Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover Edition

Comments

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Ssaliss said:
    Siam said:
    I'd like to know if anyone got Yarith's roleblock hug message last night. If no one was blocked by Yarith on the same night the arsonist nuked 3 folks, Yarith has a lot of explaining to do.
    I already posted about being attacked by a hug-monster. I assume that was Yarith.
    Missed that. Thanks!

Also what are the chances of an arsonist retaining their power after getting converted by a cult? Which win condition will take priority?
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Well, he was on my list of people I'd like to challenge to confirm his power. I'm also thinking that might've been why he self-immolated. If I had dueled him and won and been unable to copy a power, then his whole claim would've gone to the crapper. Also, a doctor claim in this game would've been easy enough to fake, since no one died (so he could've claimed he doctored the people he actually primed).
  • Siam said:
    Ssaliss said:
    Siam said:
    I'd like to know if anyone got Yarith's roleblock hug message last night. If no one was blocked by Yarith on the same night the arsonist nuked 3 folks, Yarith has a lot of explaining to do.
    I already posted about being attacked by a hug-monster. I assume that was Yarith.
    Missed that. Thanks!

Also what are the chances of an arsonist retaining their power after getting converted by a cult? Which win condition will take priority?
    Remember that not everybody was open to being converted by Tamashi. It's likely all of the 3p and other scum were just immune to it.

The biggest thing that bugs me about Falmiis being the Arsonist, is that he was the one suggesting an arsonist from very early on, before anybody else I think, and he kept bringing it up. I can't really see a good reason to do that if you're an arsonist that can secretly mark people.  
  • Lehki said:
    Siam said:
    Ssaliss said:
    Siam said:
    Missed that. Thanks!

Remember that not everybody was open to being converted by Tamashi. It's likely all of the 3p and other scum were just immune to it.

The biggest thing that bugs me about Falmiis being the Arsonist, is that he was the one suggesting an arsonist from very early on, before anybody else I think, and he kept bringing it up. I can't really see a good reason to do that if you're an arsonist that can secretly mark people.  
    Could be laying a cover. We would've noticed very soon that people simply didn't die. In those scenarios, it's likely either an arsonist or a cult, and with the census, we would've noticed it wasn't a cult very quickly. Thus, him pushing for arsonist would be an excellent cover ("But I was the one who pushed that there was an arsonist from the start; why would I do that if I were the arsonist?"). Also, as I said, his claim as a doctor is a pretty weak claim at this point; yes, doctor is a standard power, but in a game with essentially zero kills, why would there be a doctor to start with?
  • Except we know there are other kills. We saw it on Tamashi's coroner report. The recruit not inheriting the recruit power is believable, but not getting the kill either? I just don't see how that could work, it'd be impossible to win.

And my question about kills revealed that there are 4 different types of night kill powers in the game.

• Here is all the information I was able to gather while alive. Any typos are my own.

My spell cards: 
    Celestial Raindance (6): Scatter, No Cooldown
    Sunspark (8): Laser, No Cooldown
    Nondirectional Trap (7): Streamer, No Cooldown

Luce's spellcards: (Night 5)
    Wrath of a woman scorned (10): Scatter. One match cooldown
    Blazing Heart (15): Untyped, Three day cooldown
    Dolls of passion and peace (12): Streamer, One day cooldown

Melali's spellcards: (Night 4)
    Tango for two (7): Scatter. No cooldown
    Drink and be merry (6): Laser, No cooldown
    Saved by the bell (9): Scatter, One match cooldown

Breandryn's spellcards: (night 3)
    I have no idea how this works “Creation Sign” (10): Scatter. 2 day cooldown

Falmiis' spellcards: (night 2)
    Creation sign: Almighty (10): Scatter. 2 day cooldown
    Ruling sign: Order that must be obeyed (5): Streamer. No cooldown
    Lucifer's song (6): Laser. No cooldown

Kalaneya's Spellcards: (night 1)
    Zigzag circle slash (6): Streamer. No cooldown
    Reimu's coming! (10): Scatter. 3 day cooldown
    Storm of wild beasts (7): Scatter. No cooldown

• Speaking of those kills. 

@Vivet, could your 1-shot vig have been used during the night, or was it dayvig only?
  • I can answer that. It can be used both day and night, or at least my copy of it can.
  • I'm out right now and will make a full post when I get home, but I want to make clear that I do not believe in the least that Falmiis is the arsonist and I went as over the top as possible in the report to try and convey that. The fact that he was immolated the same night I mock-accused him is hilarious to me, but ultimately just a coincidence.

I do have a theory though, but that requires a full reveal from me... And that means I need a keyboard :P
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Ssaliss said:
    Oh, right, @Vivet, still up for our experiment?
    Sure. I'll probably just forfeit to keep things moving along.

@Lehki Yes, it could have been used during the night, and it also had mention of bypassing danmaku immunities and doctor protection (implying there is a doctor outside of my one-shot doctor power), but could be avoided by jailing, if I was blocked, or if the target has special elimination immunities (which I think was Pollux/Ratatoskr).

• Okay then!

@Vivet, I challenge you to a duel! Sacrificial Stratagem (unless I mistracked and it doesn't still have its charge)!
  • I find it hard to believe that Fal would take himself out of the game.  While it's possible that it was the result of a mark being misdirected or some kind of sacrificial stratagem, those are pretty edge case possibilities compared to the prospect of media bias, especially given that the role didn't flip.  It is probable that some but not all of the victims gave the arsonist reason to target them but the first night might have been something of a random choice; still, looking for a combination of who was under pressure and who had reason to take at least one of them down would probably be good leads.   With nights 0-4 to mark people and the 5th night to take someone down, there should be five instead of three.  Were the other targets night-kill immune or already dead?  Looking at either gives us different people to look for motive.  With a decreasing number of players, hopefully we'll at least be able to narrow down who we should be experimentally role-blocking or tailing.

The lack of non-arson night-kills worries me a little bit.  My understanding from what people have mentioned about the census is that there are two other scum groups, with the current hypothesis being that one scum group was able to recruit a limited number of town.  If they are not still recruiting, it is strange that nobody is dying to anything but arson and I think we should be considering that the scum have non-standard win conditions (i.e. win by doing something besides outnumbering town through kills or recruitment).  It could be that their win conditions are related to duels.  I remember reading somebody talk about the idea that having to duel everyone was not plausible because it would be too easy to refuse to fight or only fight for exhibition matches, but there was also a role that allowed someone to force people to challenge.  There are also the items in play; it could be that victory involves assembling some kind of collection by repossessing some of the items.  In either case, there's no particular pressure to eliminate members of the town because avoiding the MyLo and LyLo stress reduces the scrutiny on everyone and gives them more time to work towards those conditions. 

In short, I think we should assume the arsonist is still out there, and we need to be vetting people in regards to who seems to be pursuing side-agendas in addition to scum-hunting.
  • My first question about was about how many people are against town I was told that there are 3 groups that are attempting to stop town from winning. I'm pretty sure that equates to the standard outnumber/eliminate the town. Though there is one 3p player still floating around out there, who knows what their goal is. And alright so for the kills, we have the Arsonist, Vivet's one shot, Tamashi's scum kill, and Melali's kill weak people. I feel like somebody else had claimed a kill at some point though? Maybe I'm just thinking of executioner.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I'm currently out of town so I keep checking infrequently but I'll be happy to share my flavor when I'm home tonight. Also to share everything about my role that I hadn't revealed yet (though it seems less useful, being dead).
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Ssaliss said:
    @Kalaneya, did you ever bus Falmiis with anyone? That might explain the self-immolation.
    I did not use my power at all. If there is suspicion of a bus, that means someone stole my power or there is a second driver, which I find hard to believe.
  • Fal most likely is not the arsonist because that burn didn't get the arsonist a win. 
  • Othero said:
    Fal most likely is not the arsonist because that burn didn't get the arsonist a win. 
    I'm waiting on what Krackenor has to say to argue too much about Falmiis being or not being the arsonist (given everyone's claims, I don't exactly discount him from it at this point). I will, however, say that if the arsonist is part of a scum team, then they wouldn't flip until that entire team is out of the picture.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Uh...personal stuff is up with me, please don't expect much of anything from me until the first of November, at least. Thank you for understanding.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    Okay, so.

1) I got no message about anything at night at any time, prior to last night's "lol u arson'd" message.

2) The way I was arson'd was I received an anonymous letter warning me that Marisa was off to find Reimu on her own by going to hell, which is a very dangerous thing indeed for my pupil to undertake alone. So I was like 'bai gaiz' and ran off to find her. (PS: @Weiwae, you were Marisa, right?)

2) I have only taken a night action the night I mocked Weiwae. Otherwise, I did nothing; my mocking power worked either during the dayphase or the nightphase, and I preferred having the dayphase option so I could be more versatile in my choices. You saw the only other time I used it, which was on Othero last dayphase.

3) My Last Words weren't used at any point because they were shockingly anti-town. I probably would have been a fantastic cult convert, between my lynch-affecting abilities of executioner/mockery and my Last Words where if I lost a duel, I could end the dayphase. I really had no reason to use it but in the event someone could read Last Words, I figured it was better to admit to having a Last Words than to pretend I didn't. (See: Ssaliss absorbing my mockery power without my knowledge.)

4) Gentle reminder I've only done two duels: forfeiting to Ssaliss, and being roleblocked by Luce.

5) If Falmiis was the arsonist, he'd have to be on the scum team, because he didn't flip. Has @Falmiis done a full claim yet? He should if he hasn't.

6) Genuinely surprised I got chosen as an arson target instead of a convert. Curious if there's reasoning between picking me, Weiwae, and Falmiis? As I said before, I honestly wouldn't have minded lynching those two, and I can see an argument for wanting to lynch me as well for being a spirit of vengeance, so I'm a bit surprised we were all picked tbh. We're not exactly the squeakiest clean townies.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Pretend that's numbered correctly. I'm tired. T_T
    Daraius said:
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Lehki said:
    My first question about was about how many people are against town I was told that there are 3 groups that are attempting to stop town from winning. I'm pretty sure that equates to the standard outnumber/eliminate the town. Though there is one 3p player still floating around out there, who knows what their goal is. And alright so for the kills, we have the Arsonist, Vivet's one shot, Tamashi's scum kill, and Melali's kill weak people. I feel like somebody else had claimed a kill at some point though? Maybe I'm just thinking of executioner.

Hmm, if those are the only kills then it's hard to see the arsonist as a solo actor, unless one of Melali/Vivet are scum. Were either of them blocked/jailed last night?
  • So it's less of an arsonist  and more a... I have no idea what to call that.
  • I was Shinki, as some people had correctly guessed. It's why I said I am from the Touhou universe but not from Gensokyo.
    Mafia-aligned arsonist?

I think the flavor of this game prevents deaths from being a thing, but it essentially worked like an arsonist power would: removing a lot of people from play.

But yeah I mean, it's possible it was something else?
    Daraius said:
    WAIT. Okay I misread something. Yes.

I can 100% confirm I was offed by the arsonist, as Kiradawea specifically wrote in my message that was how I died.
    Daraius said:
  • I looked to see that Luce was telling the truth about being immune to night kill eliminations, which is true. Then I found out that I was frozen (smothered with snow), presumably by Synkarin, so I can't vote.

Anyway, Falmiis is obviously not the arsonist, since, iirc, he was one of the people who was adamant that there was an arsonist from the beginning (and why would an arsonist draw attention to their own existence), he himself died without flipping, meaning that his mission has neither succeeded nor failed, and that the Town did not suspect hims as an arsonist, giving no visible motive to killing himself. Of course, he might still be scum, since the arsonist may be 3rd party or on the opposing Mafia team, but no one who was killed by the arsonist, was the arsonist.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Also weird is that only three people died to the arsonist. Who did you doctor last night @Falmiis?
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Ssaliss said:
    Okay then!

@Vivet, I challenge you to a duel! Sacrificial Stratagem (unless I mistracked and it doesn't still have its charge)!
    I forfeit. Now let's see what happens.

@Ushaara Don't forget that Lehki commuted last night, so if he was also one of the marked then that might have allowed him to avoid ignition. Would be good to know if anyone was protected last night, though.

• Ok! I am here, and I am ready to talk. As most of you have likely already figured out, I am the intelligent, the beautiful, the tenacious, the fantastic, the discrete, the Gensyoko equivalent to the Pulitzer prize winning, the amazing...

J JONAH JAMES-Er...I mean...

Aya Shameimaru!

Though whoever made the comparison to JJJ earlier was pretty spot on. As far as I can tell, her MO as an investigative reporter in the games is to get to the bottom of the story and break the news no matter what methods are needed and no matter who gets hurt or embarrassed along the way. Her interest here is to find out who is responsible for destroying the Hakurei shrine so that she can bask in the glory of being the first one to...I mean, so that the perpetrator(s) can be brought to justice and their capture reported on in a fair and balanced manner.

My full power is interesting, and can run the gambit from completely worthless to incredibly powerful based on luck and how I utilize it. Every night, I can track and/or watch one or two targets. To clarify (because I had to ask for clarification myself), I can either:
    1. Watch Player A
    2. Track Player A
    3. Watch and Track Player A
    4. Watch Player A and Track Player B
    There are a couple of caveats to this power, however. First, I can't give away this information for 'free'; the first reveal of my findings has to be through the Bunbunmaru so everything I provide is from the previous night. This restriction is lifted immediately after that edition is published since old news isn't valuable anymore.

The second caveat is that I have a wildly active imagination. So long as I only use scenarios 1 or 2 above, I act as a normal tracker/watcher and my findings are accurate. As soon as I try to do two things at once (scenarios 3 and 4) I may begin to read too deeply into things that don't exist and will never get a boring result. Vivet could spend all night singing karaoke by herself and I would be convinced that her secret lover Melali was with her the entire time. Positive results (Player A visited/was visited by Player B) are still received as normal.

Since Night 1, I've been playing it safe and only tracking or watching...not both. My actions have been as follows:
    • Night 1: Blocked (by Ushaara)
    • Night 2: Tracked Sylandra (visited Weiwae)
    • Night 3: Watched Weiwae (visited by Falmiis, later informed that he had been roleblocked)
    • Night 4: Watched Falmiis (visited by himself)
    Night 0, however, I did use my abilities to their full extent and immediately regretted it. Even after observing my targets' comments throughout Day 1 I couldn't say with certainty whether or not my observations were accurate, so I took an educated guess on one in order to spur conversation and sat on the other since I couldn't prove it one way or another.
    • Night 0: Watched Kalaneya (visited by Weiwae and reported upon) and Tracked Iosion/Zitto (visited Weiwae)
    This is where the theory crafting comes into play. While the Kalaneya/Weiwae visit has been admitted to, I still cannot confirm whether or not Iosion visited Weiwae. BUT, there a few details to keep in mind:
    1. Iosion potentially visited Weiwae on Night 0
    2. Weiwae died in last night's conflagration
    3. Only 3 people died in the fire; as others have noted, that seems low given the length of the game so far.
    4. Iosion was absent for multiple game days before he was replaced by Zitto.
    5. Falmiis CANNOT be the arsonist since he visited Weiwae on Night 3 but was roleblocked, then protected himself Night 4, then died Night 5. If Weiwae had only been visited by Falmiis on Night 3, he (Weiwae) would not have died, and I don't see why the arson would visit somebody who had already been marked.
    With that in mind, I think it rather likely that our arson is Zitto and will Vote: Zitto accordingly.
    Oooo! Zitto didn't claim a night power either, did he?
    Daraius said: