Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover Edition

Comments

• I guess you're right. In that case, let's have some fun!:

@Ssaliss I challenge you to a duel! I choose you, Thaumaturgic Miracle!

OH cruel Fate, when wilt thou weary be?
    When satisfied with tormenting me?
    What have I e'er designed, but thou hast crost?
    All that I wished to gain by thee, I've lost:
    From my first infancy, thy spite thou'st shown
    and from my cradle, I've thy malice known...
  • I don't think you can, since you can only lose once per day, and Resilience only lasts a day. Once you lose, you can't challenge, nor can you be challenged.
  • Ah, right. Forgot about the one-loss-per-day thing (since, y'know, it didn't apply yesterday due to all matches being exibitions). Anyway...

@Iosion! I accept! No bets! Hourai's Seven-Coloured Jewel
  • Oh very well, I suppose I can get mixed into things.

@Ssaliss I accept your challenge! No wagers, Spirits of Human Desire!
  • @Ssaliss (check with Kira, but you might wanna bold in the future. They're actions, after all)
    OH cruel Fate, when wilt thou weary be?
    When satisfied with tormenting me?
    What have I e'er designed, but thou hast crost?
    All that I wished to gain by thee, I've lost:
    From my first infancy, thy spite thou'st shown
    and from my cradle, I've thy malice known...
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    @Ssaliss I respectfully forfeitMostly because when I do want to do duels, I'd like to strategically drop the element of surprise.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    If he loses to me, don't the rest cancel out? It's probably best to let them settle one at a time.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    Oh, I have no idea! I was thinking of how they went yesterday. In which case I stand by what I said but it may prove unnecessary. XD
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Since Exhibition matches don't count as real, in terms of losses, losing one probably doesn't prevent one from participating in other matches. If someone actually wagered something, though, we would want to let them resolve in order.
  • All was quiet for me last night, but it does seem odd that there were no deaths. Did anyone feel threatened or narrowly escape danger?
    I received no night actions, to my knowledge.
    Daraius said:
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I didn't notice @Tremula target me, in fact my night ended up being very peaceful. 

I think it's fairly easy to determine if the action is good or bad or non-existent, in that if anything bad happens to me during a duel, it can be assumed Tremula is a lying liar who lies and you can all string her up to the nearest lamp post. So for now I'm inclined to believe her claim about her night.

Should I test it? And if so, with whom? Will the power do anything if it's only an exhibition? Will it inadvertently cause me to hinder someone else? I don't know if I want to just leap into battle to answer my questions. I'm being cautious. Also very confused by the flavour so I will have to trust those of you in the know in regards to your analysis of characters and cards and so forth. 

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I expect Tremula might be best able to answer those questions, if anyone. It is odd that you wouldn't notice anything over the course of the night, but maybe we're just heavy sleepers. I was rather surprised I was apparently left untouched myself.
    Hmmm. I do think as a mod, Kira is in the camp to sometimes only show you the flavor you need to see.

For example: In Kira's Chimaera game, I roleblocked someone with no night powers, and they were not notified of my roleblocking; it makes sense, really, as they took no action to be blocked in the first place. So I guess we'd be notified if there was a reason to know we'd be targeted, but...a lack of notification doesn't necessarily mean we weren't targeted for anything.
    Daraius said:
  • Checking in. I experienced nothing overnight.
    I wasn't in that game, so that is useful to note.

As an aside, if anyone wishes to test the waters in a duel with stakes, today I will be willing do so, as well as play my lowest value card. I'm in a good position to function as a guinea pig right now.

• Lehki said:
    I don't want town to get distracted by it to much so I'm gonna ahead an admit that I'm not native to Gensokyo. This was just.briefly mentioned as part of my character's backstory though, and wasn't related to my alignment. So possible there is some overlap with the other group mentioned, but don't think it's something of significance for us to look at.
    For the sake of transparency, I am also not native to Gensokyo; all of this bizarre anime nonsense is completely befuddling to me.

And I did get roleblocked last night, so that's all the information I have available at present. I do wonder who the third visitor from afar is, since the news said we had three non-natives present.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
    I'd be inclined to believe at least one of you three is Mamizou, since she was from Sado in the Outside World prior, and would likely still have a presence in Gensokyo. There's not many other options otherwise, and if any of you lack spellcards for any reason... well, that'd narrow it down even more, but perhaps you'd rather not share that.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I don't know if the power will activate if it's only an exhibition, but I'm inclined to believe it will because there wasn't any specific caveat with my power. It just designates 'in the next duel'. Since it is your head (and mine, if you don't want to/can't confirm), I'll go ahead and say that it's a power that gives a plus to your point totals. It's weak, but it's been hinted that it could get stronger as I use it, so I wasted no time.

Enjoy your echo shield!
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • I'm also not from Gensokyouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Okay so back home and had more time to break down the mod post.

The Bunbunmaru news I read as just some flavour text at first, and still can't really glean anything conclusive from it, but Melali did raise good points. We'll just need to see what the next day's Bunbunmaru news brings.

The census did read as a player power to me though. Will also have to see if another one happens, but I'm going to take a guess that the player is able to pick two things to check all players for, and then we get a mod post with numbers on those things?  

So the 3 non-natives seems like a dead end thing to me, but that's just because I know I'm non-native and town. Going to guess the census taker was just taking a shot in the dark on "outsiders" being the scum. Suppose you guy's will have to watch if Ileeien and I seem to be conspiring and come to your own conclusion on that.

The 4 people sabotaging the construction efforts do read as scum of this game to me, since we are voting "someone off the reconstruction efforts." In a game of 22 people though, only 4 scum seems kind of small, so either I'm off about those 4 being the scum, or possibly we got a second group like in Tremula's game.

Also, I'm a little confused by the "It is now possible to vote someone off the reconstruction efforts". Was no lynch actually the only option yesterday? Not really a big deal either way, just wondering.
    Yeah yesterday was designated as a no lynch.
    Daraius said:
    Ah, so that certainly helps to clarify.

@Ileein A specific question for you. As you appear to be, perhaps, a little more befuddled than Yarith and Lehki, are you here by your own accord, or by some accident? Or have you no real idea whatsoever?

• Sylandra said:
    Yeah yesterday was designated as a no lynch.
    Oh whoop yeah. I somehow missed that bit on the day 0 post orginally.
  • Do we have any clues as to who to lynch today? The two main people I see are Siam, because of the newspaper thing, and Ileein, because he was blocked last night and we have had no killing. It would be a fantastic coincidence, but it is possible.

Anyway, we don't know anything for sure, but @Ileein and @Siam are more suspicious than everyone else, at least in my opinion.
  • Tremula said:
    If he loses to me, don't the rest cancel out? It's probably best to let them settle one at a time.
    As I understood it, they are resolved in the order I challenge. So Sylandra first, then you, then Tamashi, then Iosion.

I also don't expect exhibition matches to cancel everything.

Vivet said:
    I wasn't in that game, so that is useful to note.

As an aside, if anyone wishes to test the waters in a duel with stakes, today I will be willing do so, as well as play my lowest value card. I'm in a good position to function as a guinea pig right now.

I'll take you up on that. Vivet I challenge you. Sacrificial Stratagem
  • Well, maybe lets keep it to one challenge at a time then instead of belting off multiple in a single go? Maybe we can all agree to use one challenge until time passes, accepted, or forfeited before issuing another? Just an idea and I know I get no real say in it.
  • Synkarin froze himself?  What other characters do we likely know based on spell cards used?

In the meantime I would like to challenge Kalaneya to a duel.
    @Kalaneya  I challenge you to a duel! I will use Sunspark!

• Challenges are resolved in the order challenges are made.

Ssaliss challenges Sylandra
    Ssaliss approaches Sylandra for a challenge, but after a moment of mulling things over she shakes her head, proclaiming that she does not want to battle today, and through that forfeiting her right to participate in any other spellcard duels for the day.

Ssaliss wins by default. Sylandra can't participate in any other spellcard duels for the day.

Ssaliss challenges Tremula
    After he's done with Sylandra, Ssaliss goes over to Tremula, who is more than eager to accept. The two fly up, conjuring their by now familiar familiars. Tremula pushes forward first, eager to get on the offensive in the hope that she'll be able to keep Ssaliss on his toes and prevent the explosive familiars from getting too close. Ssaliss nimbly weaves backwards, smoothly sidestepping the reflected bullets. Ssaliss continues to yield ground, allowing Tremula to push steadily closer, but this is all according to plan. Tremula is so concerned with keeping Ssaliss of balance that she doesn't notice one of the familiars sneaking in on her from below, blowing up almost right in front of her with enough force to knock her back to the ground.

Ssaliss has won the spellcard duel.

Ssaliss challenges Tamashi
    Cocky after his recent victory, Ssaliss moves on to challenge Tamashi, who does accept his challenge. Gathering up his familiars from his previous fight, Ssaliss sends them out towards Tamashi with a simple flick of the wrist. Tamashi weaves between the scattered blasts, before he pulls out two fans and spreads them out wide, sending a rain of small shimmering bullets not unlike tiny spirits flying at Ssaliss. The spirits push Ssaliss down towards the ground, but once there Ssaliss has no problem sidestepping the spirits and letting them crash harmlessly to the ground. He dodge-runs until he's almost beneath Tamashi and then flings up a familiar, causing an explosion right beneath Tamashi's feet. The bullets that fly from the exploding familiar fly towards Tamashi, riddling him with bursts of energy.

Iosion challenges Ssaliss
    Yesterday most fights revolved around Siam. Today, it seems, most fights will revolve around Ssaliss. Iosion demands a fight with Ssaliss, and Ssaliss is more than happy to provide. He surrounds himself with a corona of rainbow light, standing ready to receive Iosion's own spell. As Iosion calls out "Thaumaturgic Miracle", a five pointed star made from small bullets appear between the two. The star quickly dissolves into a burst of bullets that fly towards Ssaliss, but most are burned away by the seven beams of light surrounding him. The remaining bullets are easy to avoid, and Ssaliss manages to defeat Iosion with a follow up string of arrow bullets that push Iosion into the green beam of light.

Hat-trick for Ssaliss

Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • As the spellcard duels settle down and things temporarily calm while other matches are agreed upon, Tamashi suddenly experiences a strange itch that must be scratched. Tremula! He calls out loudly. You, me. Spellcard duel! I challenge you to face my Raining Light of Humanity!
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.