QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• Eodh said:
    Not new, but it certainly piqued my interest. Reading events news posts about Glomdoring, I stumbled into post 42:

As the creature rose up into the air, it spread its enormous dark wings, revealing the Great Spirits of Crow and Mother Night and the two goddesses, each now with their own body, entwined nakedly around each other. The Great Spirits of Glomdoring took the skies to flank the great creature, while a weeping Isune fled to the Havens, crying for forgiveness. Meanwhile, the soft laughter of the newly restored Viravain resonated through the air as she mounted the great beast.

I see.
    ... :(
  • Isune said:

Eodh said:

Not new, but it certainly piqued my interest. Reading events news posts about Glomdoring, I stumbled into post 42:

As the creature rose up into the air, it spread its enormous dark wings, revealing the Great Spirits of Crow and Mother Night and the two goddesses, each now with their own body, entwined nakedly around each other. The Great Spirits of Glomdoring took the skies to flank the great creature, while a weeping Isune fled to the Havens, crying for forgiveness. Meanwhile, the soft laughter of the newly restored Viravain resonated through the air as she mounted the great beast.

I see.

Welp, @eodh. Ya done made miss Isune cry.

Time to log on and kill you dead.

Again ;)

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Looks like it's time for me to design a new tapestry.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Isune said:
    All the loves for the Isune! Also... rather disappointed I wasn't there to actually see that... ahem, anyway.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Elanorwen said:
    Isune said:
    All the loves for the Isune! Also... rather disappointed I wasn't there to actually see that... ahem, anyway.
    I was... this makes me feel astoundingly old... 

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• Huh, the 5 posts after that quote are all about Isune's crying. I would have thought there were more pressing things to discus... like the hawt Viravain x Isune shipping... or a naked Goddess mounting the Wyrdling...

• Nah. That sh*t's wyrd.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Isune said:

Eodh said:

I see.
    There's always room for you in Glomdoring's Pantheon!

(You can totally be in two Pantheons, right?)

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• No, she's ours! We have a statue of her in Mag and everything!
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    But we have her offspring in Glom...

Offspring > Statue
  • We have her Order.  ;))
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Hands off our Aesthete.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Mine.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Kiradawea said:
    We have her Order.  ;))
    We have Her totally-not-obvious girl crush here.

Isune should spread Her pantheon, she could have Her Order in two orgs with none of the affinity loss!

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Morkarion said:

Huh?

Either way, not going to happen. Do you have any idea how hard it is to get Wyrd out of ethereal fabric spun from actual clouds? That stuff gets everywhere. Nothx.
    - On behalf of Isune's handmaidens.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
    Talan said:

Morkarion said:

Huh?

Either way, not going to happen. Do you have any idea how hard it is to get Wyrd out of ethereal fabric spun from actual clouds? That stuff gets everywhere. Nothx.
    - On behalf of Isune's handmaidens.
    Psht, it's an enhancing feature, Wyrd makes everything better.

• I think this is the part I tell everyone to stop derailing Quotes?
    edited October 2013
    2013/10/30 13:17:30 - A war shrine of Shikari has been destroyed by a sudden flux of anomalous energies at surrounded by petrified trees.
    2013/10/30 13:17:30 - A war shrine of Shikari has been destroyed by a sudden flux of anomalous energies at approaching the tower of gum.
    2013/10/30 13:17:30 - A war shrine of Shikari has been destroyed by a sudden flux of anomalous energies at an alcove of glass.
    2013/10/30 13:17:30 - A war shrine of Shikari has been destroyed by a sudden flux of anomalous energies at an ebon sting smashing through a chitinous 
    heart.
    2013/10/30 13:17:30 - A war shrine of Shikari has been destroyed by a sudden flux of anomalous energies at upon a shadowed riverbank.
    2013/10/30 13:17:30 - A war shrine of Shikari has been destroyed by a sudden flux of anomalous energies at within a black swamp.
    2013/10/30 13:17:30 - A war shrine of Shikari has been destroyed by a sudden flux of anomalous energies at a vast expanse of glistening white ice.
    2013/10/30 13:17:30 - A war shrine of Shikari has been destroyed by a sudden flux of anomalous energies at near the village square.
    2013/10/30 13:17:30 - A war shrine of Shikari has been destroyed by a sudden flux of anomalous energies at within a small glen.
    2013/10/30 13:17:30 - A war shrine of Shikari has been destroyed by a sudden flux of anomalous energies at a rush of salty air.
    2013/10/30 13:17:30 - A war shrine of Shikari has been destroyed by a sudden flux of anomalous energies at Mucklemarsh Crossing.

Thank god I don't have to worry about maintaining those anymore \o/

On the funny side, had I been online when it happened, it turns out I'd get every defile message from every room of every shrine at once. Psure that'd blow up Mudlet :D

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    There was no defile spam while online, just the destroyed shrine message as above. Otherwise there would have been spam induced tears.

Oh wait, that was from another shrine someone defiled :mutter:

• I nommed your shrine during Justice earlier. Damn waste of esteem. Used 50k of my personal today. :|
    Caerlyr said:
    I nommed your shrine during Justice earlier. Damn waste of esteem. Used 50k of my personal today. :|
    Poor innocent healing shrine, What threat was it to you? D:

• probe chocolate
    Exquisitely fashioned to resemble a life-size gallbladder, the chocolate confection consists of a soft, ovoid shell of milk chocolate enclosing an interior of runny caramel that has been dyed bile green. The candy bile exudes a sugary scent, running out from the open duct on one end of the gallbladder at any touch of its chocolate sac. Small chunks of hard, dark chocolate float about inside the sac as gallstones, barely visible from the opening of the bile duct.

Somebody had a lot of fun designing these, I think.
  • (Gaudiguch): Eritheyl says, "No no, I will not turn my bowels into an elemental rift, even for you."

You do not need context.
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  • Everiine said:
    A centaur hunter turns his attention to Everiine. "Surely, you understand, aye, Centaur Brother?"

^To whomever this was, THANK YOU. Everiine hasn't worn that title in decades, so for someone to remember that he was once called that was another example of how great and awesome admin interactions are. That one sentence made my night like you wouldn't believe.
    You missed it, before you showed up, the hags and centaurs were referring to us as the Winter Court :D
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    That's cool, too!
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.