Artifact Ideas

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Newtonson's Joybuzzer - anyone who emotes towards you with the LICK, SNUGGLE, ROMP, PET or a various othe amount of emotes receives a minor electrical shock, a la Mindfield.

Collar of the Greater Dracnari Fleshtender - works like the normal beast collar, but also allows you to ADJUST COLLAR to treat the beast as though you had just fed them a zimoru.

Amulet of Moon's Caress/Night's Grasp - allows moon/night users to drawdown/night(whatever) at any time.

Mask of the devoted servant - works like the curio masks, but only if you are in an order. Changes your appearance to be like either your order's godmobs, or their invasion mob. (Yes, Shaddus wants to have a maggot or mummer mask)

Wristband of the Mentor - gives the owner the ability to LASTLOGIN their proteges, as well as their own mentor.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Newton's Signet: Allows you to enter Newton caverns again (to give you another chance at getting the gnome/fink achievements or completing the honour quests).
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited April 2013
    How about some more beast artifacts? We need beast artifacts to satisfy my beast obsession.

Collar of Boosted Regeneration: - Boosts regeneration of health, mana and ego significantly on beasts. Stacks with the regeneration abilities. Shows up on BEAST INFO as an inherent ability so you always remember and add it into your regeneration tracker.

Dying Wish Reagent:- If killed, your beast will do damage to the attacker, akin to the death domotheos blessing and set them ablaze. Counts as a reagent that when fed gives them this as an inherent ability.

Muzzle of Rabid Aggressiveness: If your pet is attacked, will attack the person as any mob in the game currently does, though doing around 400ish damage a hit or so until ordered passive or a certain time span runs out.

Keen Wolf Nose:- A weaker version of tracking's track ability. Simply lets you know if an item is in the general area, but nothing more than that.

Collar of Mortals' Best Friend:- Allows the different beast heal abilities (and maybe cure if you'd go for that) to be used on a person other than yourself.

Seeing Red Eyes:- Inherent ability. For 15 minutes per one Lusternian day, increases the damage on minor breath abilities by 20%.

Inseparable friend: (This one might not be too popular, so if people don't like it, don't bother with it. Just another idle artifact idea.) When separated from your beast while it was following, it will enter your new room on its own after a delayed number of seconds if not attacked first.

Beast Master's Fedora: Allows you to beast master learn and imbue two skills at once.

Jar of Blood: Refills once a Lusternian day. When poured on someone, has the beast attack them every 10 seconds.

Ok, out of ideas for now. Most of the names suck, I know...

Edit: Ah! New idea!

Needy Spouse Badge: Allows you to LASTLOGIN your spouse.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Viynain said:

A (lesser/greater) rune of empowered fields - attached to jewelry, increases mists/spores/leaves/fields/etc. duration by 1.5x/2x (unless demesne runes already do this).

I don't know I'd buy this, it'd have to be pretty cheap. Our flowers already last an hour flat time, for essentially no sap cost all on one eq if we spend 3p. We honestly only expend sap for the long-term defenses, in extreme amounts every 50 RL days. 
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    edited April 2013
    Zimzamoru Reagent - Resets the 'beast ate X feed type' counters that determine beast appearance so people can continue zimoru'ing to their heart's content without getting stuck in a particular type of appearance.

(haha @ Needy Spouse Badge!)
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Shaddus said:
    Mask of the devoted servant - works like the curio masks, but only if you are in an order. Changes your appearance to be like either your order's godmobs, or their invasion mob. (Yes, Shaddus wants to have a maggot or mummer mask)
    Heeeeeeeeeell yeeees.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Ssaliss said:
    Newton's Signet: Allows you to enter Newton caverns again (to give you another chance at getting the gnome/fink achievements or completing the honour quests).
    I assure you this can be done without an artifact.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Skye said:
    Ssaliss said:
    Newton's Signet: Allows you to enter Newton caverns again (to give you another chance at getting the gnome/fink achievements or completing the honour quests).
    Not if you are a TA.
  • Race-targeting items:

Does 1 second eq loss on the chosen race. (Lobo: squeaker toy. Aslaran: ball of yarn. Trill: shiny trinket. etc)

• I will generate a thousand other useless ideas once my computer is finished dying.
  • Xenthos said:
    Skye said:
    Ssaliss said:
    Not if you are a TA.
    So an artifact intended for seven potential purchasers?

That wasn't really my point though. I'm believe that more than a few demis would prefer buying something to sacrificing a lot of hard-earned second trades and weatherproofing.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Amulet of Moon's Caress/Night's Grasp - allows moon/night users to drawdown/night(whatever) at any time.

This please.
    Do you mean to get around the New moon/Full moon restriction?
    Rivius said:
    Do you mean to get around the New moon/Full moon restriction?
    Don't think so, just the nighttime bit I assume. I always thought it would be nice if you could do Drawdown and Nightkiss in rooms with moonlight/released shadows (provided Moonchilde allowed you to call moonlight without a coven, or maybe even not to offset the power cost of gathering shadows. Hmm!), but the whole drapes thing does add a little convenience.

Still, this would be cool. I'd consider buying it.

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • No, drawdown and nightkiss are both only usable at nighttime. From dawn to dusk the message is something like "You quickly scan the sky for signs of the moon, but it is nowhere to be found.". Right now to get around it, they need to go to a room with Artisan curtains and pull them shut to make it nightly (which I guess somehow makes the moon appear?).
  • I think the intent is to avoid the daytime/nighttime restrictions without having to find a manse.

My only comment/thought is that it is really class-restrictive, which means few people are going to actually want it.
    The drapes thing really never made that much sense to me either, but means to an end and whatnot.

-

• It at least makes sense for SDs. Our message is that it's too bright. :D
    Rathan said:
    No, drawdown and nightkiss are both only usable at nighttime. From dawn to dusk the message is something like "You quickly scan the sky for signs of the moon, but it is nowhere to be found.". Right now to get around it, they need to go to a room with Artisan curtains and pull them shut to make it nightly (which I guess somehow makes the moon appear?).
    There's also dark orbs in manses. However, the real thing to talk about here is that guild halls should just provide drapes. We had a young Serenguard who upkept drapes in the Moon room in the Serenguard hall and it served everyone quite well. I wouldn't buy this.
  • Rivius said:
    Rathan said:
    No, drawdown and nightkiss are both only usable at nighttime. From dawn to dusk the message is something like "You quickly scan the sky for signs of the moon, but it is nowhere to be found.". Right now to get around it, they need to go to a room with Artisan curtains and pull them shut to make it nightly (which I guess somehow makes the moon appear?).
    There's also dark orbs in manses. However, the real thing to talk about here is that guild halls should just provide drapes. We had a young Serenguard who upkept drapes in the Moon room in the Serenguard hall and it served everyone quite well. I wouldn't buy this.
    Of course I learn about drapes after buying my very own darkness orb for easy nightkissing!
  • Nann's Buzzkiller Brew: Can be drank once per month to instantly bring someone to full sobriety.
    Beloch's Fortifying Flask: One use item, instantly maxes out the drinker's tolerance stat.
    Ouroboran Pepper: One use item. Applied to a piece of food, makes the food an artifact and instantly returns it to the owner's inventory on consumption.
    Shard of the Immanidivinus Rift: Once per month, can be used at a shrine to disrupt all powers coming from that shrine, and prevent that shrine from becoming activated. Lasts one Lusternian day.
    Tosha White Belt: You may learn Kata up to Master level, regardless of guild.
    Squire's Belt: You may learn Knighthood up to Master level, regardless of guild.
    Fiddler's Belt: You may learn Music up to Master level, regardless of guild.

----

Someone's probably gonna swear out loud at those last three.
  • Well... what would be the purpose of those last three? Could I as an SD learn Kata if I got the white belt? Which skill would it replace? It just seems an odd thing that I honestly see no use of whatsoever.
  • In addition to. Not instead of. Possibly allow the selection of related tradeskills, as well. Tattooist Guardians and stuff.

...yeah, we'll see Ackleberry before any of this hits the game.

• Thul said:
    In addition to. Not instead of. Possibly allow the selection of related tradeskills, as well. Tattooist Guardians and stuff.

...yeah, we'll see Ackleberry before any of this hits the game.

So I'd be able to pick up Kata to get Tattooarmour? That'd be kinda nice.

Also: Pfifth.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Tattooed guardians? They'd just take Masterplate with Knight skills.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Tattoo armor (especially tattoomaster armor)  is better than masterplate, especially when you take into account diminishing returns on armour.
  • ... What? Tattoo armour is 84/84. Masterplate is 100/100. Diminishing or no diminishing, tattoo armour is not "better" than masterplate.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Nihta said:
    Rivius said:
    Rathan said:
    Of course I learn about drapes after buying my very own darkness orb for easy nightkissing!
    Tell us more about this nightkissing behind the drapes. ;)
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Mother Night adores Her secrecy; where else would you expect it to be done?