QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    You tell High Exemplar Shedrin Shevat, "Your city is always empty."

Shedrin tells you, "Define empty."

You tell High Exemplar Shedrin Shevat, "Without anyone walking its streets."

You tell High Exemplar Shedrin Shevat, "I could run skyclad through Hallifax 
    right now and nobody would know."

[... not long after ...]

The tang of ozone fills the air as Shedrin, riding a great black hippogriff with
    black wings, enters from the ether, wreathed in crackling bolts of lightning.

Shedrin's crystalline form shifts to a cool sky-blue colour as he looks about.

High Exemplar Shedrin Shevat says, "Not skyclad."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    The frosty air saps the warmth from your flesh.
    Glimpsing into the future, you know to avoid freeze.

Haxx
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • How to avoid freeze is a very useful skill to have.
  • (House Ves'ril): Daedalion says, "What if they're both the same sex? Did you check?"
    (House Ves'ril): Daedalion says, "Uhg.. mis."
    Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 96.
    You have reached the illustrious level of Master of Lusternia.

Slowly but surely :/
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    I probably shouldn't post self-quotes, but I thought it was funny.

(Hallifax): Tilli (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "I don't like punching these gnome children. 
    They are too adorable."

(Hallifax): You say, "There is a sword in your pack with which to slay them."
    (The Canvas): Volucer says, "I am the fishthirstiest."
  • You attach a Great Rune of the Tobacconist to the pipe.

Glorious rays of morning light burst forth from Father Sun's crown as it peeks over the world's edge,
     announcing a bright and shining new dawn.

Castiel suddenly falls into view from the sky above you with a terrified scream, plummeting head
    first into the ground with a sickening crunch.

The Mantle of Starlight shimmers and twinkles as the starlit darkness that it is formed of continues
    its eternal motion.

Castiel leaves to the up.

You purse your lips pensively, gazing off into the distance as you carefully gather your thoughts.

"A man's not dead while his name is still spoken."  - Terry Pratchett 1948-2015

I need one of those.
  • I attempted to karma curse Tetra, only to miss by THREE DAYS! BAH!
    is dead like the dodo
  • [7:53:10 PM] Kelly: I WANT A HUNK OF MEAT D:
    Aelia tells you, "Hey! A palm sigil hates a palm sigil."

Emo sigil is emo?
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Looks like that was EM SHOW instead of EMSHOW. Hate when that happens.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • on my alt for testing the new opening:
    first 5 credits you get, I bought a curio and got a coin

Your coin vanishes in a puff of multicoloured smoke.

Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 8.

Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 9.

Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 10.

Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 11.

Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 12.

Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 13.

Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 14.

Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 15.

Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 16.

Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 17.

Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 18.

Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 19.

Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 20.

Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 21.

Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 22.

Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 23.

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Nelras said:
    on my alt for testing the new opening:
    first 5 credits you get, I bought a curio and got a coin

Your coin vanishes in a puff of multicoloured smoke.

Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 8.

Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 9.

Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 10.

Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 11.

Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 12.

Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 13.

Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 14.

Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 15.

Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 16.

Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 17.

Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 18.

Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 19.

Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 20.

Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 21.

Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 22.

Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 23.

Can we still argue that being a newbie isn't way too easy?
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    I don't even think that's a good thing. You can get people thrown out of Newton prematurely that way and completely ruin a great part of their early game experience.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Not like advancing through those levels is difficult doing it the normal way.
  • It's not difficult, no, but being insta-advanced to 23 means you'll have that much less time to do the Newton-quests, and those are great as introductions to how quests work in the rest of the world.
  • Most true newbies aren't going to be buying curios and spinning the wheel.
  • Most true newbies aren't going to be buying curios and spinning the wheel.
    Not true - when you register and put your date of birth down, they send you a present on your birthday. Has coins in, I believe!
  • edited August 2013
    On your birthday, yes. But there's still a rather low chance of that happening before you get to explore Newton. It's not something that most true newbies will deal with.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Unless you say that today is your birthday when you register. Some people do that.

I personally just usually pick January 1st, though.
  • Xenthos said:
    Unless you say that today is your birthday when you register. Some people do that. I personally just usually pick January 1st, though.
    Wait, why pick that day specifically.

Is it so that every new year you go on a massive cupon and promotion binge to wave off the inevitable hangover?

That's a damn fine idea.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Because it is generally easiest to select January 1st, and I like being consistent.

Some places I have done February 1st, and occasionally the real date, but I don't really think that most of these sites that want my birth date really need it.

Also, the "inevitable hangover" does not exist for me. ;)
  • Xenthos said:

but I don't really think that most of these sites that want my birth date really need it.

A statement that is both true and could probably be refined to "want my information". But still, I like the idea of picking a non-birthday date.

• You allow an infinitesimally small mote of cosmic fire to manifest and direct it at a gnome woman.
    Cosmic fire blasts forth, dissolving her flesh in a sparkling current of energy.
    You have scored a CRITICAL hit!
    Screaming and writhing in agony, a gnome woman dies in the coruscating fountain of cosmic fire.
    You have slain a gnome woman.
    You suddenly scoop up the corpse of a gnome woman.
  • edited August 2013
    While bribing newbies into converting, Tridemon and I bring out the kitten curios...

Shadowbound Kyrhidwen leans in towards Anaraugh and whispers, "Eff sodding about trying to find crow shadows... they have kittens!"

<3@Kyrhidwen and @Anarugh. This is delightful even if it never goes anywhere.