Artifact Ideas

Comments

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I use the jewellery gloves and the cloak of shifting hues myself. Means you can't see my armor, which is a shame, but it also means that how much money I've thrown at this infernal game remains my little secret.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    But I like my pretty gown and fascinator and cloak and shoes and jewellery!

• edited January 2016
    Having something that hides all my stuff on my INV as well as LOOK would be super nice. Gramlock does half of this....

I do kinda wish all of the clothing based artifacts (boots, goggles, etc) were just runes. I would even be fine with it required those clothing types anyways (like an astral jumping rune had to go on boots, for example)
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Or that you didn't have to wear them! Like the changeling cameo - you can show it off or you can keep it secret, it still works either way.

• edited January 2016
    Xenthos said:
    Why is it limited to 100? :(
    Well YOU could also have:

Xenthos' Extra-Dimensional Pocketbelt - 600cr

POCKETBELT ADD <artifact>
    POCKETBELT REMOVE <artifact>
    All artifacts stored in the pocketbelt still behave as though Xenthos is wearing them, or in Xenthos's inventory. Artifacts that require wielding still need to be removed so Xenthos can wield them. Jewelry/clothing with artifact runes will not be able to be stored, for the sake of simplicity (assuming that is easier to code. Otherwise, I'd be cool with them being addable too). Stores up to 100 artifacts

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Is that a suggestion that other people can, for 600cr, act as if they have all my artifacts?  Because I'm not sure I am okay with that.
  • edited January 2016
    Xenthos said:
    Is that a suggestion that other people can, for 600cr, act as if they have all my artifacts?  Because I'm not sure I am okay with that.
    Pfft No. Don't be silly. It would let them put your ACTUAL artifacts in a belt they are wearing and then YOU can act like you are wearing/holding them.
    Gets around the 100 limit with the help of friendsminions. x)

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• I feel like a better option would be for Lusternia to just adopt what Aetolia and Imperian have done and that's just make it so that artifacts have "powers" (similar to how artifact runes work) that can be attached to items and that'll give you the power for it. It is a little silly when someone is wearing five kinds of goggles and three types of shoes for artifact effects. The spam from artifacted descriptions is real.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited January 2016
    In the simples idea thread someone showed that in one of the IRE games you can show/hide what you're wearing as well, for your description. I'd very much like that in Lusternia, if it were considered simpler.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Celina said:
    Want. Some of the artifacts look pretty ridiculous. 

I have at least 3 hats on, one of which is a giant cone. 
    image <-- ?
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
  • Ancient Dwarven Hangover Cure: A mug of cold black coffee you can drink to remove your drunkenness and sober up once per IG month.
    More of a dingbat arti - how about a prime transplanar contrivance to Lirangsha?
  • A consumable item (a bag of sparkling dust?) that, when SPRINKLEd in an area, causes that area to reset. Great for allowing you to get quests done without waiting around for hours!
  • Rivius said:
    More of a dingbat arti - how about a prime transplanar contrivance to Lirangsha?
    The balloon kinda covers that, along with access to Icewynd and Mt Dio (and kinda conveniently the peak of avechna)
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Saran said:
    Rivius said:
    The balloon kinda covers that, along with access to Icewynd and Mt Dio (and kinda conveniently the peak of avechna)
    There is also a curio set that does it (which you can get for "free," just requires questing).
    Yeah, but the same could be said about icewynd and dio. The balloon is slow by comparison to a bix and some people might rather spend the 300 db than quest for vernal curios.
  • Guennie said:
    Ancient Dwarven Hangover Cure: A mug of cold black coffee you can drink to remove your drunkenness and sober up once per IG month.
    This already exists.

A survivalist's chalice (It also cures hunger and tiredness). Although this might still be an auction only thing, I can't remember, a quick search doesn't say it is a normal artifact yet.
  • Waste facility planar contrivance 

OMG PLZ. 

• edited April 2016
    Ethereal Dewdrop - Reverses the alignment of those of the Faeling race, allowing them to gain the One with Nature bonus in Ethereal forest (Hartstone terrain), but not Wyrden forest (Blacktalon terrain).

Nightshade's Kiss - Reverses the alignment of those of the Elfen race, allowing them to gain the One with Nature bonus in Wyrden forest (Blacktalon terrain), but not Ethereal forest (Hartstone terrrain).

Enchantress' Bauble - Activates a magical field around you when a powered energy cube is placed inside, automatically recharging any items when an enchantment charge is used. Additionally, once per Lusternian month you can RUB BAUBLE to have a single random enchantment applied to up to three enchantable but uncharged items in your inventory.

Vial of Changeling Blood - Single use item that allows you to change the racial perks you receive during levelling without changing your race. Note that all of your current perks will be removed and replaced with those of the target race - it is not possible to mix and match.

Edit:  -  Would be nifty if the feeling/elfen artifacts also changed the adjective of your racial description too. For example, 'an ethereal faeling' and 'a regal shadowelfen', or some such.

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    regulators already recharge things when they use a charge. It doesn't give the random enchantments, but it keeps things charged up as long as you have a cube in your inventory.

Out of curiosity, what does the vial of changeling blood accomplish that a racehat doesn't?

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • @Synkarin Ah, I didn't know about regulators. Are they spellcraft/tinkering items?

And doesn't a race hat just change the appearance of your race? Functionally, no different I guess, but it wouldn't be just an illusion.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Yes tinkering item. 

But the racehat means you could be the race with the perks you want, and then use the racehat to appear as the race you want to be. Kind of like a reversal of your Vial idea, but it accomplishes the same goal. The only real difference I see is that the racehat is an actual hat.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Unless you customize it. Then you can lord your ursine glory over all the peasants.
  • edited April 2016
    In case something like this doesn't already exist (and is possible to code), how about:

Diadem of Empathic Hypersensitivity - TOUCH DIADEM to turn on/off sensing the damage types of any health-draining attacks that occur in your location from either denizens or players. For example:

Elryn plays an exquisite ravenwood viola and directs the wild notes towards you.
    A rime of ice forms on your forehead and the chill spreads downwards to your neck.
    Through your diadem, you empathically sense the damage to be: 75% cold, 25% divinus.

Filigree Eyeliner of Insight - Enhances the ANALYSE skill in Influence so that it also displays a denizen's current level of influence resistance.

Edit: Maybe split out the denizen/player attacks into two artifacts. I am only really curious to see denizen attack damage types.
  • edited April 2016
    There should be a life steal artifact if someone hasn't mentioned it already.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Hey @Estarra and crew, how about some new goop items? Maybe....cloak of shifting hues, shroud, path finding boots, conical headdress, pantograph, and so on
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Bracers of animal telepathy, allows for the influence of animals.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    This might not even be possible, but I'd definitely pay to have more bins in shops. Bins are amazing and it saddens me that we're limited to 7.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."