Artifact Ideas

Comments

• Rolan said:

Curio bag. Put curios in the bag, and  they still count as being in your inventory, even though your don't see them when you look at your inventory. Magic item curios can still be rubbed for the enchantment, you still get the benefit of your travel curios and your selected damage enhancement and damage resistance curio. When you have a ton of curios, they really clutter up the inventory, and putting them in a pack removes the benefit.

You can anchor damage enhancement, absorption and travel curios in your manse and still use them. You can still use the collection teleports too. It's just any enchanted magic item curios you need on hand, so you can rub them. CURIO ANCHOR

• For Aetherships: Gnomish Compass. Attaches to the chair. Gives you the coordinates of the ship on SHIP LOOK (or when moving around).
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Shroud of the Wandering Eye: Renders the owner invisible to Farscout searches.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Morkarion said:

Shroud of the Wandering Eye: shows the owner in a random place every time they are farscouted

Fixed for lulz
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Shaddus said:

Morkarion said:

Shroud of the Wandering Eye: shows the owner in a random place every time they are farscouted

Fixed for lulz
    I wanted that as a Crow Decoy enhancement (for power usage and a % chance of course). I thought it would be quite suitable for the Trickster, but alas.
  • Portable desk. Write anywhere indoors. Maybe outdoors. Us bookbinders would love this, I have polled two other people and we want it.
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  • Alary said:
    Portable desk. Write anywhere indoors. Maybe outdoors. Us bookbinders would love this, I have polled two other people and we want it.
    Once upon a time you can write anywhere. Then it was abused.

If it gives a somewhat lengthy equilibrium balance after use, and requires you to have both balance and equilibrium, maybe I think.
  • Sounds acceptable. I'm not going to be writing mid-combat, Or mid-hunting.
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Alary said:
    Sounds acceptable. I'm not going to be writing mid-combat, Or mid-hunting.
    That is most likely the way it WAS abused. Pretty sure that's why News rooms were introduced back in the day in Achaea.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Yeah, I figured it created gta-esque scenes where griefer-x is the police and the news room is a pay 'n' spray.
    edited May 2013
    Rivius said:
    Yeah, I figured it created gta-esque scenes where griefer-x is the police and the news room is a pay 'n' spray.
    It's been used to have a safe spot to idle in while raiding Prime Glomdoring before, in a time before bookbinding when all anyone had was journals and letters.

At least one person actually had their journal taken away from them due to abuse.

"Hold on here, you can't kill me in your territory because I am writing an extraordinarily lengthy entry about my traipsing about and the denizens who have been screaming in pain as I tortured them.  It will only be a day or two, don't wait for me!"
  • That's not why I, and other's probably, want it. I want to be able to sit around the city and write. Not avoid things. The equilibrium and balance requirement and cost sounds like that will solve the problem. Also, maybe make it if you're hit aggressively, it pops you out of the editor. I get ideas in the Undervault I'd like to write in character, so I would like to be able to wander into a hive, sit in a corner with my portable desk, write my stuff and, and then continue hunting. For a non-demi, getting out of UV can be a pain.
    Going into the editor removes your body completely from the game. You cannot be hit aggressively.
  • Ooh. I thought it was just the mind. Well, I guess it could be made so that it only works in cities/communes/villages(not under revolt) That would work, maybe? I'm still not as familiar with the mechanics of the game as I want to be, so please point out flaws.
    Then you lose out on doing it in manses / Temples / etc. The current situation is that you can do it anywhere with a desk and chair, and this can be any indoor room in the game.
  • edited May 2013
    EDIT: Moved it to the Ideas thread.
  • Is there any reason why going into the editor removes your body from the world?
    Underlying Rapture code, I imagine.

Do you remember how long dreamforms were riddled with bugs because the game was not designed for people to be in multiple places at once? I sure do.

Poor Roark.
  • Caerulo said:
    Is there any reason why going into the editor removes your body from the world?
    Odds are the alternative would have other effects. What would happen if you're writing something, and you're then attacked? Do you forcibly quit the editor? Do you stay in the editor and get notified of the attack? If forcibly ejected, is what you've written so far saved, or is it discarded? All of them sound rather sub-optimal, to the point where it's probably a smaller headache to just not allow people to be attacked while in the editor.
    Dream-grief people trying to write letters.  A whole new industry would be born of chandeliers hovering above desks, and hiring guards to stand in a cluster around you so that you can desperately scribe out your news post before someone comes along and destroys all your hard work.

(Of course, this is assuming that you don't do what I do and write the thing elsewhere and just copy/paste it into the editor... I hate writing in that thing)
  • Oh yeah, I forget that not everyone does that. Bleh.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Cute Artifact Name
    An artifact that allows us to double our capacity for esteem. Stackable up to 2-4 times for a max of 4,000 units.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Siam said:
    Cute Artifact Name
    An artifact that allows us to double our capacity for esteem. Stackable up to 2-4 times for a max of 4,000 units.
    Not sure how well it'd sell, considering you can get a permanent figurine which can hold near-endless amounts of esteem for 425 credits. Not saying I'd not want to see the artifact, I just think it'd be a bit redundant.
    Assuming it was just 50cr or so I'd buy one; 1,000 esteem would be a much nicer cap than 500.

Honestly though, should just raise it to a thousand.  It has to be put onto a figurine anyways in order to do anything with it.
  • The 'vitals' GMCP thing contains your esteem count. Just trigger completing an influence to dump that esteem into your figurine (I wouldn't run a comparison to check for non-zero esteem every vitals, to avoid unnecessary computation every prompt). 

Also, it's disturbing how much stuff is apparently vital. hp, maxhp, mp, maxmp, ego, maxego, pow, maxpow(?!), reserves, endurance, maxendurance, willpower, maxwillpower, essence, aetherwill, maxaetherwill, esteem, karma, blind, deaf, prone, kafe, momentum, beastbalance, mount, equilibrium, balance, head, left_arm, right_arm, right_leg, left_leg, sub, id, super, and just for kicks another string containing some of the stuff we've already gotten.
  • That last string is for backwards compability. It provided the old format that ATCP used. Not really for kicks.

Also, it'd probably be even easier to trigger winning an influence battle to "IMBUE FIGURINE WITH ALL ESTEEM". No need to check vitals at all!
  • edited May 2013

Xenthos said:
    Assuming it was just 50cr or so I'd buy one; 1,000 esteem would be a much nicer cap than 500.

Honestly though, should just raise it to a thousand.  It has to be put onto a figurine anyways in order to do anything with it.
    I'm sure you can think of the reason it might be 500 instead of 1000, if you take a moment and extrapolate a little. ;)

(Although even considering that, it's not a big restriction!)
  • Iosai said:

Xenthos said:

I'm sure you can think of the reason it might be 500 instead of 1000, if you take a moment and extrapolate a little. ;)

(Although even considering that, it's not a big restriction!)
    Hmm. With that comment, I assume the 500 we see isn't the raw data for esteem, but rather 50.000 (which just happens to be not far from 65.535)?
  • Don't know how easy this would be to code, but a weapon rune that allowed the weapon to store two sets of stats that you could switch between would be awesome. Not only would this obviate the need for carrying both a PVP and PVE weapon, but your other weapon runes would also become effective for both. I'd like the RP of not switching to a different katana for hunting better, too. There could be a short time limit on how often you could switch the stats to prevent abuse, or alternately one could be active against other PCs, the other against mobs.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Cadfael said:
    Don't know how easy this would be to code, but a weapon rune that allowed the weapon to store two sets of stats that you could switch between would be awesome. Not only would this obviate the need for carrying both a PVP and PVE weapon, but your other weapon runes would also become effective for both. I'd like the RP of not switching to a different katana for hunting better, too. There could be a short time limit on how often you could switch the stats to prevent abuse, or alternately one could be active against other PCs, the other against mobs.
    How, exactly, would a switching weapon rune be abused again? I'm really drawing up a blank here, but either way... I don't see it happening.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.