Artifact Ideas

Comments

• edited July 2016
    Some expensive manse arties that allow you to turn a room into an elemental plane (500cr) or astral (750cr) Also, something called a Herbmine, costs 1 credit, single-use, and the next person to harvest that room to zero gets insta'd with a really obnoxiously overthetop deathsight. I would take out a second mortgage for these things. #herbalistproblems while we're at it, something similar for people who abuse node linking.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    One-time use artifact that lets you change your character's birthdate.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Daraius said:
    One-time use artifact that lets you change your character's birthdate.
    Just means we have to change the birthstones/signs on you once you use that.
    Maybe I want to change it to Roarkian 15 so I can have birthday parties with Sylandra. :P
    I used to make cakes.

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Daraius said:
    Maybe I want to change it to Roarkian 15 so I can have birthday parties with Sylandra. :P

Ain't no party like a Skull party cuz a Skull party don't stop.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Hilariously, Tark has shared birthdays with two of his wives.
    Livin' the dream, man, livin' the dream. =D>
    I used to make cakes.

• Just a head's up that we'll be adding more artifacts this month so keep the ideas coming!
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Maybe an item allowing you to give yourself positive astrology spheres?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I'm shamelessly browsing the other IRE's these seem nice. I know we might have something similiar, but just in case:

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    The size upgrades do exist, but I'm not sure the shelves (bins) upgrades do. 
  • Not a new idea, but the ONLY reason I haven't bought four of the dreamweaver mote artefact is because it can't be embedded.
  • I'd love to see more goop skins for arties... not sure if that's something open for grabs right now? 

Or expand the available skins to arties not already listed there. Like headdress, because, I feel like I'm wearing a metal dunce cap :(
    Zarialle's first dance:
    Trader Bob leads Zarialle through the dancers to the dance floor and brings her all the way to its heart.
    Orventa said:
    I'm shamelessly browsing the other IRE's these seem nice. I know we might have something similiar, but just in case:

City shop upgrades are 1 mill per iirc. If you're interested in one call your friendly neighborhood Chancellor (me!). @Pejat kindly donated some moneys for that awhile back.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Sylandra said:
    Orventa said:
    I'm shamelessly browsing the other IRE's these seem nice. I know we might have something similiar, but just in case:

City shop upgrades are 1 mill per iirc. If you're interested in one call your friendly neighborhood Chancellor (me!). @Pejat kindly donated some moneys for that awhile back.
    That's good to know, though I thought this might apply for manse shops too.

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    You can buy manse shop upgrades to increase how much you can store

You can also buy more bins for manse shops with dingbats.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    edited July 2016
    Something that recently popped into my mind for those people like me who like to build fancy things in their manse: A teleport platform. I can see them coming in two forms:

- a cheaper, smaller version that allows to teleport between two manse rooms given both ends have teleporters. Would be extra nifty if it weren't 1 to 1 teleport but 1 to many teleport.
    - An upgrade for the teleporter that would allow people to teleport between manse's with the same upgrade.
    - A way to set permissions/restrictions to this and have it act like a 'mini fulcrux', thus removing the need to have the room connect back to the fulcrux, as long as the teleporter connection is there, allowing you to create real floating islands.
    - probably need to make it so that manses only connect through the teleport platform if both sides have linked to the other, so it can be broken at any time from any side.

May more or less be solvable by other means or just being plain convinience, but in my mind sounds like an interesting idea maybe?

For me, it's always been a little bit of a 'meh' point that e. g. big family house manses are not linked to each other and you have to remember a bunch of names to get to the respective manses, instead of having like being able to go to your characters parents home and from there to their parents home, etc.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Plus one to the artefact above if the upgrade allows you to change the title. For example, the base might just be:

'a silver platform lies here, humming with power' with a 'enter platform' command to activate. The upgrade could be anything (or as mine would be):

'a shimmering portal with a view of a decrepit, Wyrden manor floats here' with 'enter portal' being the command. You would obviously have to enter whatever the base noun of the description is, but I would hella buy this.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Just a note that we want to release more artifacts. Keep the ideas coming!
  • Camping Stove - portable oven, allows you to cook on the go

Merchant's Stall Kit- Portable shopfront, allows you to set up shop anywhere. Easy to set up and take down. Multiple people can set up shop next to you: 'A roadside market has been set up here'.

An azure pad of ink. - 10 cr?

Allows you to change the colour of your lettering stamp. 

Then make a pad for all the basic colours.

Orventa said:
    Camping Stove - portable oven, allows you to cook on the go

Merchant's Stall Kit- Portable shopfront, allows you to set up shop anywhere. Easy to set up and take down. Multiple people can set up shop next to you: 'A roadside market has been set up here'.

The kit would be super cute but I bet there would have to be limits on where it could go. Totally love it though.
    Daraius said:
  • edited July 2016
    Trademaster's Union Ring: Allows you to take up a restricted tradeskill ie Brewmeister. ~Sings Solidarity Forever when twisted.~

Signet Ring: A personal, non-org level chop. Subject to admin approval, for use on letters, books etc. Ink colors custom, but cannot be changed once set.

• 1) Rune of the Swift Beast - reduces beast balance. Should be a tiered/upgradeable artie. If this is deemed OP, make it a single-use artefact reagent (1cr?) that lasts 1 hour.

2) Sales Ledger (200cr) - allows you to view shoplog and shoprift from outside your stockroom. Linked to a specific shop?
    If the Sales Ledger is linked to a specific shoppe, have an upgrade that costs 20 cr that lets you tack on another one.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited July 2016
    Chameleon Badge: 100 credits. Touch to glamour yourself as a random mortal that isn't online. Fool your enemies! Astound your friends! Effect wears off immediately if you lose masochism or move rooms.

Custom emote token: 50 credifs. Issue yourself to redeem, create your own custom emote that only you or a clan of your choice can use.

Enertron Fuggleblurb: 100 credits. Funnel personal energy into a nexus at a 2:1 rate.

Sundae Sundew: 300 credits. Manse artifact, turns the room into a sun/lion melded room (obviously appearance only), and tree produces chocolate square commodities once a month.

Dwarven Toolbox: counts as every trade artifact. Not loanable.

Kethuru ' s Maw: gives you added universal damage buff/protection/stats the more insane you are. Allows you to eat astral mobs to heal yourself slightly. Gain insanity 25% faster.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • the merchant stall kit could be limited to the highways. that would keep them contained and easy to find. probably real exspensive but would be nice to get more shops out of the aetherplex
    Poor city shops already have a tough time of it. :/
    I used to make cakes.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Daraius said:
    Poor city shops already have a tough time of it. :/
    So why not an artifact that lets you advertise your city-shop in the aetherplex?  It would basically create a one-room "manse" that you can enter and buy things as if you were standing in that shop (can't see it / enter it if you are banned from purchasing by shop policies).

I'd think it would be a personal artifact that creates a one-room manse, then you link it to a city-shop you own.  If you lose the city-shop, you can link it to a different one.  This way the artifact is attuned to you, and not lost with the city-shop if politics change or you move orgs.