Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover Edition

Comments

• Odds are I'll switch my vote over when  wake back up (so roughly 8-9 hours) depending on more (or same) information. I still think Vivet is acting scummy, but odds are we won't go from 3 to 9 votes before the day ends, so Cyndarin seems like a likely candidate. As I said though, I'll wait and see a little while longer to see if anything plays out.
  • Vote: CyndarinAscends

Last I heard Cyndarin couldn't post from that account anymore due to her retiring. She said she was making a character to post a few days ago, but it doesn't look like that is happening.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I will vote, just not before she has a chance to speak. For some reason it feels like she's been quieter today than she has been otherwise. I mean I know she'll be able to stump-post, but it still doesn't feel quite right, you know?
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I held off voting for her earlier to say her piece. I may not get to otherwise. Vote cyndarinascends.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    That should be a lynch, which means the damnafuku duel is mostly useless. Mostly.
  • Ssaliss said:
    BTW, @Kalaneya, would you consider sharing your spellcards now that you're stumped?
    Weiwae already shared the details, actually.
  • Kalaneya said:
    Ssaliss said:
    BTW, @Kalaneya, would you consider sharing your spellcards now that you're stumped?
    Weiwae already shared the details, actually.
    I don't think the spellcard type was included in that report, just names and strength.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Wait, the retirement thing is for real? I thought that was a joke.
  • @ssaliss on mobile so limited, but the zigzag was streamer, the other two were scatter
  • In case we aren't at that point already (I think we are, but might as well push it over the edge a bit),

Vote: CyndarinAscends
  • (Hoo boy.)

Luce challenges Ssaliss
    As a final match of the day, Ssaliss and Luce challenge one another. Luce with his wrath, and Ssaliss with his exploding familiars. The two fighters circle one another, testing each other's defenses with quick, precise jabs. Luce by sending fans of burning flames that Ssaliss has to weave between, Ssaliss by sending exploding familiars that burst into exploding bullet patterns. Luce does not have to dodge those bullets though, as whenever a bullet gets too close it refracts away, bending most of them away. The few that don't refract properly are easy enough to dodge. And when he notices this, Luce pushes himself on the offensive. Diving carelessly towards Ssaliss in a flurry of firey bullets. It's impossible for Ssaliss to dodge all those bullets. Not when the massive fans are shot from such close range. He lifts up a few familiars to try and shield himself, but they end up exploding in his face. Poor Ssaliss is sent flying out from the ring, granting Luce victory.

Luce has won the challenge.

Votecount:
    Cyndarin: Synkarin, Vivet, Sylandra, Krackenor, Yarith, Siam, Ileein, Falmiis, Lavinya, Ssaliss (10)
    Iosion: Luce (1)
    Vivet: Weiwae, Lehki (2)

With 17 voting individuals, 2 in absentia and 1 sick, it's 9 to force someone to leave

The following are a little easier to vote off
    Vivet
    Lehki
    Ssaliss

That's a lynch and then some!

As the day slowly creeps towards night, the group feels the pressure to reach a decision. Someone among them have been sabotaging the reconstruction effort. They need to be found and dealt with. With little information to go on, the group eventually settles on putting pressure on Cyndarin who was fingered by Tamashi, a self-admitted saboteur earlier on. Cyndarin doesn't offer up much of a defense to the pressure. In fact, she seems completely absent-minded as there's no response until it's been decided that she has to go. The group circles around her, Vivet at the front. "Cyndarin, it's been decided that you're to leave the reconstruction efforts. You're not welcome here."

"Hmm?" Cyndarin peers at Vivet and casually shrugs her shoulders. "Aww, really. But I'm not done..." Her voice trails off as her gaze scans the crowd, landing on Ileein. "Hey. Catch!" She cries out, suddenly sending out a flurry of nuts before her. All but Ileein are caught in the sudden barrage of ethereal nuts, leaving them dizzy and unfocused. Quick as lightning, Cyndarin dives through the crowd towards Ileein, only to crash into a sudden barrier that Ileein erects in front of himself. With Cyndarin momentarily stopped, Ileein leaps backwards and conjures up a series of magical missiles which are sent towards Cyndarin. "Guh." She grunts as the barrage knocks her clean across the ground. "I forgot how ridiculously persistent you are."

"Ratatoskr!" Ileein snarls and flicks his arms skywards. Energies of red and brown swirl into an enormous meteor shower that comes flying right towards Cyndarin. "I will stop you!"

"Nu uh. Can't catch me!" Cyndarin giggles as she gathers energy into her. Her body takes on a soft, blueish hue as she leaps skywards, summoning up ghostly images of trees that she can jump between, dodging the meteors as they crash to the ground and leave enormous craters. Ileein leaps up to intercept Cyndarin, but she is prepared. "I'll snap you like a twig." Cyndarin grins as she crashes into Ileein, tossing him to the ground before leaping back to send out another flurry of nuts.

Ileein gropewls as the nuts fly through him, but it's not enough to bring him down. "Clearly you are what you eat, because you're nuts to think you can escape me." He glances towards the ruins and turns tail, running towards it with Cyndarin taking the bait and following him.

"Hah. That's it. Run awaaa" She doesn't get a chance to finish her taunt. As soon as Ileein is by the rubble he picks up a large piece of the foundation and hoists it over his head and down on Cyndarin with enough force that the piece of stone shatters into several pieces, leaving a stunned Cyndarin groaning in pain. Ileein steps into the rubble and pulls Cyndarin out of the mess. With a frown of concentration he pats her down, finding a tiny black serpent which he throws aside. With the Seed of Unknown Form gone, Cyndarin's illusory form becomes that of a tiny squirrel that Ileein hoists up by the tail. "Nooooo." The squirrel whines. "Let me goooo!"

"Sure." Ileein says with a cheeky smirk. He throws the squirrel up into the sky and picks up a wooden beam from the ruins. He uses that beam as a baseball bat, and poor Ratatoskr as the ball, sending him flying straight up into the sky. Ileein frowns as his eyes follow Ratatoskr's trajectory and once he's satisfied Ratatoskr will still land on the temple ground, he turns to the rest of the group gathered there and bows politely. "Thank you all for your assistance in weeding out Ratatoskr." Ileein rubs a finger across his neck and pulls out another small black serpent. As he flicks it away his visage transforms into that of a humanoid ferret. "As I stated earlier, my name is Pollux. I'm a chimaera demon hunter employed by the church to track down and punish Ratatoskr for his crimes. With your help, I've been succesful in my task." He peers about himself at the destruction he's caused. "I... must apologize for the mess. I promise I'll send someone back to help you out later, by way of thanks. But for now I must take my leave." He idly walks towards a seemingly random spot of the temple grounds, where he casually rips open a gap in space. A few moments later, poor Ratatoskr falls from the sky and into the gap. Pollux turns to the rest of the group and gives them one last salute before he too leaps into the gap. The gap closes, and they are both gone, leaving a very confused gathering of people to wonder what just happened.

Cyndarin has been lynched, and has thus lost. Ileein has won!

---

Cyndarin was

Ratatoskr

Congratulations on your victory during the Gods and Monster's mafia. Too bad you've now got Pollux chasing after you, eager to punish you for your lies and misdirection. As if a mortal demon hunter can weed you out. Especially here in Gensokyo where you can't throw a rock without hitting a youkai of some sort. This could be a nice place to rest and recover, but Pollux is very persistent. You did manage to trick him into destroying that Shinto Shrine, but he won't fall for such a distraction next time. You have to take him out, and if you can't take him out on your own... well, you could always rely on your ability to manipulate pretty much everyone.

Your goal is to eliminate Pollux. You win if and only if he is lynched before you.

Trickster of the world tree: You're immune to all eliminations except for lynches. Furthermore, you may target someone at night to steal their vote. Your vote will count for two during the following day, and they will not be able to vote. They will be aware that someone stole their vote. You're immune to all investigations, unless you choose to let yourself be investigated.

Spellcards:
    Ten spheres of the Kabbalah (10): Streamer, 2 day cooldown

Hidden dangers (6): Scatter, No cooldown

Demagogue of chaos (10): Scatter, 2 day cooldown.

---

Ileein was

Pollux

You're not from Touhou aren't you? After Ratatoskr made such a mess of the war between monsters and gods, you tracked the sneaky, lying squirrel to Gensokyo. You cornered him near some old Shinto shrine, where you cast a spell to hopefully take down that little monster once and for all. Unfortunately, magic is a lot more powerful here than you're used to. So you kind of ended up annihilating the whole shrine, while causing so much noise that Ratatoskr managed to slip away. No matter. You can't give up yet. You will bring him to justice.

Your goal is to eliminate Ratatoskr. You win if and only if he is lynched before you.

Demon hunter: You're a man on a mission and can't let something as small as overwhelming magical force stop you. You're immune to all eliminations except for lynches. Furthermore, once per night you may investigate someone, learning their ability and role-name, but not their alignment.

Spellcards:
    Meteor storm (7): Scatter, No cooldown

Spirit of courage (9): Streamer, 1 match cooldown

Orion's Hunting Companion (12): Laser, 3 day cooldown

---

It is now night 2. Night 2 will last until 11:00 GMT or until all night actions have been provided.

Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    (Sorry, I can't resist)

@Ileein

VEA
    VEW
    VVGG

• Dawn is approaching. The results of your night actions will be sent out shortly.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • The day approaches once more and slowly but surely people climb up the stairs to the shrine. Vivet seems to have been there before the sun even came up across the horizon. The last one to arrive is Weiwae, who seems skittish and extremely tired. Everyone is there still, which is enough to make one wonder, are there really any saboteurs at all, or is this all some trick by the demon hunter to make everyone not chase after him for ruining the shrine. At least no one seems to be sick today.

Welcome to Gensokyo's day 3

Today's news:
    Weiwae is stricken with paranoia. It'll take 1 less vote to eliminate him
    Iosion is awake again and has taken back up her old mantle.
    Ushaara is still counted in absentia. If he is not replaced by the end of the day, he will be eliminated.
    The day will last until 13th of October 20:00 GMT.

The copy of Bunbunmaru news is where it's always been.

---
    Long-winded Busybody Annoys Esteemed Reporter While Reconstruction Continues

Loyal readers, I am dreadfully sorry, but due to unavoidable circumstances my report will be a tad truncated tonight. You see, just after I finished my last article and was about to steal off into the night in the wake of Tamashi's onset of insanity, I was met by the rudest person imaginable. She just talked and talked and talked for hours about nothing at all! Maybe she was a fan of the Bunbunmaru? Honestly, I'm not too sure...I stopped listening about two minutes into her diatribe. Seriously though, if you're going to waylay Gensokyo's premier reporter during prime investigative hours, the least you can do is provide me with some decent scoops (she did not).

The sheer nerve of some people!

Alas, by the time I was able to convince this rabid fan to leave me alone, the sun had peaked over the horizon and the rest of the reconstruction crew had begun to stir. And what a day it was! After hours of brutal banter (during which I assume some of the shrine was repaired as well...we do not seem to be the most focused of construction workers) two of Reimu's co-conspirators shed their Seeds of Unknown Form and have abandoned not only the shrine maiden's sordid plot, but this entire universe as well! Farewell, Pollux and Ratatoskr! I'm sure that you will all agree that the intense pressure of my reporting played a key role in making them too nervous to stick around.

None-the-less, loyal readers, night falls once more and it is time to do that which I do best. I intend to creep out of a window this time to avoid any Talkative Tammys, seek out the remainder of Reimu Hakurei's saboteurs, and FORCE them to give me an interview. 

Except this time, I will be the one in control!

Until tomorrow,
    Aya Shameimaru

---

It is now day 3. With 17 voters an 1 in absentia, it's 9 to vote someone off
  • I'll just start off with this then:

@Breandryn! I challenge you to a duel! Hourai's Seven-Coloured Jewel
    @Lavinya! I challenge you to a duel! Control Sign: Toys for Children

The reason for both of these duels is that (as far as I've got recorded, at least) we haven't seen any of their spellcards. As a note, we also haven't seen any of Sylandras spellcards, but since one of mine is on cooldown, I can only challenge two people. (plus, she posted in the absence thread as potentially absent, so...)
    So, nothing happened with me last night, so far as I can tell.

I can only assume that Synkarin and Luce's illnesses were related to Cyndarin stealing their votes on those given days.

Really not sure where to go from here just yet, but I'm interested in hearing from the rest of ya'll.

• Nothing happened to me either. I didn't do anything, and as far as I'm aware, I didn't have anything done to me.
  • Vivet said:

I can only assume that Synkarin and Luce's illnesses were related to Cyndarin stealing their votes on those given days.

That seems reasonable, though I also wonder if Weiwae's paranoia is related or a completely separate power.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Yarith jailed me again. Sounds like the reporter person got roleblocked, too.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Sounds like Aya can report and investigate in a night, so if I had to guess, she got roleblocked the night before and thus reported nothing today. The report we get from her tomorrow will probably include last night's investigation. From the sound of it, Aya sends the report first, then steals off to peak on people.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Currently still have power and internet so checking in.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that @Vivet roleblocked our esteemed reporter?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Synkarin said:
    Sounds like Aya can report and investigate in a night, so if I had to guess, she got roleblocked the night before and thus reported nothing today. The report we get from her tomorrow will probably include last night's investigation. From the sound of it, Aya sends the report first, then steals off to peak on people.
    Aha! So would have to be someone who isn't Vivet, then, as she said she had her roleblocking powers last dayphase.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I also believe that the night before last was when she had lost an ability bet with me.
    Roleblock power. Singular! And I couldn't have performed any actions last night anyways, due to using a day power prior.

Wasn't it Ileein who got roleblocked on night 0? Just trying to establish some sort of mental record.

• He was. The flavor sounds similar too, what with the talkative blocker.
  • I investigated Breandryn cards. She only has one, and seems to be telling the truth about not having any to start with.

That said, @Breandryn I challenge you to a spell card duel with Sunspark! Make it meaningful.

So who sent the mean whispers at me last night?

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Did Weiwae just get a delayed cult conversion?!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Siam said:
    Did Weiwae just get a delayed cult conversion?!
    Not by the sounds of it. I got hit by a "lets make you easier to lynch today" attack.