Daily Credits Coming Soon!

Comments

• Deichtine said:

I like these changes but my biggest complaint/suggestion would be could we get the bashing points assigned to the squad members equally.

Like quick reason is to give more encouragement to group stuff.
    Perhaps this can be a option within the Squads commands as is, like it also be apart of Distribution. I don't think everyone will want to share their work in a squad because there are often cases of people dragging another, or many, on a hunting train for experience gain. I'd support it being a toggle or not at all over just forced spread within the squad.
  • Good point. I like the sound of that.
  • Hope there's at least a bit of roleplay mechanism as to why credits suddenly rain from the sky. :)
  • Arkh said:
    Hope there's at least a bit of roleplay mechanism as to why credits suddenly rain from the sky. :)
    Because Estarra loves you and each credit is now in the shape of a 'X' or 'O', RP achieved mission accomplished, going home.
  • Domoths will now count for individual credit rewards as long as you're on the bubble for ~10mins while a domoth is being claimed.

• Orael said:
    Domoths will now count for individual credit rewards as long as you're on the bubble for ~10mins while a domoth is being claimed.

I like it but....

That one is a little bit weird as it turns domoths on their head.

Currently ascendants get to do it faster and it lasts longer (resist urge for further double entendres)

Whereas now, you sort of want it to last a bit longer (to allow more to get up there) and do them more often. With bonus credits for all the hunting, you may wish domoths to never end
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited February 2019
    Kistan said:
    Orael said:
    Domoths will now count for individual credit rewards as long as you're on the bubble for ~10mins while a domoth is being claimed.

I like it but....

That one is a little bit weird as it turns domoths on their head.

Currently ascendants get to do it faster and it lasts longer (resist urge for further double entendres)

Whereas now, you sort of want it to last a bit longer (to allow more to get up there) and do them more often. With bonus credits for all the hunting, you may wish domoths to never end
    You are overestimating how fast domoth mobs spawn, I think.  Also I suspect this functions like villages, so you just get 1 tick per domoth (the participation tick), so you still want the domoth done faster; why stay up there for 60 minutes when you can be done in 30 with the same reward?  The length-of-time-held is potentially a thing, but there are 9 domoths so there's usually one sitting around to upgrade every day (and if it's held by an enemy, you'll get credits for going and trying to take it too).
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Yeah if anything it will hopefully encourage participation on both sides.

• Xenthos said:

You are overestimating how fast domoth mobs spawn, I think.  Also I suspect this functions like villages, so you just get 1 tick per domoth (the participation tick), so you still want the domoth done faster; why stay up there for 60 minutes when you can be done in 30 with the same reward?  
    So everyone else can come up and join you and get their participation tick. If it was open for 3 hours, friends, neighbours, allies and enemies could come up for their tick
  • Ixion said:
    With an intentionally casual 55% crit rate 
    Am I the only one not seeing how 55% can be casual rather than invested? Where is all this crit chance coming from?

• Devora said:
    Kalnid said:
    As in, the effort spent in-game is zero. Purchasing credits, yes.
    Thanks for explaining. In that case, I think calling it absurd assumes people have the money to purchase credits. Lots of people want to be able to compete in PK and obtain convenient artifacts without spending RL money. Bulk buys, best value for your money, can be esp inaccessible. 20 creds per day is $8 to $10 per day at small pack rates and $5.50 at bulk buy rates. That's $2k to $3.6k per year in savings.
    I agree. Also, any true pvp person wants more people to pvp against. Now, some may be able to dapple in pvp because they won't have to make a huge invest to literally just not die. Health and mana runes are 1k by themselves and absolutely necessary. Not to mention trans three class skills as well as combat and discipline. I will continue to purchase credits. That being said I do believe some of the better pvpers could remove all artifacts and still beat me with ease. It isn't a 1:1 with pvp success to artifact ratio, but they truly help. For people that may not be able to play as much as others, it is still a good option to be able to purchase (I will still be purchasing). Let's try not to exclude either group: those that will spend time not money, those that spend money not time, or those that spend money and time. I think everyone should be interested in expanding our playerbase. This, I hope, will do exactly that. 
    Jolanthe said:
    Ixion said:
    With an intentionally casual 55% crit rate 
    Am I the only one not seeing how 55% can be casual rather than invested? Where is all this crit chance coming from?

He means casual for him, not casual-for-everyone, I think.
  • Let's see what I can drum up to make 55% look casual (though extremely invested still)

42.18% Base
    04.00% Poteen Pot
    04.00% Lucky Clover
    04.00% KiwiPunch
    02.50% Crit food (5 stacks)
    00.50% Kirigami
    06.00% Lv3 Crit Rune
    -----------------
    63.18% Total
  • Ooh, okay. Poteen and clover are the big ones I've never used, nor known the values for. They're pretty big. Thanks!
    There is also the Merian 5% one (if you are including crit rune on the invested side you might as well count that too).

There is also the Catsluck curio (2%?).  All that gets you up to around 70%.
  • I was trying to keep it to a list of things that are globally available, as Merian isn't acceptable everywhere. Didn't know about the catsluck curio, but also didn't include the Zarakido skill for increased crits either for the same reason as globally available.
  • Lycidas said:
    Let's see what I can drum up to make 55% look casual (though extremely invested still)

42.18% Base
    04.00% Poteen Pot
    04.00% Lucky Clover
    04.00% KiwiPunch
    02.50% Crit food (5 stacks)
    00.50% Kirigami
    06.00% Lv3 Crit Rune
    -----------------
    63.18% Total
    I'm going to say that poteen pots (hard to assemble curios with random effects and heavy amounts of drunkenness added that not everyone can deal with/heal off), lucky clover (from wheel spins, not everyone was able to stack 10 years worth back in the day), and level 3 crit runes (1200 credits. Even with the new system that's a dedicated -two months- to save up for) are probably outside the realm of "casual". So stacking crit food, kirigami, and kiwipunch (accessible, even if possibly expensive) leaves you with an intentionally casual... 49.18%. That 6% difference is kinda significant, I imagine.
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
    edited February 2019
    Merian is technically globally available.  People just hide it under artifact hats to disguise they are using it for the RP reasons you describe.

I would agree with not using the skillsets ones though (Gaudiguch has one too).
  • Stratas said:
    I'm going to say that poteen pots (hard to assemble curios with random effects and heavy amounts of drunkenness added that not everyone can deal with/heal off), lucky clover (from wheel spins, not everyone was able to stack 10 years worth back in the day), and level 3 crit runes (1200 credits. Even with the new system that's a dedicated -two months- to save up for) are probably outside the realm of "casual". So stacking crit food, kirigami, and kiwipunch (accessible, even if possibly expensive) leaves you with an intentionally casual... 49.18%. That 6% difference is kinda significant, I imagine.
    I did put in (though extremely invested still) for a reason, heh
  • What about Wheel Coins? Them being removed from all previous sources was supposed to be to encourage the coins as a reward as well...is that not going to be part of it, and JUST credits?
  • Shango said:
    What about Wheel Coins? Them being removed from all previous sources was supposed to be to encourage the coins as a reward as well...is that not going to be part of it, and JUST credits?
    According to the vocal minority, nobody actually wants coins for wheel spins.
    Lycidas said:
    Shango said:
    What about Wheel Coins? Them being removed from all previous sources was supposed to be to encourage the coins as a reward as well...is that not going to be part of it, and JUST credits?
    According to the vocal minority, nobody actually wants coins for wheel spins.
    I would say that you're overstating things considerably, since nobody actually said that.
    Made it on to test for a few minutes tonight.  Didn't get an exact count, but a little under 25 solo-linked mitrans for the first 100-point tick, and exactly 59 for the 250-point tick (so ~120 solo mitrans for a 500 point).  So that's ~2,160 mitran kills for a full clear of your dailies (vs the 9,000 pre change).

Honestly this feels a lot better.  Hunting (and influencing) will still be less effective than other options for the "primary" gain, but if you want to use them to supplement they're far more viable now.  For example, get 4 ticks via domoths/comm quests/random events (14 of your daily credits there) and then you can get the other 6 via hunting/influencing without feeling like you're wasting your entire day grinding (or you could throw in a quest or two in there and just use the kills to top of the last couple of credits instead).

Will have to see once it goes live and we play with it, but prior to this last set of changes my plan was to do 4 sets of comm quests and just not bother with the rest.  Now I'm going to be aiming for 4 sets of comm quests and killing things for the rest since it doesn't seem like it'll take too very long.

Thank you for listening to feedback.  I anticipate that numbers will be up for adjustment based on more large-scale usage, but I'm feeling a lot less apprehensive about the current state of things than I was.
  • I'm just looking over the points for the orgs again.

Villages and bubbles are pretty much all luck as to who wins them. Our population is at the state where there is never any real contest in them. Its just a case of who's logged in at the time to catch them. Generally the situation is either your logged in and you win them or your not and the other side grabs them, either with no competition.

I can't see why we don't include domoths in for the org points with the same score as villages/bubbles. I understand the concern is that people will do them off peak but villages and bubbles happen off peak mostly anyway. If your not taking domoths into account you may as well not take villages or bubbles into account either.

• --
    I know its sort of a rough level but we're talking about seeing one village, bubble and flare every year give or take a bit.

Talking about earning up to a max of 75 points for conflict events.

Talking about a max of 250 points from the publishing library/theatre system.
    Up to 50 points per year for publishing books.
    Up to 50 points per year for publishing plays.
    Up to 100 points per year for winning scholarly and literary contests.
    Up to 50 points for winning theatre.

Ikon tournament can earn up to 30 points.

Public designs can earn up to 50 points.

The system as is is heavily favouring the publishing system as the main and real way to be top org.

Conflict events could do with a bit of a boost. If you were to include domoths in for 20 points for holding it at the end of the year. Then you'd have 180 points there but each org could only get a max of 100 points from domoths. That'd buff conflict points up to being able to earn a max of 175 per year.

The library and theatre system still would be the most important things for orgs to focus upon but then at least you'd have the conflict system being somewhat impactful as opposed to almost not at all.
  • The current average publications per year between orgs on average is probably below .1, so I wouldn't worry too much about it overshadowing anything else.
  • I don't understand why holding domoths and not villages or flares?

I think domoths have enough going for them - they give individual credits, they give city power and they give a whole bunch of perks as well.

I am happy with it being more weighted towards the publishing library/theatre system though it does seem to run alongside the Culture system (will that be disappearing?) because it encourages people to use lesser used parts of the game (including ikons)

Realistically, how many cities are going to produce 5 plays/10 books/10 designs a year? So the chance of scooping 250 points is minimal - it involves winning everything.

Look back over the last 50 years of submissions and there is nothing like this level of activity.

Realistically you are looking at having to win one of the categories to get the points.

So writing a book and a play (and getting one to win) would net 65 points. And that is expecting a book or play every year! Conflict events already net 75. I don't think they need the boost.
  • I'm in agreement, conflict events don't need anything else going for them, as even they are no contest like villages and aetherflares were stated to be. Even then, I've had more times trying to take a village or flare WITH opposition than WITHOUT. Perhaps boosting these conflict rewards helps certain places that aren't really suffering a population problem, but it sure as heck disempowers those that are suffering from low population.

In fact, it truthfully ONLY helps your current alliance, seeing as all 9 are owned by some combination of the three. Sure you could argue that Gaudiguch and Celest are suffering from low population, but fact is, you supplement their numbers with constant aide to make it a moot point. Not saying helping allies is a bad thing, just nulls the argument. Serenwilde has a small population overall, and even fewer combatants, same thing with Hallifax. Magnagora is growing sure, but not nearly as many combatants or people wanting to partake in conflict to even challenge these.

In fact, the only time these three get to shine is through villages, aetherflares, publications, and stage productions. Point of the rant, please do not increase any rewards for purely combative conflict, as even that is dying. I don't know about other people, but I can hardly call what is done PvP or PK anymore, at least no where near what it once was. Lusternia started as -the- conflict IRE game and offered a wide variety of different types so that you could choose how you represented your chosen group. Most of that stuff is gone and we're left with the things you can see in the POLITICS command, and Domoths.
  • We've adjusted how publications count.  They will now add their 'weight' value in points at the time of publication (winning literary/scholarly won't add more points). 

This means one book of 50 weight or 50 books of 1 weight will max it out for the year.

Additionally, the prestige awards are only every other IC year. 

I'm really not sure why it's an issue though, there is nothing stopping orgs from winning both villages/flares/nodes and participating in library/theater/ikon systems to take advantage of both sides. 

• Because people don't want to write, that takes effort!