Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• Dat disfavour, making my curio grinding more dangerous.  :-S

• Praise them, and you shall be rewarded (Basically the same concept as the Elders)

Arc is enjoying his Truefavors ^^
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Qistrel said:
    WTB solstice finks.

Nah, all their presents stink. :x
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I kind of want to keep Frai around

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Whoever made the alt named Gail, I am irritated with you
  • Now we just play Nobody is Gail, and ignore him.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    So peeved that I get all interested in Lusternia with the awesome event stuff only to be yanked away by the real world. Whoever came up with this arc did an excellent job with what u imagine is the overall outline, and then what I'm sure is free reign given to the folks playing the gods. <3 Serane, I had so much plans to run with, but time has been my enemy.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    edited December 2015
    I vote to fusion-ha Serane with the Swampghast or Juur or Milo so we end up getting a new Glomgoddess.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    You know what sucks?

Not being able to reincarnate after being zapped, as an Ascendant.

And getting zapped for doing event-related things, meaning that neither Avurekhos nor I can do ANYTHING for 9 minutes while we reform.

Sigh.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    I'd be happier overall with the event if legs of it didn't consistently devolve into Idiots Shouting.

Also sad that eating foams is the new thing, when I tried that with the first one and it didn't work. Crrrriiiieeee.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Can this wait until my meatball sub is eaten? Thanks <3

• Eritheyl said:
    I'd be happier overall with the event if legs of it didn't consistently devolve into Idiots Shouting.
    I have to agree. The beginning of the event was pretty awesome. But lately it's kind of gotten old since everything ends in derogatory shout battles and zaps. Where's the variety, yo?

• Right now, I feel that this is the event in a nutshell. :D
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Not being able to join the fun. Where you be, revelations? :(

• So what I got is that Glomdoring really, really hates Serane, while Gaudiguch is all "Sup, Hoodsy?"

• Apparently, I did not get the honour because I was on celestial duty, rather than hitting false gods duty. Really hope it's redoable though, because that quest and area looked really interesting.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • I'm upset that I didn't get a globe. I hope this quest will be open to do in the future.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
    People who missed any god because they died due to lag, and were gated out by having to collect dream foams, did not get the line.  Heck, anyone who invested hours and hours of time and ended up being gated out by this extraordinarily frustrating and angst-inducing foam gate did not get the line.

Apparently the answer is just to do it again, but that sure leaves a really bad taste in my mouth.  You get screwed over by game mechanics, so the solution is clearly "Well, try it again and hope that next time game mechanics work in your favour."
  •  I knew I wouldn't be allowed up there (instakilled by the group fighting the gods, if not the gods themselves considering i'm a maggot) but I found dream foam for other people. Oh well, contributing is good enough. Who needs honours anyway.

On the bright side, now I owe @Hoaracle a life debt.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    What's this about a globe?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Xenthos said:
    You get screwed over by game mechanics
    Let's be fair - we were also screwed over by the people who didn't wait for us to get back.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
    Talan said:
    Xenthos said:
    You get screwed over by game mechanics
    Let's be fair - we were also screwed over by the people who didn't wait for us to get back.
    That's true-- but were they told that they had to wait for everyone or the people they left behind would be left in the cold?  Because I don't think there's any other quest in the game that works this way.
  • It'd be nice if it was like the old honours, like "They survived the horror of Cthulhu - i mean Kethuru when creation was threatened" which I *think* everyone of a certain age who was active got just for being active durnig that time. At least, that's what I was told. Maybe I'm wrong and they all did a special quest.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    That's not a fair statement

Nobody had any idea until it was over that the honours line and globe required hitting all 6 gods. We split the work (celestials vs gods) to give us the best chance to succeed especially with the lag that we hit. 

Yes, you may have got boned out of the line, but it's not because we screwed you over.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • True, the foam gating screwed many people over from joining in. So I'll just hope that they put in a less stupid way of getting into Nirvana in the future.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited December 2015
    Wait, there was a line? I never left the dreamlands, and I don't have a line or one of these supposed globes.

Edit: Ninja'd by further explanation, still bothered :<
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Well I'm glad I logged off for Dota 2. 
    Eritheyl said:
    Wait, there was a line? I never left the dreamlands, and I don't have a line or one of these supposed globes.
    He ascended the Citadel of Nirvana and brought down the False Gods.

Only got it if you managed to get the mechanics exactly right, without even knowing what they were.
This discussion has been closed.