the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I don't know. She definitely didn't have any resurrection powers before, but if anyone came around to check on me as Thul seems to have suggested, this looks like a strong lead.
  • Okay so Kalaneya had the power to rez people? What? What are you doing @Tremble?

Did she always have that? but they come back as town? Did she not know that? Why would she pick the one person with all of her secrets? I'd say we can't trust Vivet but she's been so forthcoming? Maybe it's all a bluff to get back in towns good side by throwing the already outed Kalaneya under the bus?

• I don't know, this just all felt connected to the Lunnala thing at the end of the previous day. If it is Kala who did it, well, that's a pretty powerful power. Though it seems to have no benefit to the Mafia.

I'm confused really, with this and that Lehki is apparently defanged.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Okay well. Kalaneya is pmuch confimed scum with Vivet's reveal.

I can buy that Dylara is 3rd party and that's why the match-up didn't work. Luce was very forthcoming with all his shipping attempts, I don't see why it would be in his interests to lie on that count.

However, I would like some assurance that her win condition isn't inherently anti-town. In my experience, 3rd party is more often malicious/chaotic than innocent/benign.

Gonna go ahead and Vote: Kalaneya since nothing more pressing has popped up.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Still nothing from Allyrianne and Kaimanahi yet today, I think. I'm not doing anything until they at least check in - I'm not a fan of letting people go under the radar, especially when I'm at the centre of things.
  • I dunno what to think about Lehki. His behaviour today is definitely more forthright. And his getting booted from the cult does match up with how Lunala moon-voice thing was all "HAHA I WIN" in the dayphase flavour.

The rezz is... yeah, still really confusing. I can't finger a convincing explanation for how on earth it would benefit scum to bring Vivet back when she has all the damning info to share. It makes way mpre sense for a townie to bring her back. If it really was Kalaneya who brought Vivet back, then I'm more concerned that Vivet and Sylandra are doin' a dupe. Maybe Sylandra was converted or something. Something for our investigator to look into, methinks.
  • Vivet said:

Still nothing from Allyrianne and Kaimanahi yet today, I think. I'm not doing anything until they at least check in - I'm not a fan of letting people go under the radar, especially when I'm at the centre of things.

Also Melali! He might have some info to share.
  • Cen said:

Okay well. Kalaneya is pmuch confimed scum with Vivet's reveal.

I can buy that Dylara is 3rd party and that's why the match-up didn't work. Luce was very forthcoming with all his shipping attempts, I don't see why it would be in his interests to lie on that count.

However, I would like some assurance that her win condition isn't inherently anti-town. In my experience, 3rd party is more often malicious/chaotic than innocent/benign.

Gonna go ahead and Vote: Kalaneya since nothing more pressing has popped up.

I can definitely say that I win with the Champion.

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• I'm pretty sure that Lehki is still scum. He might, MIGHT not be, but... well, I'm not sure whether it matters. I'm taking it as a foregone conclusion that he's dead to clubbing and poisoning come tomorrow morning.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Feel free to investigate me or pair me up or whatever. I'm easy. If I wanted to avoid attention I wouldn't be announcing the Scum Queen Vivet was a vanilla townie now, hahaha.

I don't know who did the rez or why but it's looking like Kalaneya was the person most likely to rez her last night. Especially if she's scum and didn't realize Vivet would return townie. In which case, whoops.

Would also explain the lack of deaths last night.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Thul said:

I'm pretty sure that Lehki is still scum. He might, MIGHT not be, but... well, I'm not sure whether it matters. I'm taking it as a foregone conclusion that he's dead to clubbing and poisoning come tomorrow morning.

Yeah I'm not buying Lehki's supposed innocence either. I am only touting Vivet's because I got an official mod PM about it.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Lehki said:

So Kalaneya is not the remaining killer then? Do we definitely want to lynch hetb since it probably won't reveal any new info?

How many blocks do we have left now that we could spare for her? Krackenor + Portius' Haunters's lick?

Pokemon don't keep their old powers when they evolve. I can no longer dayblock with my pokemon.
    Thul said:

I'm pretty sure that Lehki is still scum. He might, MIGHT not be, but... well, I'm not sure whether it matters. I'm taking it as a foregone conclusion that he's dead to clubbing and poisoning come tomorrow morning.

Lehki seemed pretty confident that he could tank at least one hit from me with his pokemon. Refrained from giving away details about Serene Grace because it's the only thing that can keep him safe from me. I'm willing to accept him as 3rd party now because of the message I got when I tried to kill him. It fits his story. That still marks him as a low-risk target for a vigilante killing if I don't have better leads, of course. Better to accidentally kill a third party than a town.

Now, if he wanted to more fully convince me that he's town, the best thing to do would be to explain exactly how to kill him through Serene Grace. After all, scum have no reason to make my job easier. He could lie, but I'm not confident that he could come up with one that seems plausible.

I'm 99% sure I can go around his protection, but it'd take two nights to do it so I'm reluctant to do it the brute force way.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    (by the way, killing via clubbing and poisoning is for people who don't have Harpoons)
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Yeah I wouldn't believe me either but there's not really much I can do about besides trying to hide behind serene Grace while you guys look for more enticing targets. Which is admittedly part of why I suggested looking elsewhere then Kalaneya since as soon as she's gone that puts me back at the top of the list.
    Lehki said:

Yeah I wouldn't believe me either but there's not really much I can do about besides trying to hide behind serene Grace while you guys look for more enticing targets. Which is admittedly part of why I suggested looking elsewhere then Kalaneya since as soon as she's gone that puts me back at the top of the list.

Ok if you're looking to help out maybe you can explain something to me. What is a Chosen?
    Daraius said:
  • "Tell me how to kill you so I don't have to kill you" ugh. Frustrating but fair. You're probably going to try again tonight anyway say might as well tell.

it's a lingering affect that lasts through to the next phase, so since you set it of last night I'm still immune now but will be vulnerable by tonight. It also protects Egbert and would have triggered if people tried killing her as well.
  • There was somebody else on the train that is The Chosen One of Pokemon. On alternating nights cult leaders would send them anonymous messages trying to convince them to choose our cult. Presumably that is what happened last night since it was Lunaala's night to message them.

I tried to get them to give me a sign who they were so we could avoid killing them but they never went for it.
  • I've already checked in, but don't have anything from last night to contribute. I do think we should lynch Kalaneya, though I also think that we should wait until everyone checks in.
  • I only have one bit of speculation on the identity of Chosen, but it doesn't have any hard evidence, and just opens everybody up to suspicion, so don't even know if offering up something potentially unhelpful like that benefits town or keeping me alive.
    Which reminds me: VOTE Kalaneya

Lehki's explanation of himself has satisfied me for the time being. It's roughly what I expected.
  • Portius said:

Which reminds me: VOTE Kalaneya

Lehki's explanation of himself has satisfied me for the time being. It's roughly what I expected.

Does this mean I can live through the night or do I got another date with that harpoon? D:
    In the interest of good taste, I'm going to skip over the filthy pun that came into my head. But I want you all to stop for a moment and contemplate what it might have been.

I'm not willing to commit to not harpooning Lehki, but I'm thinking you're not a priority target.
  • Oh, that all being said. I wanted to ask you guys about Metronome.

I kept trying to do it during the day entirely to be antagonistic and try to keep focus on myself even though it was obviously going to be blocked. It's random nature is obviously a huge crapshoot, but I actually think used during the day it's more likely to break in town's favour, when the result of the action is visible to all instead of only me.

So just putting that out there, if you guys wanna roll that dice.
  • Well then.

• Oh okay well wow. I guess all of Lunaala's followers all have the need to go out with a bang?
  • Lehki said:

Oh, that all being said. I wanted to ask you guys about Metronome.

I kept trying to do it during the day entirely to be antagonistic and try to keep focus on myself even though it was obviously going to be blocked. It's random nature is obviously a huge crapshoot, but I actually think used during the day it's more likely to break in town's favour, when the result of the action is visible to all instead of only me.

Put the nice away or I will set you on fire.
  • Dice. GDI edits.
  • Lehki said:

Oh, that all being said. I wanted to ask you guys about Metronome.

Put the nice away or I will set you on fire.
    It's funny because Metronome set you on fire when it hit you with Victini's buring V.

But yes I figured as much, just felt like I should at least offer.