Absence Thread

Comments

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Daraius said:
    It's official, I will not have home internet access for an indeterminate amount of time after Novermber 6th! I'm sure I'll find plenty of opportunities to mooch wifi around town or after work, but I'm not likely to be online for extended periods. In the best case scenario, I'll get something set up within a couple days after the homeowner's return from the Mediterranean. In the worst case scenario, she'll decide she doesn't need internet anyway, and I'll just have to wait until I get settled in my new home in mid December.
    DIVORCE DARAIUS CONFIRM (jk)

Nearing the end of the semester so I ought to be around less too. Will likely be on the forums more than IG, which, I guess isn't really new. Back to your regularly scheduled scrolling.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • D: My great-grandparents already doing their best to avoid me.

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Hey guys, I'm gone for the weekend - it's convention time starting now and I won't be back until Sunday evening (EST).
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  •  Actual OOC rage masked as unreasonable IG demands and consequences (hello, let's mess up this quest that takes literally a day or more to finish) directed at me is really not good for my mental stability, so I will be taking a break from Lusternia again for an indefinite amount of time (hopefully short, but it would depend on how I feel after a good night's rest -- been up more than 24 hours straight now, heh heh).

In case I don't come back in time, happy holidays! Thank you very much to @Talan, @Chirbo, @Synkarin, @Malarious, and the Gaudiguch crowd for a wonderfully crazy time. 
    =((

• What part of "kill Ethilwen, crown Thoril" is unreasonable and OOC ragey? Why do you get to decide that the person on the other side of the screen is OOC raging?

Lol Eodh, take as much time as you need, you poor innocent flower

Sleep is important! In my experience everything feels much worse than it actually is when you're sleep-deprived. Hopefully you wake up in the morning and things are calmer than they seem right now.  :x
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • edited November 2015
    Maligorn said:

What part of "kill Ethilwen, crown Thoril" is unreasonable and OOC ragey? Why do you get to decide that the person on the other side of the screen is OOC raging?

Lol Eodh, take as much time as you need, you poor innocent flower
    Swear words and long, novel-like tells are a good indication, I've found. Plus demands to get kills on absolutely everyone I came in contact with. "Kill Ethilwen, crown Thoril" were not the only demands of Davos, in case he's saying that's the only thing he asked for.

EDIT: how to fix quotes? forums why

• I have some things to sort out. I'll be back by the end of this referendum. Hopefully with less of a bleak, embarrassed outlook.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Working a lot. Holiday time. Plus Fallout 4 is so addicting.

Be back when I'm back. 

• Defeated by dead laptop charger and someone forgetting to pay the internet bill on time. Might be 1-2 days before I fix everything.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Now I feel bad for being mad that Drocilla hasn't gotten back to me ICly to discuss patron things. :(
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Stuff happened, and I'm upset. The disaffectedness is making it hard to give a damn about Lusternia right now. I've been able to overcome similar before, and keep playing, but I don't feel up to it this time. So, I'm gonna take a break for a while, probably a week or two, see if I can get some fresh perspective.

If for some bizarre reason anyone needs me, I'll still be checking my messages, so I can be reached that way.

~ciao
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    edited November 2015
    I'm making this official, I've just had way too much going on to Lusternia. I love you guys, but I'm spread too thin and can't afford to burn out at work.

@eritheyl catch me on skype sometime and I'll refund the commission.
    Luce said:

I'm making this official, I've just had way too much going on to Lusternia. I love you guys, but I'm spread too thin and can't afford to burn out at work.

@eritheyl catch me on skype sometime and I'll refund the commission.

I think you meant me, but ok :(
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Guuuuuh. The people who will be living in this house after I move out aren't willing to pay for internet services at the rates we can get here (and rightly so, since they don't use it nearly as much as I do).

But that means I'm still going to be a rare presence until I'm moved in and set up at my new home in December. :-<
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Celina said:
    Working a lot. Holiday time. Plus Fallout 4 is so addicting.

Be back when I'm back. 

Totally bullshit ending on the Institute side

I felt like it was only half way done and BAM

ROLL ENDING CINEMATICS

• Surgery tomorrow. If I am back it should be by Tuesday, if not, it was fun. That said, fairly low risk surgery.
  • Steingrim said:
    Surgery tomorrow. If I am back it should be by Tuesday, if not, it was fun. That said, fairly low risk surgery.
    Oi. I thought they were joking around because of new job happiness. I hope you'll be well.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!

• Steingrim said:
    Surgery tomorrow. If I am back it should be by Tuesday, if not, it was fun. That said, fairly low risk surgery.

Please come back to Gotham Batman.

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    @Steingrim Good luck!
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Drocilla said:
    I was eventually given a refund on the charger that shorted, bought a new one, and had it flop within a day. 

Stay tuned as the battle of woman versus laptop charger continues.

Technology.  Can't live without it, can't chuck it out a 10th story window. >_>
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • My computer died last night, I go on holidays in a week and then it's Christmas. Doubt I will be back on lusty until the New Years. Hope everyone has a great holiday period!!

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

I'll be on forum Mafia but that'll be it, folks. I've got too much stuff to write, to grade, and to clean. </3
    Daraius said:
  • as an experiment, i'm not playing lusternia or reading the forums until january next year. see you then lusternia!
    is dead like the dodo
    Sylandra said:
    I'll be on forum Mafia but that'll be it, folks. I've got too much stuff to write, to grade, and to clean. </3
    Nooooo, I need to talk with you ingame :(
    Shaddus said:
    Sylandra said:

Sorry. :( I'll try to make time tomorrow evening EST!
    Daraius said:
    Sylandra said:
    Shaddus said:
    Sylandra said:

Sorry. :( I'll try to make time tomorrow evening EST!
    Okay tonight is looking rough. Tomorrow I promise to log in!
    Daraius said: