Artifact Ideas

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Cadfael said:
    Don't know how easy this would be to code, but a weapon rune that allowed the weapon to store two sets of stats that you could switch between would be awesome. Not only would this obviate the need for carrying both a PVP and PVE weapon, but your other weapon runes would also become effective for both. I'd like the RP of not switching to a different katana for hunting better, too. There could be a short time limit on how often you could switch the stats to prevent abuse, or alternately one could be active against other PCs, the other against mobs.
    That's what pliers are intended to accomplish.
  • edited February 2014

Iasmos said:
    That's what pliers are intended to accomplish.
    Epic Fail (the pliers, not you)
    Yeah, I have a whole warrior-rune-thread on overhauling the entire concept.  I'd still love to see that in effect.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Wiki's Tome-O-Stuff: allow us to learn skills without the learning messages.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I would pay whatever amount to possess this. (makeforme?)

Ring of "There"

When worn, changes the POINT<dir> emotes so they are sprint abilities.

Purposefully extending his index finger to the north, Skye excitedly proclaims, "There!" A moment later, so he is.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited July 2013
    Really really want divinus and excoro weapon runes!
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia

Rivius said:
    Fixed. Who would honestly want excorable by choice?

Not bad for PvP.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Lavinya said:

Rivius said:
    Fixed. Who would honestly want excorable by choice?
    People who farm Lirangsha for those goddamn curios.

People who PK because Excor has less resist sources than Divinus, not to mention Excor has an innate 10% extra damage.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• edited July 2013
    These forums never work the way I want em.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Fixed. Who would honestly want excorable by choice?

Researchers. :D
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Namechange artifact for 5,000 credits.

"A man's not dead while his name is still spoken."  - Terry Pratchett 1948-2015

• KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    True Ascension is free... and gives you a 3k-credit artifact!
    Darn you True Ascension. :(
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    3-k? I thought it was 2-k? We're talking about seals, right?
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• You get 2k for trading it in, which would mean it's worth 3k.
  • Actually, I think it's something more like 1.8k.  That's what Lothringen got for trading in the War Medallion.

"A man's not dead while his name is still spoken."  - Terry Pratchett 1948-2015

Tetra said:
    Actually, I think it's something more like 1.8k.  That's what Lothringen got for trading in the War Medallion.
    No, he got 2,000.

The value is 3,000, and 2/3rds of that is 2,000.
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    If we could get a manse artifact to make a room peaceful or safe (as in no fighting, I think like sanctuary does for revolts), that would be awesome.
  • How about some ideas for whimsical artifacts?
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Rosetta Stone: Grants the bearer the ability to understand and speak all mortal languages.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Herb magnet: Randomly harvests one herb from the room you're in every 10 minutes or so. Will not harvest the last of an herb, nor will it harvest during hibernation.
  • Beehive for the manse: one of those gems, but it makes honey. Not honeycombs, still need to go to Faethorn for those. But honey. Which will then be made a comm so we can use it for cooking. Hoooooney.
    Curio bit modifier.  You put a curio bit into it, and you always get back another curio piece from the same collection (if "none," it would stay within its own type- a bubble piece would become another bubble piece, a mask piece would become another mask piece, and the original Czigany types would become another of the original types).  Limit of one conversion per weave (possibly per day).
      - Benefits: This gives another way to try to get the pieces you need.  This doesn't add any more curio pieces to the game, simply lets you try trading one you already own for one you need (and you'll still have a piece to trade with other people too if it turns into something you don't want!)
      - Alternatively, it could be 1 free conversion per weave, with a 10,000 gold charge for each additional attempt during the same weave (hello goldsink).

• Anita said:
    Beehive for the manse: one of those gems, but it makes honey. Not honeycombs, still need to go to Faethorn for those. But honey. Which will then be made a comm so we can use it for cooking. Hoooooney.
    Honey and wax!
    Little ents that can be anchored in a manse (they don't do anything otherwise).  They would wander around in the manse, maybe they could have some hardcoded passive emotes.
      - Essentially, generic "manse dwellers" that are non-sentient / non-unique.  They could add a bit of flavour, but the full-blown manse dweller exists for those who want something with real oomph, since these wouldn't have any ability to add reactions (no special messages on entry or anything else).

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Xenthos said:
    Little ents that can be anchored in a manse (they don't do anything otherwise).  They would wander around in the manse, maybe they could have some hardcoded passive emotes.
      - Essentially, generic "manse dwellers" that are non-sentient / non-unique.  They could add a bit of flavour, but the full-blown manse dweller exists for those who want something with real oomph, since these wouldn't have any ability to add reactions (no special messages on entry or anything else).

Turtles and little Water elementals! Yes
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • A Variable Hat!

Once per IC day, it changes to match the short, dropped and examined description of a randomly chosen player designed hat from any cartel in the game. Also available in Robe, Suit, Gown, Coat, Cloak, Shoes, and Fieldplate flavours.
  • Iytha said:
    A Variable Hat!

Once per IC day, it changes to match the short, dropped and examined description of a randomly chosen player designed hat from any cartel in the game. Also available in Robe, Suit, Gown, Coat, Cloak, Shoes, and Fieldplate flavours.
    Private cartels should be excluded. :(

• Iytha said:
    A Variable Hat!

As per the "can't rune armour" rule, you'd have to remove robes, fieldplate and hats from that list. Unless you want to run around without the protection, of course...