QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited February 2015
    I was more concerned about the fact that Marcella actually said taint made inbreeding not only ok, but better.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • It's true in lore and in IG.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Yeah is there any evidence that inbreeding causes genetic defects or anything in Lusternia? Why wouldn't it be okay? Lusternian genetics obviously don't work like real life.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Paavik's village quest is about the total shame of the krokani family over incest and the murder of many of their family over someone screwing their sister.

And yet a lot of viscanti lore is about....how incest makes them better, so.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited February 2015
    Marcella said:

Paavik's village quest is about the total shame of the krokani family over incest and the murder of many of their family over someone screwing their sister.

Just sounds like a social hangup to me.  :-\"
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    I think we have to assume that the incest taboo is more or less universal in Lusternia simply because close relatives can't marry each other.

On genetics, I like to think that they more or less apply to everything that hasn't been through the Portal, because that makes science writing way easier. Inbreeding such that the offspring have more taint in them (because who knows how the taint meshes with genetics, really?) might work out to a net gain, though.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Marcella said:

It's true in lore and in IG.

I'd like to know where this shows up.
  • Kalnid said:

Marcella said:

It's true in lore and in IG.

I'd like to know where this shows up.
    All lore, viscanti or not, that I have seen so far makes of incest and inbreeding something to avoid. She  made this up, if you ask me.
    Maybe it's an orc thing.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    I liked it for the Gollum picture.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I know there was always an ooc joke about inbreeding, relating to Thalkros creeping on his female relatives. Maybe she just fell for Daddy's pick-up line?

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    IT IS NOW, GETIN.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    edited February 2015
    (The Crux): Haidee (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "What is the sparkle herb right now?"
    (The Crux): Shuyin (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "Nothing. Eat actual sparkleberry, you peasant."
    (The Crux): Shuyin (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "It is delicious and full of nutrients."

edit:

Neos of the Aquamancers say, "R.E.S.P.E.C.T. find out what it means to me!"
    No context required.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Chairman Maellio Onz'Verheu, Shaper of Systems (Male Bureaucratic Demigod).
    He is 296 years old, having been born on the 15th of Dioni, 109 years after the Coming of Estarra.
    He is ranked 122nd in Lusternia.
    He is an extremely credible character.
    He is the Emperor of the Grand Empire of Hallifax.

Someone needs a new title.
  • Siam said:

(The Crux): Haidee (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "What is the sparkle herb right now?"
    (The Crux): Shuyin (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "Nothing. Eat actual sparkleberry, you peasant."
    (The Crux): Shuyin (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "It is delicious and full of nutrients."

edit:

Neos of the Aquamancers say, "R.E.S.P.E.C.T. find out what it means to me!"
    No context required.

The most urgent part of the Overhaul, please fix @Saesh @Ieptix

• Marcella said:

Chairman Maellio Onz'Verheu, Shaper of Systems (Male Bureaucratic Demigod).
    He is 296 years old, having been born on the 15th of Dioni, 109 years after the Coming of Estarra.
    He is ranked 122nd in Lusternia.
    He is an extremely credible character.
    He is the Emperor of the Grand Empire of Hallifax.

Someone needs a new title.
    How about 'Darth'?
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited February 2015
    mfw I realise that whenever I read HELP VISCANTI I read 'through years of interbreeding' as 'through years of inbreeding'

You...aren't the only one. Erp.

Also this is a thing:

probe coin
    Golden sovereigns are heaped high in this large pile of wealth.
    It is strangely weightless.
    It has the following aliases: gold, sovereigns, coin, coins, money, cash, sovereign.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • I apologize. This is not classy. But it's funny.

(Crazy 88s): You say, "POUR SOME HONEY ON ME, OOH IN THE NAME OF TAE."
    Her storm-coloured eyes a muted blue, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "Only sorrow can come from a rotting thought, My child, just like roots that have been drowned. You are a paragon of the wisdom I would see spread throughout the Serenwilde, but even the strongest minds must find release."
    -
    A shimmering liquid appears in your inventory smelling sweetly of something carbonated. It vanishes in a puff of silver smoke seconds later.
    -
    I write things
    Vadi tells you, "Hey! You should destroy the entire world."

The truth is revealed!
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    Arien said:

I apologize. This is not classy. But it's funny.

(Crazy 88s): You say, "POUR SOME HONEY ON ME, OOH IN THE NAME OF TAE."

That's hot. Sticky sweet from your head to your feet, yeah.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Oooo... come on, fire me up.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    Glevich's life is drowned out and stifled by the fierce force of the maelstrom.
    Glevich has been slain by Neos.
    Glevich drops a piece of black earwort.
    Glevich drops a stalk of faeleaf.
    Glevich drops a group of 2 sparkleberries.
    Having been too much for the mortal threads of Glevich, he screams in agony as flames engulf his
    body and burn it to a crisp.
    Kreon's deadly, poisonous blood splashes across Neos, who recoils as his skin hisses and melts.
    Dark lightning crackles through the water, which boils your flesh, and the pressure in the water
    increases to the point where your bones snap. Your cries of pain cannot be heard above the howling
    winds.
    Shuyin's life is drowned out and stifled by the fierce force of the maelstrom.
    Shuyin has been slain by Neos.
    Shuyin has been slaughtered by the awesome might of Keeper of the Word, Neos Eli'Silar, Aquamantic
    Egomaniac.
    Shuyin drops a stalk of faeleaf.
    A homunculus resembling a deformed faeling gasps suddenly and then falls to the ground, shrieking,
    screaming and writhing as his body begins to expand, his arms, legs and torso growing, thickening,
    his facial structure readjusting, reforming. A homunculus resembling a deformed faeling suddenly
    ceases movement for a moment before standing, having transformed into Shuyin.
    Taevyn's deadly, poisonous blood splashes across Neos, who recoils as his skin hisses and melts.
    Vivet's image blurs, and she briefly appears to be Feyda, who takes the damage that was meant for
    Vivet.
    Feyda has been slain by Vivet.
    Feyda has left the area.
    Bandeon swoons for a moment then rises again, flushed but strong.
    A soft light momentarily surrounds Tylash.
    Eliron's deadly, poisonous blood splashes across Neos, who recoils as his skin hisses and melts.
    Enadonella's deadly, poisonous blood splashes across Neos, who recoils as his skin hisses and melts.
    Athree's life is drowned out and stifled by the fierce force of the maelstrom.
    Athree has been slain by Neos.
    Athree drops a horehound blossom.
    Having been too much for the mortal threads of Athree, he screams in agony as flames engulf his body
    and burn it to a crisp.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    Nice. Is that your first time killing people?
    Shaddus said:

Nice. Is that your first time killing people?

During Ascension, kinda-sorta, maybe.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"