Chimaera Mafia (game thread)

Comments

• As the heat is brought down on Synkarin, she pulls out her ID card and slots it into the database. From there, she pulls out complete logs of all her actions and movements within the labs, and through that she confirms one thing for certain.

She has never been in touch with Ermine.

Many things are still uncertain, but you can with certainty know that Synkarin is not one of Ermine's mafia. This knowledge also lends some extra weight to her arguments, so for today only, Synkarin has double voteweight.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    It might be nice if someone unvoted me for a bit until @Kiradawea enacts my power just so I don't get knocked off now

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Oops, spoke too soon

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Anyway - suck it all you people that thought I was being scummy

Vote: Tarkenton

He's been pretty low-key and bandwagony, he's mighty suspicious to me

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Mmm, almost a WIFOM.

Still think you're scummy or maybe just have your own win condition.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Hmm. That's interesting. Personally, I can't see why you didn't use that before (after all, it only really benefits town, it doesn't affect scum at all), but at least we know now.

Anyway, this means that the people remaining on the "suspicious" list is Tremula, Tarkenton, Sylandra, Azureus and Siam (at least if you assume Shaddus and Ayisdra are both town). Incidentally, these are also the quietest.
  • Honestly, I can't choose between them. I'm inclined to believe that Sylandra is town for a couple of reasons, but any of the others are fine by me.

Why would I use it before? I was hoping to save it for a time when the double vote count was really absolutely needed, and now that's really been wasted

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    UNVOTE, VOTE: SSALISS
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    At work. Can't post long. Can defend myself. Before final voting me, give me the chance?
    Unvote

I'll give you a chance, sure

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Tarkenton said:
    At work. Can't post long. Can defend myself. Before final voting me, give me the chance?

We can probably do that.

Someone else want post why they think Tark is scummy besides his being quiet?
    wait, Ssaliss,  were you attacked last night?

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • So much happening in a few hours.

Well, I guess it is good to know that Sidd is not mafia, although being a third party is still likely I think.

I think Ssaliss is still going at Shaddus a bit aggressively at times. revealing things that help the mafia when you don't need to say exact details as others have pointed out.

And perhaps I forgot or missed it, but jailing yourself seems odd. Doesn't jailing also roleblock as well as protect? It shouldn't be possible to jail yourself and be protected, right?

Ayisdra said:

And perhaps I forgot or missed it, but jailing yourself seems odd. Doesn't jailing also roleblock as well as protect? It shouldn't be possible to jail yourself and be protected, right?
    I doubt the game has been thought out that indepth, really.
    Jailing yourself I'd imagine would be equivalent to looking yourself in with a key.

That all being said, I've got two abilities I can use. The first, I don't want to reveal unless it really becomes necessary. As for the second, I'm a normal investigator. I've so far verified Saran and Celina, and got chased off by the scary chimaera that turned out to be Ssaliss. I figure I'm dead now, unless I can work out something nifty with the second power, but I can guarantee that two of them are clean. Ssaliss, well, his story matches up with what he's said.
    What order did you do this in Tark?

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Ssaliss, Saran, Celina
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Unvote Synkarin

I'm in class but felt I ought to do that due to the proven innocence above! Will respond more later.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Are you sure you're the oldest chimaera, @Ssaliss?
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Based off of Tarkenton's comments (though, I think they would have been better spent investigating people who didn't claim roles already, which makes me doubt them a bit) I'm content to move in another direction for now

Vote Tremula

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Reasoning being that he's arguable contributed less than Tarkenton and has also been lurking behind everything

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • VOTE: Tarkenton

We've been moving as though we were already reasonably convinced of Celina and Ssaliss's interactions, Shaddus's suspicions of Ssaliss aside. This "defense" doesn't really contribute anything new and really only attempts to confirm our actions so far. While it does seem like an attempt to reassure and calm us down, as an argument for Tarkenton's own innocence I find it thoroughly unconvincing.

And a bit unbelievable too. Tarkenton couldn't have investigated Celina last night, because I used my power to make Celina immune to others' night powers. (Note her lack of a vision; I'd hoped the vision giver would move on to a different recipient, as suggested during the day, but even if they didn't I felt Celina was becoming a high enough profile target that the immunity would safely buy us another day whatever else happened. It wasn't without risk, but that's my evidence to back up my claim.)
    Haezon said:
     Think of Hallifax as less communism and more DMV city.
    Vote Siam

Contributed even less in my book, beyond posts once night falls which seems extremely off to me.
    Unvote

I believe Azureus

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    I just want to observe how things go during daytime, and try to see through what's being said by whom in an attempt to look for loophopes. And again, I got roleblocked last night.

@Tarkenton's defense is pretty interesting - it's the first time someone(@Azureus) refuted a roleclaim!

sooo

unvote
    vote Tarkenton
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Assuming Azureus can role block, of course. On your own heads be it.
  • Welcome to the League of Votecounts.

Ssaliss: Shaddus (1)
    Synkarin: Saran, Luce, (2)
    Tarkenton: Ssaliss, Azureus, Synkarin, Synkarin, Siam (5)
    Siam: Tarkenton (1)

With 12 around, it's 7 to lynch.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Eesh, I get sick and 100 posts later here we are! 

First: stop STOP stop following Saran's lead. Just stop. Remember the initial bandwagon Riluna and Saran started where we just had to lynch day 1 because this is mafia, and it's on a wiki, and they forums discussions? Remember how everything we suspected about this being the typical Lusternian mafia game proved to be correct aka not typical mafia at all and warranting different strategies than what she copied and pasted from some other forums? Remember how Saran personally defended Riluna, declaring multiple people who have been verfieid as not scum to absolutely be scum? 

Second: Based on the information my sick brain has processed (disclaimer), I suspect tarkenton, Enyalida, and Tremula. The power claims are heavy, and we can reasonably whittle down the suspects at this point. Or did Enya come forward and I missed it.
    Can anyone find the post that detailed everyone's confirmed/sem-confirmed roles thus far? I suck at searching :(

#bringShikariback