Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• (Peasantface): Dylara says, "The wind blows at 5 knots (light breeze), the temperature is 84F/28.9C (warm), and the cloud level is 7 (light rain)."

This is spring time weather. Sun doesn't know hot.

The Divine voice of Ianir the Anomaly echoes in your head, "You are a ray of sunshine in a sea of 
    depression. I just wanted you to know that."
  • You should have @Dylara standing in front of a wall with symbols for the weather as she points to regions and gives her weather report.
  • Crek said:
    (Peasantface): Dylara says, "The wind blows at 5 knots (light breeze), the temperature is 84F/28.9C (warm), and the cloud level is 7 (light rain)."

I live in Canada. That's unbearably hot.
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
  • Sylvanas said:
    Crek said:
    (Peasantface): Dylara says, "The wind blows at 5 knots (light breeze), the temperature is 84F/28.9C (warm), and the cloud level is 7 (light rain)."

I live in Canada. That's unbearably hot.
    This is normal summer weather in Toronto!

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    That's kinda warm winter weather in vast swathes of Texas. 
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    90+ Fahrenheit or gtfo.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • 28 celsius is warm?

Where I live, 28 celsius is what the air-conditioning is set at for when we want a cool day.

• Live tweet.

The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    And now we're hugging trees to death. Yep.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Stratas said:
    Mraxin, the Perihelion raises his arms and hums deeply the note of the forest, which reverberates through the air like a lion's roar. Strange but radiant trees crowd the air above in shards of light, their boughs releasing a choking cloud of humidity.

Dazzling in its aureate brillance, a shimmering reflection of a strange jungle chokes the air with humidity.

The end of Sidwesh, the Welcoming Dawn's cudgel forms a knotted, gnarled burl and he points it at a mature sunpride tree. The burl pops and ruptures, a buzzing a buzzing scourge of mosquitoes rising forth to feast upon his victim, who can only scream in agony as the insects drink deeply of the tree's sweet sap with gouging stings."

Sundruids, oh yes.
    This sort of saddens me, because the people who coded this intentionally put "tree's sweet sap" instead of whatever would happen if it hit a mob or player. :(
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Mosquitoes would drink their sweet sapblood duh..

And they are Lion Druids[druids bond to the animal spirit].
    The Wiccans would bond to sun as Sundancers....

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Sun druids?

What did I miss? Is it still going on?
  • @Alaksanteri - The Dawnburst druids of Jojobo came and helped plant a Sunpride Baobab tree, to keep Sun from continuing to misbehave. It's planted up on Mt. Avechna. But they gave us a taste of their skills during the event, to make us all envious and want to move there. Sadly, they want to be super reclusive and wouldn't let anybody follow them home.

They also appear to be having some sort of civil war with the Goldenclaw, who were confirmed at the very end to be wiccans. Since there was ominous portent of "this isn't the end of this", it's looking like Jojobo's crisis is going to be a decent part of this year's plotline.

@Tylwyth - Just because Basin druids bond to their animal spirits doesn't mean Jojobo does it the same way. Seriously, look at the names.
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • Stratas said:
    @Alaksanteri - The Dawnburst druids of Jojobo came and helped plant a Sunpride Baobab tree, to keep Sun from continuing to misbehave. It's planted up on Mt. Avechna. But they gave us a taste of their skills during the event, to make us all envious and want to move there. Sadly, they want to be super reclusive and wouldn't let anybody follow them home.

They also appear to be having some sort of civil war with the Goldenclaw, who were confirmed at the very end to be wiccans. Since there was ominous portent of "this isn't the end of this", it's looking like Jojobo's crisis is going to be a decent part of this year's plotline.

@Tylwyth - Just because Basin druids bond to their animal spirits doesn't mean Jojobo does it the same way. Seriously, look at the names.
    They denied my obvious druid exchange program :( WTB sun druids.
    The Divine voice of Ianir the Anomaly echoes in your head, "You are a ray of sunshine in a sea of 
    depression. I just wanted you to know that."
  • edited May 2016

Crek said:
    Stratas said:
    @Alaksanteri - The Dawnburst druids of Jojobo came and helped plant a Sunpride Baobab tree, to keep Sun from continuing to misbehave. It's planted up on Mt. Avechna. But they gave us a taste of their skills during the event, to make us all envious and want to move there. Sadly, they want to be super reclusive and wouldn't let anybody follow them home.

They denied my obvious druid exchange program :( WTB sun druids.

Ileein said:
    The press around the druids was hilarious, everyone was begging to visit Jojobo and the druids were understandably quite reluctant. Just imagine the stampede, as a horde of unwashed housebreakers trampled all the trees and ripped up every bush in sight looking for chocolate. It'd be an ecological nightmare.

Also, in Jojobo the wiccans and druids are obviously reversed, because Jojobo is in Lusternian Australia and therefore everything is upside down.

Lerad said:
    Malaria              Give your victims a deadly disease.
    • Mythical 75%
    • Syntax: FORESTCAST MALARIA <target>
      Power:  5 (Master Sunpride)
      Damage Type: Unblockable
      Damage Source: Magical
      Distill the essence of the jungle in this lethal disease and send it to scour your target with a debilitating fever. They will sweat and shiver by turns, and upturn their stomachs in horrible pain as they die. Will tick every 10 seconds, and give an affliction from a pool of: slickness, freeze or vomiting. Also deals damage.

Stratas said:
    Mraxin, the Perihelion raises his arms and hums deeply the note of the forest, which reverberates through the air like a lion's roar. Strange but radiant trees crowd the air above in shards of light, their boughs releasing a choking cloud of humidity.

Dazzling in its aureate brillance, a shimmering reflection of a strange jungle chokes the air with humidity.

The end of Sidwesh, the Welcoming Dawn's cudgel forms a knotted, gnarled burl and he points it at a mature sunpride tree. The burl pops and ruptures, a buzzing a buzzing scourge of mosquitoes rising forth to feast upon his victim, who can only scream in agony as the insects drink deeply of the tree's sweet sap with gouging stings."

Sundruids, oh yes.

Heaving a sigh of resignation, you leave the Nihilists.

The Iron Key to the Infernal Machine vanishes in a puff of smoke.
    Fond thoughts of your homeland, Magnagora, fill your head as you leave it, ready to embark on new 
    adventures elsewhere.

Okay I'm ready!
  • @Alaksanteri

2016/05/22 17:44:30 - Alaksanteri quit the city.

WHAT.
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
  • Hilarious.
  • It's fine... if I've been mislead I'll just end up in Gaudiguch drinking my loss away.

Seriously I was thinking about hopping and the allusions to Jojobo gave me a push in the back.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Oh man. Let me make room for you in Morgfyre's dog house next to me!

• Lavinya said:
    Oh man. Let me make room for you in Morgfyre's dog house next to me!
    I'll probably stay there for a while, I have a suspicion...
  • Sylandra said:
    We're not even done with factions yet, guys!

<picture>

Surprise! 'guild overhaul' was code for 'actually releasing jojobo and giving out 2-4 new guilds'
  • Ayisdra said:
    Sylandra said:
    We're not even done with factions yet, guys!

<picture>

Surprise! 'guild overhaul' was code for 'actually releasing jojobo and giving out 2-4 new guilds'
    Shoot, you caught us.

• Honestly, even if Jojobo does come out, I kinda hope it won't come out as a full-fledged org. We're kinda spread thin as it is; I'd rather see it as a non-org forest, at least to start with. It can always go the Glom route later, if it fits.
  • Ssaliss said:
    Honestly, even if Jojobo does come out, I kinda hope it won't come out as a full-fledged org. We're kinda spread thin as it is; I'd rather see it as a non-org forest, at least to start with. It can always go the Glom route later, if it fits.
    I would love to see it as a new area that perhaps eventually turns into an org if the playerbase could support it. Or a new questing area. We've had so many new questing areas, though. But I like them. :D
This discussion has been closed.