The Shakespearean Mafia Game - Heroes (Town) Win!

Comments

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I just need to say this because it has been killing me.

IF YOU'RE A VIGILANTE STOP BEING SO DAMNED TRIGGER HAPPY AND KILLING ON THE FIRST NIGHT. ARGH.

At least our innocent deaths have reduced to only the one during the night?

I don't have any new information to bring to the table at this point. I'm not sure what the nightmares mean, anyone experience anything in the night that can explain? IE is it noticable? Or maybe nothing happened to me? Not sure, but very curious.

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    (fyi if a message from me didn't go through, I have terrible internet right now and it lags a lot of my commands at odd moments so please let me know)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Vote: Cyndarin

I know nothing of the nightmares. Regretably, I was not watching Shaddus last night. As should be obvious by my vote, I believe Cyndarin to be the most suspicious at the moment. I may revise as more information comes forth. It wasn't until after the events of the 2nd night that most of us went from being suspicious of Tremula, to being convinced of her status as SK. There just isn't enough material prior to 2nd night to justify using up a one-time Vig-with-bonus. I don't believe the claim that that is the reason Cyndarin visited Tremula on the 2nd night. I also suspect much of Cyndarin's caustic flailing is meant to obfuscate that issue.

Phoning in my post. Will next be able to post in about 20 hours. Hopefully there's a lot more for us to work with by then.

• I did not have the nightmares others seem
    to have experienced - but then, I was on
    a rather lovely barge, and of no use.
    As such, I've little else to offer up.
  • edited May 2016
    We are being misguided. I haven't got anything new.
  • Sorry I didn't mean to edit but I just wanted to add nothing happened to me last night
  • Why would you not vote and offer no other suggestions, just opt out of the day? What good does that do any of us? That's an extremely odd tactic to take. Are you just avoiding suspicion?

Or uh...

Roses are red
    Violets are....delicious
    Doing nothing at all
    Is really suspicious 
    These are my quotes lifted directly from the day before I targeted Tremula.Everyone can go back and read them. Tremula was acting really suspicious from the start. I made it obvious and I even stated it in a poem. 

We're at MyLo, so I guess I just continue to be baffled as to Eldanien's mysterious scenario of when I was supposed to use my power came and went. 

How were you going to communicate your stamp of approval to me? 

Just how likely do you think it is that I could have targeted a known mafia member that the town hadn't lynched yet before the end of the game?

If I had used it on someone else, and you had seen me, how would this situation be different?

The Tremula situation is evidence of how absurd your expectations are. Once she became obvious (or perceived as obvious) she was lynched. This will pretty much always be the case. This power is niche, it is not a great boon of a power you keep trying to advertise it as. The likelihood of it working is based entirely on chance, something I understand and you apparently don't. I'm sorry you arrived at a similar conclusion I did about Tremula after I did All I can do is make my notes in the game and act accordingly, and hope chance plays out in my favor. 

It seems to me using my power on someone Eldanien didn't approve of makes me suspicious, not that Tremula wasn't suspicious. She was, she clearly was, and I pointed it out in black and white. If that makes me mafia, so be it. In Eldanien's world, I can't win. 
  • I did not receive any nightmares or had anything happen to me. I'll have some more thoughts after work, I need to read back through Celina and Eldanien's argument before I get an opinion.
  • Oh right, I was not targetted last night as far as I can tell. I received  no messages.

Which was surprising.
  • The nightmares thing seems to have affected me. Relentless and cruel mocking from a voice that made me wake up sobbing, leaving me shaken and unstable during the day.

...so, you know, a usual Wednesday.

I have no idea what it did/is doing, though. The fact that it was mentioned in the day opening text and the message specifically mentioned the day phase makes it seem like something a continuous effect of some sort though. :|

7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Nightmares do seem like bad juju. I wasn't affected by whatever it was either, so it has to be a targeted effect.
    Mrrr I'm not sure where to go from here. I have some niggling suspicions but nothing strong enough to start a lynch campaign. You're all horrible and untrustworthy actors.

(Also, I dreamed last night that somehow Othero was revealed in the day opening post by Sylandra as being definite town and I had begun theorising and concocting possibilities in my head with that knowledge....only to read back and discover there was no such thing and now my own subconscious is messing with me and I am so confused.)

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    (...man, how addicted to this game are we when we have dreams about the forums that throw off our groove?)

@Othero any progress on those thoughts? I've got nothing and we didn't have a lightning rod last night to catch all of the night actions.
    Ye Olde Vote Count:

Cyndarin: Eldanien (1)

It takes 6 votes to advance to the next scene.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I've been vocal this whole time. I'm ceding the stage for the moment so that some of the quieter actors can have their say.
  • So yeah, honestly after reading it I don't have much to add. They're both suspicious, Cyndarin's power is a bit tough to swallow but there is the chance that Eldanien is some sort of mafia investigator. The number of claims really only helped the mafia. I think I'm more suspicious of the quiet players. @Rolsand especially. I know you have not played much but you've been incredibly bland which is a common tactic of a novice mafia member.
  • Tbh I dont trust you guys either especially since you guys been making all the decisions and it hasnt been going out way. Im not gonna stop you if you plan on lynching me but dont expect a positive result if your a hero. 
  • our way rather 

• And legit whats the point of me talking if I dont have any evidence my power only takes action during the day.
  • errrrrrr cut out legit that was rather some lame slang.
  • And to be honest the people that are coming up with these "good theories" have only lead heroes to death.
  • Because mafia isn't really about evidence, it's about your opinion. The game requires people to talk and give their opinion. Not speaking up is naturally suspicious and usually means you're staying quiet so you don't have to lie or accidently share something that reveals you.

And I don't plan on lynching you, I'm just using you as an example of people flying under the radar.
    I feel like @Ieptix is a lot quieter than he normally is in these games. I'd like to hear more from him.

Also getting Tremula wrong has made me extremely nervous about pushing any of my suspicions. This is why you don't play a vig like mafia, people. Ahem. 

There is some validity to the suspicion on @Celina. Pretend (it won't be a big stretch, promise) that I am intellectually challenged and explain for us all again, slowly, exactly what your power is and why you thought to target Tremula. 

• How can I delete this discussion its seems to be putting a bad impression on me.
    You can't delete or edit mafia posts or I will mod kill you out. Sorry!
    Daraius said:
    (I'd also like to remind everyone playing that if for some reason you no longer want to play, we do have 4 understudies lined up. So if you aren't enjoying participating, there are people happy to take your place!)
    Daraius said:
  • The problem accusing failed theories
    is that, when used, those theories were our best.
    Unless someone was hiding better facts
    (in which case, why not share them with us all)
    there's little else there that we could have done,
    save perhaps to be a bit more cautious -
    as Lavinya says, that's the lesson
    that we should take away from our mistake.

We've heard from all now but for @Alary.
    Are you with us still, Chief Dogberry?
  • Oops sorry I posted that on the wrong discussion.
  • Lavinya said:
    I feel like @Ieptix is a lot quieter than he normally is in these games. I'd like to hear more from him.

Also getting Tremula wrong has made me extremely nervous about pushing any of my suspicions. This is why you don't play a vig like mafia, people. Ahem. 

There is some validity to the suspicion on @Celina. Pretend (it won't be a big stretch, promise) that I am intellectually challenged and explain for us all again, slowly, exactly what your power is and why you thought to target Tremula. 
    Hnnnng. Really. Again.

I am Titus Andronicus. 

My power is a one time night kill, or as the flavor text describes it, I can order the sacrifice of a person during the night time. 

The twist is that if I catch a member of the mafia, one specific member will be revealed to me, and that is Tamora, Queen of the Goths.

I'm not familiar with this play (or any of Shakespeare), but I googled it when I got the role. Apparently my kid wanted one of her kids sacrificed as payment for their dead siblings, so I ordered it. She begged me to not do it, I ignored her, and my kid lopped her kids limbs off and disemboweled him. Begin epic vengeance grudge match between Tamora and Titus. Tamora's kids rape and mutilate my daughter, I cook her kids in a meat pie and send it to her. My son then buries her lover up to his neck and starved to death.

Very dramatic. At any rate, the flavor goes something along the lines of killing someone she cares about will reinvigorate her hate boner and she'll fly into a fit of rage (maybe kill another of my kids, idk), revealing herself to me. 

Now, why Tremula?

Because she was behaving really weird, and opting out of voting until she was called suspicious (by me). We know she's town now, so I'm not sure why she was behaving this way now, but at the time she was. I posted that, I made it clear I didn't like her behavior. She kept saying she was fearful of a jester role, which is weird. There wasn't any evidence of it. I, at the time, felt like she might have known something we didn't, it just didn't make sense to hinder the voting process like that over an imagined threat. The whole poetry thing was really obfuscating a lot, and was really difficult to follow, lead to a couple "misunderstandings," with Krackenor.

Based on the way things were going for the town thus far, I had 2 options. 1, risk it on someone I found suspicious, or 2, do nothing with it. The mysterious scenario of knowing a member of the mafia during a nightphase wasn't just unlikely, it was a nigh impossible scenario. So Eldanien's continued harping on the fact that I didn't target a known member of the mafia is garbage sauce. Anyone who plays mafia knows that doesn't really happen ever, known members of the mafia don't survive lynch phases for obvious reasons. It was going to be a gamble one way or the other, something I recognized and reacted to appropriately. 

Mafia or dangerous. I said this in my initial role claim. I'm not covering this again. 

• I am, but I'm afraid my efforts to do my due diligance were foiled, b\for Maylea was not in her chamber when I visited her. I have no new information for you, I'm afraid. This one we shall have to leave up to mob mentality and a good stroke of luck.
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."