General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Can you just recycle old sermons and swap in some new phrases, mad lib style?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Haha! Probably could, but won't. Not my style.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • That reminds me of a kind of computer joke about copy/paste that ends with a catholic priest invoking the Virgin Emily at a funeral.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Tridemon said:
    That reminds me of a kind of computer joke about copy/paste that ends with a catholic priest invoking the Virgin Emily at a funeral.
    Oh my... granted, I've seen some pretty funny things too because of bad copy/paste.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I have concocted such a hell for myself today. All I want to do is sleep but instead I must write write write so I can present a thing later today and not sound dumb but oh god I am going to sound dumb and potentially fall asleep or cry from sleep deprivation. Hating myself atm.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    @Sylandra All-nighters can be hard, especially if they are to work. You can pull through though, am sure of it! good luck. :-)
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • My front door is frozen shut. I love Colorado weather. It was 70 yesterday.

Currently Playing in: The doctors office. One more needle and I might just lose it again.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I miss Colorado weather :(

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Urge to kill old people rising.
  • Tarkenton said:
    Urge to kill old people rising.
    Work with 120 of them every day. I know that feeling.

Currently Playing in: The doctors office. One more needle and I might just lose it again.
  • edited March 2016
    I messed up and now we don't get pizza for dinner. :<
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  • Alary said:
    I messed up and now we don't get pizza for dinner. :<
    Dislike. I would share my pizza if I could. :( 
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    edited March 2016
    okay, am out of here.

I get the feeling that I manage to trigger people here pretty easily and I am really not into causing drama or grief for anybody. My language seems sometimes to come off as ultra annoyed or pissed and the last thing I want is to cause people such feelings. So I will refrain from posting here from the forseeable future. I want to stress that this is not anything against you @Cyndarin, or anybody else. I just don't feel, at this moment, am not doing any good as a member of this OOC community and thus take a step back.

if there's need to talk or anything send me a PM.

Am sorry, you're all great. :x

edit: for clarifications "am out of here" shall means, i'll likely not be contributing to the forum in the near future. I'm still playing though. See you all in the game :-)
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    What to do about a mom who consults crystal healers and numerologists instead of psychiatrists and credit counsellors. ~X(
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Aeldra said:
    okay, am out of here.

I get the feeling that I manage to trigger people here pretty easily and I am really not into causing drama or grief for anybody. My language seems sometimes to come off as ultra annoyed or pissed and the last thing I want is to cause people such feelings. So I will refrain from posting here from the forseeable future. I want to stress that this is not anything against you @Cyndarin, or anybody else. I just don't feel, at this moment, am not doing any good as a member of this OOC community and thus take a step back.

if there's need to talk or anything send me a PM.

Am sorry, you're all great. :x
    I'm easily triggerable, and I don't take any of it personally, as a note. 
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    edited March 2016
    Stupid. North Carolina. Senate.

Edit for language.
  • edited March 2016
    Daraius said:
    What to do about a mom who consults crystal healers and numerologists instead of psychiatrists and credit counsellors. ~X(
    Nothing? If you've tried to do what you can and instill logic in her, yet she's not done anything to fix the situation, then there's nothing more that can be done. Time for her to face the consequences of her actions.

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Learning to tell parents "no" is hard. I finally had to tell my pops I couldn't help him anymore if he kept making the same choices. Haven't heard from him in a year now, and from what I heard last he's smoking meth again. Sad face.
  • Other people being incompetent mean I am now spending three weeks out of the next four traveling (to a place that I greatly dislike), ignoring the projects I am actually excited about in order to clean up someone else's mess. 80 hour work weeks, here I come!
  • edited March 2016
    Daraius said:
    Other than gaslight her until you can commit her?
    Not much I'm afraid.

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• edited March 2016
    Wow, raiding a city that has a single non-demigod, noncombatant attentive occupant with FOUR demigods plus 3 other individuals.  

I'm actually more depressed that I was killed by an inner worm and not by one of said raiders.  It would have been nice to have status on all seven of them.
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • We wouldn't get status on you unless we individually declared. You also were just standing there for 56 seconds without reacting in any way whatsoever. 
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • edited March 2016
    Why would I fight back as a NONcombatant?  The second I do, I lose the protection of Avechna.

Also, according to HELP AVENGER

Note that the Avenger will attempt to detect if a team has
    cooperated to slay someone and will treat all of them the same as it treats the
    individual killer.
  • I think you need to read it a little better.
    ヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ☂ ɪᴛs ʀᴀɪɴɪɴɢ sᴀʟᴛ! ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ☂                                ヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`

• edited March 2016
    This is the wrong thread for it but that's not quite how it works. 
    Unless you already have status you can fight back. What it means is that if you already have status on someone and go to declare them yourself or you are declared upon yourself by them and fight back, you lose his protection (though I'm pretty sure if you are declared upon with status and fight back there's another clause or something there). You also could have just left the room.
    Maligorn was the only person who I think declared you, the rest of us were just hitting guards, so we wouldn't have gotten suspect.

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • edited March 2016
    Meh, perhaps a divine can clear up specifics as to how group suspect marking works, but I still stand by my thoughts that hitting a city that has a single non-demigod, non-combatant attentive who is doing nothing more than minding his own business, is bad form.

(Disclaimer:  You may think that it is perfectly fine and I'm fine with that - just as long as you respect the fact that I myself think it is bad form. :P  Like I said, I am more grumpy over the fact that the inner worm stole the kill.  Experience wise I only lost 0.15% experience which I made back with a single influence.)
  • That's not true. If you're an enemy of the city, and you're in the territory, and you are attacked by any member of it, you'll get auto-declared to that person. If he dies to pvp before it expires, you'll automatically be statused. In fact, if you defile on prime, you're auto-declared on every member of that order in the game, not sure if attacking loyals work the same way, but my impression is that it does. Which means if it hadn't been a mob kill, status to all seven would be the case. At least, based on my understanding, that's the case.

• edited March 2016
    Now that I'm thinking about it, you're right. I checked my declarations during the event but given that Sakaki didn't make a move against me, I wasn't on declarations.

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Also, if you have status on someone, you can attack them while they are in your org territory (they auto declared by being in an enemy org) and they can't attack back without triggering vengeance status. The easiest way to understand this is through understanding 'declaration' mechanics. ANY pvp combat that happens on Prime involves a declaration. When it takes place in org (or mob) territory, the declaration is made automatically for the person that is standing in enemy territory. (it assumes you are the aggressor if you're in enemy territory.)

• Auto declarations don't show up, I think... can't be sure. Alternatively, there might be code that makes it possible for the game to know who was hitting, and not hitting, and give status to those who did. Will need someone to look at the code to confirm