the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• *blink* whoever dies with doll makes me win it's that simply.
  • I have no clue what to make of your power then Rolsand. Seems a very weird win condition and I have never heard of anything similar to it.. however if anyone else can make heads or tails of this new piece of information speak up.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    what happens if you die with the doll?

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • I can't think of anything off hand, but pokemon has enough creepy ghost shit that the doll's probably a reference to something that could tell us more. And while I am kind of curious about it and feel bad for Rolsand I feel like we definitely can't let him pass that doll out.

Unfortunately I'm on mobile right now and the forums hate me so I'm having a lot trouble trying to bold this. Maybe Tremula will let it slide?

Unvote

Vote Rolsand

Sorry man, you dug your own grave
  • Synkarin said:
    Heh.
  • This includes Lynch.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    You already said you have to initiate it in order for it to take effect, so I'm not going to buy the "oooh if you lynch me you'll all die to my creepy doll power maybe heh heh" threat now. I still stand by a jester (and that would pretty much be a jester) being really unlikely in a setup like this.
    As an aside, in case anyone is totally confused on what such a power would have to do with Pokemon, the best way I can think to connect some creepy ghost doll power to a Pokemon-themed game would be something to do with Banette. I'm all shrugs beyond that, though.
  • <b>Unvote

Vote Rolsand</b>
  • Phoebus said:
    You already said you have to initiate it in order for it to take effect, so I'm not going to buy the "oooh if you lynch me you'll all die to my creepy doll power maybe heh heh" threat now. I still stand by a jester (and that would pretty much be a jester) being really unlikely in a setup like this.
    He was not saying we die if we lynch him. I think he was saying if the person he hands the doll to dies from a lynch he wins.  Not entirely sure here and as much as I started the Lynch Rolsand train I do want to be sure people are voting based on the facts and not misinterpretations
  • well based on the facts as they are given to us and as we can best understand them at any rate
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    @Lehki I see the attempt and will count it. 
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Rolsand said:
    Synkarin said:
    Heh.

that is what Phoebus was referencing
  • @Krackenor Oh.. I simply just interpreted that as Rolsand being defeatist and uninformative again...  What the heck is wrong with my creepometer?
  • Makaela said:
    I asked a question and you simply deflected it with a "Why would I lie?"  Which does nothing to reassure me.
    That's because your question is an impossible one. "How do we know there isn't more?" We don't, that's how claims work. 
  • Oh well, sorry buddy. I don't think you're mafia but I think your ship has sailed at this point. 

On the one hand, your style of posting certainly didn't score you any points, and in a mafia game where people are looking for a reason to kill anyone, that's about all it takes. 
  • On the other hand, I have no idea what they expected you to claim as. You may have been boned the moment this lynch train started 87 pages ago.
  • Yikes. I agree with Cyndarin in that if Rolsand's telling the truth and he's played all his cards, then he's effectively declawed. At the same time, I'm not sure I trust him to not use whatever this doll thing is and just be cool with winning with the town. Sorry man, I do think you're telling the truth but it's hard to trust human nature. Vote Rolsand.

Whatever happens, we do need some investigating tonight on whichever of these two, Rolsand and Kilee, aren't lynched today.
  • @Cyndarin I even later pointed out I have no idea what to make of his claim as I have never heard of a similar win condition and asked if others could make heads or tails on it. If someone can make a convincing argument for why he might be telling us the full truth

@Kalaneya if you think he is being completly honest with us why vote to lynch him?  Isnt that contradictory?
  • @makaela No. Read again. I think he is being forthright with his powers, however, I do not trust him to not use his third party ability.
    On the other hand, I have no idea what they expected you to claim as. You may have been boned the moment this lynch train started 87 pages ago.
    Basically the only thing that would have made me back down would have been if his claim showed that he was actually town and had simply confusedly mis-claimed as a third party earlier. It wouldn't have surprised me, to be honest. Instead, the more we heard, the worse it got, and the more convinced I became that voting for him was the right course of action. I was leaning more towards Kilee before this whole downward spiral.
  • @Kalaneya if he is being forthright about his powers then it does not matter at all if he passes the doll. Or is there a detail I am missing?
  • @makaela Alright fine then. I misspoke. I believe that he has a doll and another win condition. He has claimed that his other win condition does not interfere with the town's win condition. I do not necessarily believe this since of course no one in their right mind would reveal to the contrary. I do recognise that he's done a lot to help gain the town's trust, but in the same breath he has said to a lot to us about his role that seems suspicious. If he flips to be harmless to town, it is simply deeply unfortunate given the evidence that we have so far I don't think we have a better choice. It is hard to trust the motives of a third party.
  • Well that should be a lynch.
  • hrm never mind a couple of people haven't voted yet.
  • @Kalaneya and I agree fully with that. I just wanted to be sure of your motives. 

Also Rolsand my count brings it to 12 not 14... Or am I counting wrong?
  • It probably is a couple of votes below 14.
  • Ah.. It is at 13.. In the interest of not having this get ninja closed before Rolsand has a chance to deter my opinion as I am currently WIFOMing this situation with the revealation of his power

UNVOTE
    Makaela said:
    Ah.. It is at 13.. In the interest of not having this get ninja closed before Rolsand has a chance to deter my opinion as I am currently WIFOMing this situation with the revealation of his power

UNVOTE
    What else could he possibly say? What are you hoping to hear from him that hasn't already been told?
  • Since my power has been changed I can't win by being lynched so its a hundred percent safe for you to lynch me.