QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• Oh. The Cards Against Humanity thing?

(Which I have a copy of with all three expansions, sitting right behind me at the moment... >.< Where are you playing? :) )
  • And that I'm apparently not getting invited back to! :(
  • I do honesty feel that we need to play this game a lot more. It's great getting people together like that for nothing more than a whole bunch of laughter.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    I'm going to try and host a community game ideally during the weekends (of course anyone can do one, but that's my goal) and try to get as many people playing together as possible. There's a group of us in Glom who've been doing this for about a month now, and it's massive fun, the games this week during downtime have been really good, it's been nice to get to know people a bit outside the game (you're all terrible, terrible people.)

Anyway the game can be played here. Most of the custom decks are certainly worth avoiding, ymmv on a couple of them but in general it's best to use the official series. 20 player limit, it's advisable to set a high limit and low score threshold, so games don't go on forever.

Will warn people though, if you're going afk it's better for everyone else if you simply leave the game, timing out twice in a row will kick you from the server and restart the game from scratch.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• I still think we need to make a Lusternia-themed version. For Great Lulz.
  • I would play it
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
  • Riluna L'Eternae, Silver Flower says to you, "Though if he offers you cactus weed, remember, just say 'no'"

You have emoted: Adherent of the Mother, Parua Moonvine, Paws of the Coven nods at Riluna slowly with wide eyes.

Riluna L'Eternae, Silver Flower says to you, "Not all the cool kids are doing it."

Riluna nods her head emphatically.

Initiate Avurekhos Myeras, Aspirant of the White Hart exclaims, "I don't even use it!"
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Ennys said:

I still think we need to make a Lusternia-themed version. For Great Lulz.

I would definitely be interested in working on/helping with a lusternia themed one. Might work on a rough draft set later to get it started
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Cards Against Humanity is just an "R" rated version of Apples to Apples.

You'll probably have better luck converting an Apples to Apples set to Lusternia then CAH.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    You have formed a Warteam with the name Order of Iosai!

The Divine voice of Iosai the Anomaly echoes in your head, "I approve of this."
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • "Iosai the Anomaly frowns and says, "My poor Order."
    Asking if we can have a fourth person on our team:

An ominous anomalous voice resounds, "No. Teams are now locked. My Order is closed."
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Oh hey, that was you? Yeah, that was a particularly poor showing. I didn't realize until after the fact that one of my aliases was using the wrong match and I had no actual way to hit an amp. Not that it would've helped, but hey. Good show all the same.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    You open up a window in the cosmic fabric and search out Shuyin. Through the cosmic window, you see Shuyin at Before a pen of rotund corgis (the Aetherways).

What else are people keeping hidden away in their manses?
  • Probably better that the corgis are hidden. Too much adorable in a small area might cause catastrophically bad things to happen. Come to think, Shuyin, did you break Lusternia yesterday by unleashing corgis?
    Shuyin doesn't always break time and space. But when he does, it's because he let the dogs out.
  • The Queen will not be pleased that you have dognapped Her corgis! :(
    And so began the second war of independence...

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Who let the dogs out?
    (Who? Who? Who? Who?)

I have a friend that has a golden retreiver/corgi mix. :D
    Upgrading war and checking how long of this mind numbing, spirit crushing third phase I've got left:

\War        : Morkarion is Ascending the Throne
                   Time Left : 44 minutes
                   Morkarion's Status : 1337

It's the little things like that which brighten my day.

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    I agree. Delete stage 3!

-flee-
    If stage 3 got deleted, I think you'd see champagne corks pop out across the basin from almost all Ascendants.

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Morkarion said:
    If stage 3 got deleted, I think you'd see champagne corks pop out across the basin from almost all Ascendants.
    And Demis... for us crazy people that claim at Demi speed, which tends to be worse. :P

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • edited October 2013
    So. I'm feeling like a bit of a git, so figured I'd post this: :D

(Team): Rivius says, "Alright guys, so the goal is to slay Calesta!"

Fayrin has joined the White team as a Pawn.

(Serenwilde Elite Guard): Fayrin says, "Pawn!"

(Serenwilde Elite Guard): Rivius says, "Alright!"

A giant brown spider with a long stinger trots in with head high, butting you gently with his head.

order cuddles follow me

A giant brown spider with a long stinger obediently falls into line behind you.

(Team): Parua says, "Just tell me where to go and I'll follow orders!"

(Serenwilde): Rivius says, "Oh, Ennys and Fayrin, you want to change pieces?"

The fabric of reality vibrates as the voice of Iosai the Anomaly projects, "The event in the
    Midnight Coliseum has ended prematurely. On agreement of both teams, it shall begin again."

(Serenwilde): Fayrin says, "Sure how?"

Ennys, a White Bishop, has resigned from the Battlechess game.

(Serenwilde): Rivius says, "Battlechess resign and be a bishop."

Fayrin, a White Pawn, has resigned from the Battlechess game.

Ennys has joined the White team as a Pawn.

Tirah has been slain in the Klangratch Tournies by Crystalmancer Aerys Tarsuhl, M.TS..

A rumble shakes the Midnight Coliseum as a Battlechess game is initialized between Silvanus and
    Tridemon.
    - You can join the game with BATTLECHESS JOIN .

(Serenwilde): Rivius says, "Rejoin as bishop quickly!"

****** Time limit per turn has been set at 255 seconds *****
    Pieces erupt in a frenzy as a Battlechess game begins in the Glade of Champions.
    ****** The Battlechess game has begun, good luck! *****

(Serenwilde): Ennys says, "Uh oh."

(Team): Iasmos says, "255 seconds? Oi."

(Chesschat): Calesta says, "Hmmm."

(Team): Rivius says, "Alright, we make first move!"

A black marble pawn is moved from square E7 to square E5.
    It is now your team's turn.

(Chesschat): Calesta says, "Are you any good at chess?"

(Chesschat): [redacted] says, "Newp."

(Team): Ennys says, "Heh."

(Chesschat): [redacted] says, "I'm good at killin' and survivin', though!"

(Team): Rivius says, "Alright, Bryvon, any advice?"

(Team): Rivius says, "For a good opening move?"

(Team): Bryvon says, "E2 to e4."

(Chesschat): [redacted] says, "Just don't let caerlyr or laysus attack me, and we should be okay."

(Team): Bryvon says, "Mov your pawn against his."

A white marble pawn is moved from square E2 to square E4.

Crystalmancer Aerys Tarsuhl, M.TS. yells, "I like cheese!"

(Team): Rivius says, "Alright!"

(Team): Iasmos says, "It's funny because they don't realize we can hear them."

(Team): Rivius says, "Shhh."

(Team): Caerlyr says, "I don't think they realise th... Yeah."

(Chesschat): Calesta says, "Holy (censored) they have a lot of people."

(Team): You say, "I'm amused that he's worried about me."

(Team): Ennys says, "Haha."

(Chesschat): [redacted] says, "Yea, but most of them will fall over."

(Team): You say, "Snerk."

(Team): Caerlyr says, "Hilarious."

(Chesschat): [redacted] says, "Just depends on how well I can time my (censored)."

edit: names redacted
    Please note: I deliberately play a very flawed character. Just because he says or does something, does not mean I agree with it. He's a bit of a <censored> really
  • KioKio
    edited October 2013
    Ummmm. I would rather not be quoted without permission. :(

Also, no. Neither of us had done battlechess before.

Afterthought: It's also pretty cool that none of you spoke up and said something about Chesschat being a shared aether between the teams. You obviously figured out we didn't know. :(
  • edited February 2014

• edited October 2013
    Laysus said:
    Snip
    I felt a little dirty because of this  :-S
  • edited October 2013
    **various things.. and then*
    In the fiery depths of the volcano.There are no obvious exits.
    As the lava envelops you, it burns the flesh from your bones, and your bones to ashes.
    You have been slain by the heart of a volcano.
    Your body begins the process of transforming into a lich.
    0h, 6555m, 6210e, 10p, 23390en, 29400w elr<>-
    You are dead and cannot do that.
    0h, 6555m, 6210e, 10p, 23400en, 29400w elr<>-
    In the fiery depths of the volcano.
    Lava roils on every side, all-encompassing and lethal. Slow floes of glowing, rubescent stone make their way across fiery white liquid - the rock itself melted into a fluid, heated state. Bubbles pop on the surface, welling from deep within the very heart of the volcano. What little scent there is burns away very scent itself, and the only sound is the roar of lava and the melting of flesh. The twisted remains of Ixion lie here.\

That's not exactly what I was expecting! (not zoaka)

Apparently it had a neat deathsight. Xena tells you, "Ixion has been burnt to a crisp!"
  • edited October 2013
    Man, I thought you were joking about this!

The strange juxtaposition of an eagle's head and a lion's body, this fledgling gryphon
    prowls about with ungainly poise. His wings, barely grown, sit too large on his young body,
     causing him to tilt slightly as he walks about. Clenching and unclenching his front
    talons, he stretches on his powerful hind-legs, his white-furred tail twitching about
    restlessly. Occasionally, a slight, unconvincing growl leaves his beak. He is called
    'Mantleroom.'

Too funny!
    Isn't that Neos' gryphon? >.>