QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I like colorful echos too. Helps me know what's going on. 

It leads to having good awareness about what's going on. 

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Privileged non colorblind people and their fancy color echoes. 

I can only see half the spectrum, so my echoes and highlights are basically blue, yellow, red, and white in as many combinations as you can imagine. 

On the plus side, with all the red and orange I use, it looks fire themed. 
  • Having obnoxious echo's are super handy. After blowing up a dozen or so times on an aethership, I set up an obnoxious flowerbox display when the shockwaves are about to expire.

My absolute favorite, though, is seeing @Taevyn's combat logs when he kills someone. There's a giant REKT that appears, and it never fails to make me laugh!

• RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Rude.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Xenthos said:
    Does that mean all your clan and org colours end up roughly looking the same? If so... my brain tends to go by colour more than clan label now, so if I set a new one up in such a way that it is similar to an old one, there are problems.
    Gaudiguch is bold red. Order is red background and white letters. Otherwise they aren't colored. I still go by label. 
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Remind me to toss a Screenshot up later. All the blues, I'd fit in perfectly in not Gaudi xD
  • Whyyyy do you need such excessive echoes. Are you trying to go blind or something
    Oh, I'm probably going to cut it to 3ish lines once I start using it seriously... >.>
    beep
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    The worst echoes I've ever seen are in the Windmills debating package. :-&
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • (The Shadow Kindred): @Crek says, "Oh. I thought you were talking about @Kaimanahi for a 
    minute there."

(The Shadow Kindred): @Ulalah says, "Oh, no."

(The Shadow Kindred): Ulalah says, "She's ugly-hat-lady."

FWIW, I am known as ugly-dress-fakeCL. I'll trade my dress for your hat!
  • making giant obnoxious echos is my jam

Here's a few I use and am proud of
  • Havastus said:
    Having obnoxious echo's are super handy. After blowing up a dozen or so times on an aethership, I set up an obnoxious flowerbox display when the shockwaves are about to expire.

My absolute favorite, though, is seeing @Taevyn's combat logs when he kills someone. There's a giant REKT that appears, and it never fails to make me laugh!
    I stole it for myself after seeing it the first time. It's the absolute best.
  • edited March 2016

The face of Goloth Maxyenka forms in your mind, "This feeling... It is life! It is the Glory given form and flesh, it is body, it is bone..."

I thought for a second he said faeling, and stole one of our faeling ritualists. Then I read it again and giggled.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    How... do you pick up... anything during combat?

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Dylara said:

The face of Goloth Maxyenka forms in your mind, "This feeling... It is life! It is the Glory given form and flesh, it is body, it is bone..."

I thought for a second he said faeling, and stole one of our faeling ritualists. Then I read it again and giggled.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • Salome said:
    Dylara said:

Working for four days in a row with no sleep is starting to really get to me.

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Dylara said:
    Salome said:
    Dylara said:

*sings a lullaby then hits you with a frying pan*

The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • Dylara said:
    Salome said:
    Dylara said:

Have you reached the point of hallucination? Sleep deprivation hallucinations are by far the weirdest I've encountered. Also, sleep, because while weird, those hallucinations are really terrifying. Unless they're zucchini, and then it's just weird and confusing. But yeah, go sleep.  
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  • Alary said:
    Dylara said:
    Salome said:
    Dylara said:

Have you reached the point of hallucination? Sleep deprivation hallucinations are by far the weirdest I've encountered. Also, sleep, because while weird, those hallucinations are really terrifying. Unless they're zucchini, and then it's just weird and confusing. But yeah, go sleep.  
    Noooo.. I am getting sleep but it's interrupted every few hours by a dog. I guess this is a taste of what having a baby is like.

It does make for funnier moments when I play! Soooo quotes time!

Rancoura said:
    How... do you pick up... anything during combat?

Being drop dead gorgeous helps. But, on a serious note, the color scheme is based off of Solarized, the goal of said color scheme to be low contrast and easy on the eye strain. Between setting mudlet colors properly and config colors properly, visibility isn't an issue. The left side does a lot of work too. That series of bars parses assess/discern to display enemy h/m/e/p on the four horizontal, with wounds being tracked with the seven vertical. Things will also change color nicely if I get someone within range of a kill condition. Chat capture on the right for seeing target calls, and all my balances on the bottom left make keeping situational awareness pretty easy. Especially with the balance bar changing to "ENTANGLED" or "PARALYZED" until those things are cured.
  • Oh my god Tark. 
    Is all just grey for you, right? I find that hilarious because I'm a horrible person. However, I've pondered making faction appropriate color schemes. Just for lolz.
  • This is why I can't use Tark's UI. It's so pretty and customisable, but it just blows me out of the water and it doesn't look the same un-solarised. 
  • edited March 2016
    Colorblind doesn't mean everything is grey (unless you are severely colorblind)! We're not dogs.  :-w

It means we don't see nuances between similar colors and they just blur together. For me it's the green/blue/purple side of the spectrum. 

example: Medium turquoise, dark turquoise, and aquamarine all look identical, but it doesn't look grey. 
  • Tritanopia for me. So I think we're in the same boat, Cyn. (though I will tell people who get annoying they look like the blobs from the Fairly Oddparents)

• Colorblind doesn't mean everything is grey (unless you are severely colorblind)! We're not dogs.  :-w

It means we don't see nuances between similar colors and they just blur together. For me it's the green/blue/purple side of the spectrum. 

example: Medium turquoise, dark turquoise, and aquamarine all look identical, but it doesn't look grey. 
    Dogs don't just see grey.

Yeah I know. Just poking fun.
  • It's just one of those pet peeves I have, and that I'm all too happy to correct should I need to :D
  • Tarkenton said:

How do I get my hands on this GUI?