Daily Credits Coming Soon!

Comments

• Oh ok 50 is way way more than I thought there was. I only know about half a dozen.
  • Just want to chip in a little reminder point.

Domoths are our more frequent conflict event and really should be on the credit generation list as well. Participating and holding should get something.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Re: guilds, I have a quality of life request:

Give cities a command so they can automatically distribute X% of their yearly org credits to their guilds. Let them set X at whatever they like. I'd probably make X the same for every guild to stop politics from getting nasty, but letting them set X for each one is possible. It'll give guilds a source of funding for their own projects and events. CL could do it manually by issuing credits to someone and depositing, but that's slightly more of a pain.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Portius said:
    Re: guilds, I have a quality of life request:

Give cities a command so they can automatically distribute X% of their yearly org credits to their guilds. Let them set X at whatever they like. I'd probably make X the same for every guild to stop politics from getting nasty, but letting them set X for each one is possible. It'll give guilds a source of funding for their own projects and events. CL could do it manually by issuing credits to someone and depositing, but that's slightly more of a pain.
    I was actually planning a discussion on this tonight in Glom. Was going to raise a "donate 100 credits per year to guilds" idea (this leaves 400-700 for the org).

An automated way of doing it would be preferable, but piping some of the resources to guilds seems worthwhile enough that I already wanted to pursue it!
  • I don't think I've ever killed 100 mobs or influenced 100 mobs in a day. I'm pretty sure the only way I'll be earning credits is through power generation, since I like to feed the creatures on the Vortex. Ah well, I don't play this game for the Credits anyway.
  • I mainly want to warn about the smob credit reward. I am not sure how you are going to weigh them, but both Hallifax" and Gaudiguch' smobs are considerably easier to kill than the others. Mag's and Celest's smobs once again easier than Commune smobs. With easier also comes more. Anyway if I want easy credits I would go for killing the easy mode smobs rather than the harder commune ones. 

I also want to point out repeated killing of smobs, something this seems to promote, has been a point of annoyance of many players in the past hence they were beefed up repeatedly.

I would therefor want to strongly urge you to not give credits for killing smobs and instead create, like others suggest, an intermediate group called bosses that are not directly loyal to orgs. I would think of queen of queens, the Illithoid boss I can't remember right now, Cloier, Globglob, probably some new ones.

I am also not getting why Icons are getting a credit reward but Domoths are not.
  • Just to keep you in the loop, we're keeping a list of all these comments and will review the points everyone brings up. The goal, BTW, is to take at least 2 hours to earn 20 credits, so it really doesn't matter mechanically how exactly Imperian does their daily credit rewards (though we follow their blueprint) if the end result is the same. I don't think the avatar mobs will be a common method of getting daily credits when there are easier ways. In any event, even after release, we'll monitor how long it takes players to accumulate the rewards and tweak as necessary with the 2 hour goal in mind.

• Presumably also that 20 credits means "generating 20 credits from scratch" and won't be taking into account some number of credits being disbursed by orgs, right? 
  • Right, the personal daily credits are separate from org credits and aren't factored in, however the org credits are dispersed.
  • edited February 2019
    Esoneyuna said:
    I mainly want to warn about the smob credit reward. I am not sure how you are going to weigh them, but both Hallifax" and Gaudiguch' smobs are considerably easier to kill than the others. Mag's and Celest's smobs once again easier than Commune smobs. With easier also comes more. Anyway if I want easy credits I would go for killing the easy mode smobs rather than the harder commune ones. 

I also want to point out repeated killing of smobs, something this seems to promote, has been a point of annoyance of many players in the past hence they were beefed up repeatedly.

I would therefor want to strongly urge you to not give credits for killing smobs and instead create, like others suggest, an intermediate group called bosses that are not directly loyal to orgs. I would think of queen of queens, the Illithoid boss I can't remember right now, Cloier, Globglob, probably some new ones.

I am also not getting why Icons are getting a credit reward but Domoths are not.

Any mob with an avatar flag counts. So things like the Cloier, Queen of Queens, Cthologg etc all count towards this reward already.
  • Ikons only count towards org scores. I'm hestitant to make domoths count towards org scores because that just encourages even more of the 'domoth with no enemies around' issue. We want to promote conflict, not encourage avoiding it.
  • I would be thinking that as domoths are our most frequent conflict event we'd want to include them in. Even getting participation to give a small reward would be good. Be on a domoth for 10 mins, make a kill or die or something and get 1 credit to your daily total.

To me that'd be looking to encourage people to take part and attack domoths. ATM at off peak or on peak times people just don't bother with domoths even when theres more enemies around to challenge. 

Domoths have sort of become a non thing for conflict because people don't want to attack them.
    At the same time, making them count could also encourage people to try more than they do.  I started to write a suggestion about making it count for more if there is fighting, but I suppose allies could kill each other to game that.

But domoths are really the only consistently running conflict event you have running.  It is possible to have an entire in-game year run without either a village revolt or a flare at all (if the village revolt is on the long side)... and even if both fire, that is just one of each.

Making them count for a lot would skew things too much probably, but they should have at least a one-point impact per person (this encourages you to do it with more people around at least).
  • Would it be difficult to reward more if contesting happens? I believe counting kills or deaths of city enemies could be a metric to use if possible?

@Xenthos you beat me to it.
  • Random person on the "enemy" side of the alliance, chatting with them I'm blah blah. I've redacted their name and edited it a little for language.

PERSON at 2:52 AM
    The change to free to play is a good thing right?

Blah BlahToday at 2:53 AM
    to me it sounds good
    like the basic jist of it is you can generate credits in game

PERSON at 2:53 AM
    I think so too. I just hope it doesn't mean it is dying.

PERSON at 2:53 AM
    We are being paid to play.
    Everything I complained about. People will be doing stuff.

Blah BlahToday at 2:53 AM
    What do you mean?

PERSON at 2:54 AM
    Like people will be partaking in revolts, domoths and nodes and getting credits for it.

Blah BlahToday at 2:54 AM
    yea you get credits for talking part in stuff i guess

• Based on Deichtine's test in Imperian, it seems they don't care if you bash for 2 hours to get your 20 credits - seemingly even encouraging doing one thing for 2 hours for the 20 if that is something you what to do.

I understand that you want people to use multiple systems, but the reality of it is not everyone likes every system and people will want to stick with one, maybe two, things. I feel this is basically like the old gold cap - punishing to people who enjoy only a few aspects of the game or those who can't be around for revolts/flares/etc.
  • edited February 2019
    Erm side point about conflict events as well.

If we cut out the domoths and don't reward them.

Then we're talking about getting 1 reward roughly every week for a village. 1 Roughly every 10ish days for a bubble and 1 reward every two weeks from wild nodes assuming your lucky enough to be online for them. So thats what four or so ticks every fortnight.

Compare that to Imperian that has a caravan every 5ish hours where I can get 1-3 ticks of a reward every 5 hours if I win. More likely to get one or two but three is possible. Plus champion etc.

It's probably not likely because I'd have to be on all day but its possible to entirely cap out every day in Imperian from just conflict events.

Like just as a concept lets say I'm a champion in imperian and I win over two caravans and I'm screwing around murdering people or sitting in a public place chatting all day for a five hour period.

Thats 5 ticks of champion reward and 2-6 ticks of caravan rewards. For a roughly five hour play time. So I'm getting 5 4 3 2 1 from champion and +2 or +6 from the caravan. 

I mean its very impractical to try and get it all via just conflict stuff. I mean instead of sitting around just talking I could be bashing instead to cap quicker. But I just wanted to point out how in Imperian I can cap my self in a day entirely from conflict or entirely from bashing.
  • My talk was in reference to having domoths count towards Org Scores, not daily credits for individuals. In case that wasn't clear.
    Orael said:
    My talk was in reference to having domoths count towards Org Scores, not daily credits for individuals. In case that wasn't clear.
    My reply was in that regard too!  (But some of the other replies did go off towards credits)
  • Orael said:
    Ikons only count towards org scores. I'm hestitant to make domoths count towards org scores because that just encourages even more of the 'domoth with no enemies around' issue. We want to promote conflict, not encourage avoiding it.
    Are Ikons not in the same boat of nobody is really doing them? At least I get that impression from the news posts about their rankings which always seems 2 or 4 people playing one game just to place. Domoths at least are being done regularly. It probably requires tweaking but the lack of participation isn't as much because people are planning it when nobody is about. Even on things we don't plan like wildnodes combat is rare.
  • Orael said:
    My talk was in reference to having domoths count towards Org Scores, not daily credits for individuals. In case that wasn't clear.

Ahh ok, My replies have been pretty much focused on the individual credit reward stuff for everything. my bad.

In relation to org scores I can't really see any issue with domoths being part of the org ranking points though.

Upgrades are player controlled for sure but there is still the fluxing part of it that adds the random opportunity element to it.

In compassion with Imperian they are 2 events that are 100% player controlled. Raids and Obelisks. Raids are pretty much what they sound like, you declare a raid on an enemy org and you have the opportunity to walk into their org and mess something up. It'd be the equivalent of kidnapping the organisations tutors such as Brennan and Rowena. 

Obelisks are sort of like Domoths. You control them and do not have to upgrade them though. The way to take them is to challenge them and then you go and hold the island they are on for an hour or so and then boom its yours. 

Both these events add to the org scores in imperian and both can be done when there are no enemies about I guess like domoths. I've not really seen any issues with them at all.

I mean how big a difference really is capturing a village through luck by having no enemies around really much different than claiming a domoth that doesn't have many enemies around.

• Ayisdra said:
     I feel this is basically like the old gold cap - punishing to people who enjoy only a few aspects of the game or those who can't be around for revolts/flares/etc.

It is not punishing them - it is rewarding them less. They still get rewarded though
  • Kistan said:
    Ayisdra said:
     I feel this is basically like the old gold cap - punishing to people who enjoy only a few aspects of the game or those who can't be around for revolts/flares/etc.

It is not punishing them - it is rewarding them less. They still get rewarded though
    I don't know anyone that can kill/influence about 10K(roughly the amount it would take for the 20 credits if you did only that thing) mobs a day. If a player only likes hunting and influencing, that is still 5000 mobs each, which is still more than what  probably could be done in a day.
  • But if their hunting/influencing took in a couple fo power quests and commodity quests for villages, they could easily hit it using just hunting/influencing?
  • Kistan said:
    But if their hunting/influencing took in a couple fo power quests and commodity quests for villages, they could easily hit it using just hunting/influencing?
    You need to do 25 powerquests for the first tier(which it goes up from there), you still only get 1 credit for that even. A single round is about 5-7  (or at least it is in Hallifax). With an hour reset time, that's about 5 hours for the first tier of powerquests.
    Commodity quests I guess could be something people could do, but doing that means you are making commodities for an opposing org (which might not be something everyone wants to do)
  • 5-7? That really needs to be equitable across all the cities

Its 10 in Gaudiguch and 15 in Magnagora I think
  • Kistan said:
    5-7? That really needs to be equitable across all the cities

Its 10 in Gaudiguch and 15 in Magnagora I think
    I believe Hallifax's power quest gives more power per thing than the other orgs, so we have a lower number to make up for it.
  • It's power brought in by the power quest, not the amount of times doing the quest. 
    Orael said:
    It's power brought in by the power quest, not the amount of times doing the quest. 
    ... oh.  Well then.  That changes things a bit!
  • Orael said:
    It's power brought in by the power quest, not the amount of times doing the quest. 

Will the same be true of bards and scholars? So Adalgiso's song and getting pages from the library help? And the domoths as well?