QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    19) Cadfael: "The sort of stigma that come along with having an inch long third 
    nipple can be difficult to deal with."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Haha!
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Death really should reset that; I mean how convincing can you be to someone if you just got your neck converted into a gushing fountain right infront of them? :(

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

Tacita said:
    Really convincing if you lived on to continue speaking!
    Touche, I suppose the whole rising from the dead thing has it's merits.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Morkarion said:
    Death really should reset that; I mean how convincing can you be to someone if you just got your neck converted into a gushing fountain right infront of them? :(
    He was impressed with her focus and dedication to her cause, even going so far as to completely the savage barbarian hacking at her and even ignoring death itself in service to the Collective.
    Death should also stop nightsweats, poison, and shadow whatsit. Just saying.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Yeah I noticed that. Was wondering why the hell they hit after death, I expected it to be a complete reset of life and not "Oh hey you're back, take this damage, that bleed and that affliction."

Vitae's already got enough drawbacks as is without instantly taking all the crap from the previous hit.

• Morkarion said:
    Yeah I noticed that. Was wondering why the hell they hit after death, I expected it to be a complete reset of life and not "Oh hey you're back, take this damage, that bleed and that affliction."

Vitae's already got enough drawbacks as is without instantly taking all the crap from the previous hit.
    I think it's due to the mechanics of warrior attacks. The affliction goes through, then the damage (and effects based on that), then the poisons. So the behead went in, vitae triggered on that, then the other stuff went in.

A bit weird, but whatever.
  • ?

I was under the impression that warrior afflictions are always given after the wound/damage. That's how the devastating first-assault-tendons were possible. Get a katana pimped out enough, and your first assault would hit the target with enough wounds that you had the chance to tendon him.

• Lerad said:
    ?

I was under the impression that warrior afflictions are always given after the wound/damage. That's how the devastating first-assault-tendons were possible. Get a katana pimped out enough, and your first assault would hit the target with enough wounds that you had the chance to tendon him.
    I think it's wounds -> affliction -> damage -> poison. I'm assuming damage after affliction based on the shadow/nightsweats in the quote.
  • Well, that makes more sense, but hrm, not sure if that's entirely correct either. If that's the case, it will mean that a monk action that gives prones (like the kata pinchnerve) will add the prone damage modifier to the hit that proc'd the paralysis. I can't remember if I ever noticed that. Well, if it's true, I'll probably want to look into doing some re-optimization of my aff combos again. >.>

edited July 2013
    Shimmering cosmic energies wash across the sky, weaving into a tiny slit that 
    soon grows into an extending rift. As it grows, sickly yellow energies lace 
    through the weave, causing it to tremble.

Arcs of icy white energy blaze across the firmament as Zvoltz, the Architect 
    shouts, "Go then and have done with it."

Frowning sternly, Eventru regards Zvoltz silently, at length offering a curt 
    nod. Radiant light pours from the air about Him, momentarily stabilising the 
    rift and keeping the foul energies at bay as He passes through, and then 
    disappears from sight altogether.

Uttering a sharp command, the Architect pulls His hand away. In an instant, the 
    rift unravels as tendrils of golden energy dissipate into the sky. His face 
    expressionless, Zvoltz turns away, ascending into the Havens once more.

With a convulsive shudder, the sky above the desert contracts as razor-edged 
    ribbons of energy burn across the sky.

Arcs of icy white energy blaze across the firmament as Zvoltz, the Architect 
    shouts, "It was foolish to ignore My warning. Farewell, Eventru."

[THE HOLY GRAND DUCHY OF NEW CELEST]
                     Grand Duchess: Sidonie
                     Divine Patron: (nobody)

--------

• Morkarion said:
    I think you're forgetting that village influencing is org based and not individual based. I can get that your gut would tell you it should reset, but really it shouldn't.
  • Sadly, the vitae thing works on other silly stuff too... for example, don't even get vitae'd linking on astral and not realise it.... >.>
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    It's not even org based.You can influence someone so that they're JUST ABOUT to decide that Org x is the very best place to be.... and someone from Org y, a totally different, opposed org, can pop in and get the last hit. Suddenly, the mob who was about to pick org x, because of their efforts to convince that villager totally changes their mind and decides at the last second that org y is best.
    Enyalida said:
    It's not even org based.You can influence someone so that they're JUST ABOUT to decide that Org x is the very best place to be.... and someone from Org y, a totally different, opposed org, can pop in and get the last hit. Suddenly, the mob who was about to pick org x, because of their efforts to convince that villager totally changes their mind and decides at the last second that org y is best.
    Except that Org Y has to divert first, which means that the mob's ego is restored heavily.

• Moondrop Zouviqil Myeras, the High Wisdom's Apprentice says, "And suddenly, all the Tae'dae vanished."

Zouviqil sniffles softly.

Glimmer of Moondust, Lohael says to Zouviqil, "That's why I came here, so you could bask in my beauty and not be so sad."

Lohael winks conspiratorially at Zouviqil.

Moondrop Zouviqil Myeras, the High Wisdom's Apprentice says to Lohael, "Don't look now, but your vanity is showing."

You blink.

You hide a grin behind your hand.

Avurekhos scratches his head in confusion.

Lohael shrugs helplessly.

Glimmer of Moondust, Lohael says, "Sorry then."

Lohael waves goodbye.

Lohael leaves to the north.

Moondrop Zouviqil Myeras, the High Wisdom's Apprentice asks, "... too harsh?"
    Avurekhos says, "I rather not have trojans in my 
    stomach."
    3470h, 4620m, 5100e, 10p, 15200en, 21200w Bexkd-qw
    Terentia, Kio, Kiradawea, Meliana, Naralis, Neos, Prav, Ssaliss, Akku, Anita, Areka, Armaros, Ashlee,
    Athree, Chiyo, Damion, Fuyu, Gabriella, Gertrude, Golas, Jorah, Kendus, Kreaton, Maldred, Marlowe, 
    Mistaxe, Pectus, Quimaly, Regnaso, Reyl, Skye, Taibur, Tirah, Ulvotheer, Varnard.
    (*) Currently, there are 35 Lusternians on this Plane and 56 on other Planes.
    (m&m): Have new names (Terentia, Kendus, Akku) - going to check them.
    3470h, 4620m, 5100e, 10p, 15200en, 21200w Bexkd-
    (m&m): Terentia doesn't exist anymore, deleted them.

Sorry, I thought I'd throw this out there. I thought it was funny but messed up.
  • edited July 2013
    (Assassins): You say, "Eenie meenie minie moe. Sloitune."
    (Assassins): You say, "Or none."
    (Assassins): Rymthi says, "Well, based on what we have, we really ought to choose someone based on the absurdity of 
    their name, so Sloi--ha."
    (Assassins): You say, "Haha."
    (Assassins): You say, "Excellent thinking!"

Thul says, "So? You're Morkarion. Tank them all and laugh."

• (Clan): Morkarion says, "Nocht just popped the mouth open and it went "Welcome to Nochtdonalds, how many I take your order?""
    --------
    "You are so much bigger than you think you are," She says, fervently. "You are a beacon of hope that shines through the world with every step you take. You are My beacon, Gabriella, and you shine even into the darkest of nightmares."
    --------
    The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "You will see growth and strength where others will see weakness. You will walk with Us as a paragon of Serenwilde's power, for you have already walked this path before."