QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    edited March 2016
    Stop being Seren scum. Kidding :) Not sure if I'm going to release this one or not.
  • "An amaranth origami made of golden hooks sticks out a long tongue and licks you where the sun don't shine."

Who writes these..?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Nobody wrote that, actually. The game selected a random item and plugged it into the generic message.
  • edited March 2016
    They're getting worse; I might stay off Astral from now on:

"Clotho the Spinner tells you, "Do you want your mother?""

No, Clotho. No, I don't :|

So... You see Celina?
  • @tarkenton I'm really impressed by that GUI. 
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
  • Is that mop secretly a Gaudiguchian mystic?
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Colorblind doesn't mean everything is grey (unless you are severely colorblind)! We're not dogs.  :-w

It means we don't see nuances between similar colors and they just blur together. For me it's the green/blue/purple side of the spectrum. 

example: Medium turquoise, dark turquoise, and aquamarine all look identical, but it doesn't look grey. 
    You're a porcupine, Cyndaquil.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• @CyndarinAscends i don't get it, if you're all rainbow, why can you only see half of it? :P
    Siam said:
    Colorblind doesn't mean everything is grey (unless you are severely colorblind)! We're not dogs.  :-w

It means we don't see nuances between similar colors and they just blur together. For me it's the green/blue/purple side of the spectrum. 

example: Medium turquoise, dark turquoise, and aquamarine all look identical, but it doesn't look grey. 
    You're a porcupine, Cyndaquil.

is dead like the dodo
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice

(The Shadow Court): Kregarn says, "Talan, I'll consummate with you."

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Narynth said:
    (The Shadow Kindred): @Crek says, "Oh. I thought you were talking about @Kaimanahi for a 
    minute there."

(The Shadow Kindred): @Ulalah says, "Oh, no."

(The Shadow Kindred): Ulalah says, "She's ugly-hat-lady."

FWIW, I am known as ugly-dress-fakeCL. I'll trade my dress for your hat!
    Wat? Needs more context.
  • A gaudy, gilded frame decorated with golden cherubs and angelic trumpters shines brightly around this painting, a brass nameplate 
    noting that it depicts New Celest's Sealbearers for the 10th Trial of Ascension after the Coming of Estarra. The canvas within the 
    frame is completely blank, not so much as a speck of paint marking the dun fabric.
    It has 253 months of usefulness left.
    It weighs about 37 pounds.
    It bears the distinctive mark of Khidan Thul d'Illici, Apprentice of the Way.
    It has the following aliases: painting.
  • Flying above below the Southern Mountains.
    A soothing darkness and the scent of Wyrden foliage suffuse the area, indicating a healing shrine of Nocht nearby.
    You see exits leading northeast, northwest, and up.
    Health 100%, Mana 99%, Ego 107%, 10p Reserves: 51 exdbk - Target: nil Experience (6.13) Esteem at (0) (-1m, 0.0%) 
    Gwenelle said:
    Flying above below the Southern Mountains.
    A soothing darkness and the scent of Wyrden foliage suffuse the area, indicating a healing shrine of Nocht nearby.
    You see exits leading northeast, northwest, and up.
    Health 100%, Mana 99%, Ego 107%, 10p Reserves: 51 exdbk - Target: nil Experience (6.13) Esteem at (0) (-1m, 0.0%) 

Why is this a quote? I do not get it; the only possible thing I can see is the 107% ego, but that just means your max dropped. It happens all the time to people who use h/m/e buffs.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Flying above below the southern mountains

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Synkarin said:

Still don't really get it, I guess. You're above the area that is leading up towards the southern mountains, but you're still not far enough up to be on the mountains themselves. Oh well, I suppose I do not have to get every quote!
  • Well, clearly an attack on Nil is imminent based on her target
  • Xenthos said:
    Synkarin said:

Still don't really get it, I guess. You're above the area that is leading up towards the southern mountains, but you're still not far enough up to be on the mountains themselves. Oh well, I suppose I do not have to get every quote!
    it's a joke, she's "above/below".
    We know why it says that.
     It just reads funny.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

Tylwyth said:
    Xenthos said:
    Synkarin said:

it's a joke, she's "above/below".
    We know why it says that.
     It just reads funny.

The problem I am having is that because "below the mountain" actually has a real meaning (either literally under it OR "at its feet", which given the shape of a mountain ends up more beside it instead), I am having trouble trying to find any way to make it " read funny". My brain is insisting on parsing it, and it does actually make sense as a location. Oh well.
    Til Xenthos truly is an AI. Not Tay levels, but give it time.
    It took Tay less than 24 hours to become a racist, profanity spewing chatbot. I like to think I am past that particular pitfall-- have been around quite a while, after all!
  • I have it on good authority that Xenthos is racist against innocent, horrifying, nightmarish, hybrid monstrosities with empty soulless eyes and grasping arms and adorable but menacing smiles. Hmph.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
    It attempted to be menacing. Xenthos hit it and it scurried away rapidly. That is not racist! Now, he is racist against Kepherans... he likes to see them squished. However, like me, he also does not spew profanity!
  • Ieptix said:
    I have it on good authority that Xenthos is racist against innocent, horrifying, nightmarish, hybrid monstrosities with empty soulless eyes and grasping arms and adorable but menacing smiles. Hmph.

• Xenthos said:
    It attempted to be menacing. Xenthos hit it and it scurried away rapidly. That is not racist! Now, he is racist against Kepherans... he likes to see them squished. However, like me, he also does not spew profanity!
    Are you going to build a wall and make the undervault pay for it?
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I'm just miffed you have an entire Ministry of Marital Affairs and Luce's still single :(