 16:48:22 - Credits: +5. Reason: Commune Member purchase.
    2015/12/19 18:30:21 - Xenophilous is now known as Xenophilius.

2015/12/18 04:08:42 - Catbog was welcomed into the commune by Brennan Stormcrow.
    2015/12/18 04:24:38 - Silvanus granted a temporary amnesty of 1 months to Rivius.

2015/12/17 00:22:53 - Crek granted a temporary amnesty of 5 months to Synkarin.
    2015/12/17 03:44:13 - Silvanus appointed Salome as an aide to the Minister of Power.

2015/12/16 00:37:03 - Salome communefavoured Kregarn for: An anchor amidst storms. Thank you.
    2015/12/16 06:51:01 - Salome resigned as Leader of Glomdoring.
    2015/12/16 07:49:48 - Taev stepped out of the Portal of Fate as a commune member.
    2015/12/16 07:49:57 - Taev stepped out of the Portal of Fate as a commune member.
    2015/12/16 07:58:55 - Asani donated 100000 gold.
    2015/12/16 08:00:31 - Silvanus connected the portal chamber to The Murky Crow.

Though, you are correct. We have issues our gods right now. SHIKARI COME BACK pretty much sums it up.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    What this thread has become in a nutshell:
    imageimage
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Leolamins said:
    Silvanus said:
    Leo is a glitterbear!

Arcanis will flag you for this personal attack against my beard!!

2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    Marcella said:
    Tarkenton moved to gaudi for a while there though along with a couple other important gloms

you're right. Sidd moving to Glom with viynain and shuyin must mean Glomdoring is a toxic environment. No wonder they have an inactive player base and no gods.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Lol when will this thread close?
  • Well image linking failed

The last image sums up the players feelings towards Arcanis
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    To my ears, a lot of this argument sounds a lot like what happened years ago in Glomdoring. People said it was toxic, the players in it vehemently denied its toxicity (and probably still would today), and eventually, the admin determined, in their estimation, that it was toxic enough to warrant direct intervention.

Is the situation in Magnagora approaching old Glomdoring levels? I have no idea. I wasn't/am not involved in either situation. But the argument sounds familiar.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
This discussion has been closed.