Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover Edition

Comments

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Is Sidd also blocked from speaking today?
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    no, I am not

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I'm now imagining Sidd typing in sneeze-Morse code.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • That would be entertaining, but no I believe it was just his vote cannot be made. Though I personally don't think it's too much of an issue for first day, as I don't really see us lynching someone.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Awesome. @Synkarin, can you tell us more about the flavour text(if you got one re: roleblock)? Might have clues!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Tamashi said:
    That would be entertaining, but no I believe it was just his vote cannot be made. Though I personally don't think it's too much of an issue for first day, as I don't really see us lynching someone.
    Why not? Lynching after the first night is always a good idea, in my experience. Lynches = information!
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    I went swimming with some frogs and the frog and me got frozen while swimming

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    There really isn't any more information than that

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Well I guess we know Cirno is in the game though I really couldn't guess if they were mafia or town. Really could go either way.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Why would you swim with frogs when you know the ice fairies are freeze happy this week?
    Othero said:
    Well I guess we know Cirno is in the game though I really couldn't guess if they were mafia or town. Really could go either way.
    Can you unpack this for the non-Touhou experts?
    Daraius said:
  • I mean, I thought @Synkarin was Cirno based on the spellcard used. Is someone else saying otherwise?
  • Sylandra said:
    Othero said:
    Well I guess we know Cirno is in the game though I really couldn't guess if they were mafia or town. Really could go either way.
    Yes, please do. The flavor of this game is still so way above my head.

Nothing fun happened last night.
    OH cruel Fate, when wilt thou weary be?
    When satisfied with tormenting me?
    What have I e'er designed, but thou hast crost?
    All that I wished to gain by thee, I've lost:
    From my first infancy, thy spite thou'st shown
    and from my cradle, I've thy malice known...
  • Tamashi said:
    I mean, I thought @Synkarin was Cirno based on the spellcard used. Is someone else saying otherwise?
    Oh, true that is one of Cirno's cards. Really I feel like trying to guess this too much isn't worth it anyways. They are an iconic enough character that I would be shocked if they didn't show.

Sylandra said:
    Othero said:
    Cirno is an Ice Fairy who freezes everything she can. Mischievous but benign and pretty low powered.
    Swimming with frogs is fun! swim swim swim.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Honestly, I can see Cirno accidentally freezing herself along with the frog(s). This would not be an unusual thing.
  • I also just took a deeper look at my spell cards and they are not a perfect way to pick a character. None of mine are the exact cards the character uses in the game and 2 of them I would associate with other characters if I was trying to find it through google-fu
    How would that work with a mafia mechanic though? Are you suggesting Cirno (if Synkarin) tried to block someone else's vote, then got redirected to themselves?
    Daraius said:
  • Maybe? Could have a random chance on It? Could be that there are 15 redirects in the game and a perfect storm of them bounced it back to the person doing it.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I'm unsure. I can only conclude that Synkarin did not directly observe any interference being directed towards them (unless corrected) and am drawing a flavour conclusion based off of that.

Doesn't help that we have little else to work with right now, either. I do have to wonder about who precisely might be from outside of Gensokyo, though. Hmm.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Wish I knew my own flavour, but I'm just over here being awesome.
  • Vivet said:
    I'm unsure. I can only conclude that Synkarin did not directly observe any interference being directed towards them (unless corrected) and am drawing a flavour conclusion based off of that.

Doesn't help that we have little else to work with right now, either. I do have to wonder about who precisely might be from outside of Gensokyo, though. Hmm.

I hope it is characters from the really weird/obscure team Shanghai Alice games. Or just ZUN is actually in the game.
  • Today's lucky numbers are... 15, 4, and 19!

@Sylandra! I challenge you to a duel! Hourai's Seven-Coloured Jewel
    @Tremula! I challenge you to a duel! Sacrificial Stratagem
    @Tamashi! I challenge you to a duel! Sacrificial Stratagem
  • Voluntary fluff post or role requirement?
  • Also, are you betting anything? Is wagering required, @Kiradawea?

Emphasis still on question above.
  • If that was to me, that's purely voluntary fluff! I just use RNG to determine who to challenge.
  • I believe the person who accepts the challenge picks the wager
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Hrm...well, to follow my own advice! I accept your challenge, Ssaliss! We duel in exhibition! Sutras of the Gate!
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Okay! And okay!

Just noticed you can wager nothing, as well.

I mean, I'm all for interactivity, but there's the possibility of you getting screwed, and royally at that, for the sake of fluff?

Hm.
  • Well, at this stage, it isn't that much of being screwed. If I challenge and lose, I might lose my vote, be more likely to be voted out, or lose my ability to do spellcard duels for a little while. Neither is much of a danger during day one.

That does raise a question, though... @Kiradawea, can the resilience bet stack? I.e. can you essentially duel your way down to requiring a single vote to be lynched?