Simple Ideas

Comments

• Eritheyl said:
    em pokes ^luggage
    You have emoted: Eritheyl pokes a carved pile of luggage.

It's a thing!
    :O And here I thought that only worked on people! I tried it with objects before and it didn't work. Sweeeeeeeet.
  • Reyqae said:
    Eritheyl said:
    em pokes ^luggage

It's a thing!
    :O And here I thought that only worked on people! I tried it with objects before and it didn't work. Sweeeeeeeet.
    I'm pretty sure it wasn't a thing before today, I remember it not working with anything I tried (including the carat). Maybe helpful coder saw it and decided to add it in; there's nothing in the help file that mentions it, either.
    Email:        el.ni93@hotmail.com
    Discord:    Rey#1460
  • Reylari said:
    Reyqae said:
    Eritheyl said:
    em pokes ^luggage

It's a thing!
    I'm pretty sure it wasn't a thing before today, I remember it not working with anything I tried (including the carat). Maybe helpful coder saw it and decided to add it in; there's nothing in the help file that mentions it, either.
    See CHANGELOG 607
  • I'm not sure if more auctions are happening this month, but if there are -- @Estarra, maybe consider making them alternate ending around various people's prime times (I guess this one was Philippines?), and maybe post some kind of reminder when it's less than 24 hours before they end.

These last auctions were so low-key with an odd end-time - it seems like everything sold for way less than it is worth.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    It might be that people have been dumping a lot of gold into other things before the auctions started too (I know several that complained about making such decisions and regretting it). I pushed a few bids early on expecting it to ram up a -lot-, and put 11 million on the Drums. No way did I expect it to go to me for as little as it did.

That said, also felt weird to have it end at around 7am for me. I know I was planning to be awake for it, but have been developing the sniffles and just slept right through it. Figured I would be outbid. Nope.

• Talan said:
    I'm not sure if more auctions are happening this month, but if there are -- @Estarra, maybe consider making them alternate ending around various people's prime times (I guess this one was Philippines?), and maybe post some kind of reminder when it's less than 24 hours before they end.

These last auctions were so low-key with an odd end-time - it seems like everything sold for way less than it is worth.
    The announce post made it seem like there were going to be auctions every week.
  • I'd maybe buy credits to sell if I won something, but I don't want to sit around with millions of gold if I lose.
  • edited January 2017
    And triple the damage, so people stop taking them below motes. Or you can't crit them. Either works, I guess.
    Email:        el.ni93@hotmail.com
    Discord:    Rey#1460
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Can we move away from the archaic system of keys and locks in Prime territory shops? I just don't understand the reasoning for it. Clearly we can do better, as seen with aethershops...it's just so unwieldy from every aspect on the home front.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • What will the keysmith do?
    The playa you love to hate
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Cry.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Make the system send you a message when you get a divine (dis)favor, even if you're online. 

Also, feel free to add a setup where a divine can list a reason if they want, so you know why you gained said favor.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I hesitate to call these simple ideas, because I'm not a coder:

* SORT ARTEFACTS - toggles artifact list into alphabetical/id order
    * SORT DOLLS - toggles doll list into alphabetical/id order
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I'd almost prefer artifacts be in categorical order with alpha as the second key. That way all the combat arties are listed together, then the influence arties, then trade, then utility, etc.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Expand the Mountains of Madness. As it seems earwort is now the only cure for deafness, and keeping in mind all the mobs that can cause deafness, Earth is just -too tiny-.
  • Make unranked people/under level 30s not be targeted by hostile event mobs.

We did it with thelmores so can we like make it a standard policy for when we leave hostile mobs running around. That we take into account the novices and newbies in the communes/cities.

• AB TAILORING SHRED

A skilled Tailor can ruin an item of clothing, reducing its lifespan and its prestige to the first tawdry level.

Tawdry clothes are way too scarce, and currently take RL months to make.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    An idea for the Chancellors of Cities and Communes...

Perhaps a command for the Chancellor that lets them look at a shops wares in their home city or commune (could be a command like CITY LEDGER Celest_shop1 for example to display all the current wares that shop is stocking, without needing to be IN the shop. 

(Disclaimer: I actually don't mind the role - I just thought it might be a way of making things more streamlined for auditing)
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • One outcome of Astral insanity is that your character does things that you have to weave into your RP. The random tells don't currently help towards that (e.g., A black and white seagull tells you, "My love! Eneiran forgives a simple house maid.").

How about changing it so that on these ticks you rather send a crazy tell to a random online person. Could even include gods in the list of potential recipients. could drive some interesting interactions.
  • edited January 2017
    Insanity is an absurd mechanic. I personally hate it. It is so OOC and immersion breaking I find it weird that it is a mechanic.
  • Breandryn said:
    Insanity is an absurd mechanic. I personally hate it. It is so OOC and immersion breaking I find it weird that it is a mechanic.
    I feel like you're in a bad mood / rail against Lusternia mood today.

Might I offer you a hug?
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • Breandryn said:
    My understanding is that it was implemented partially to speedbump people looping Astral all day. It also keeps the price of sparkleberries high. I am in favour of it for both of these reasons.
  • edited January 2017
    Ciaran said:
    Breandryn said:
    I feel like you're in a bad mood / rail against Lusternia mood today.

Might I offer you a hug?
    Hey so people can have bad days and It's entirely possible to point that out (for funsies I guess?) without being a dick. This doesn't negate or delete anything I've posted (because I do stand by that).

I will also add my hate of top tier folks just turning up and winning fucking everything. Like, the fucking Ashtariel event - I'm sorry, but this event was a great example of admin just....I dunno. 

So Gaudiguch worked our butts off with said event arc. I not only put my character out there, Steingrim had me drinking poteen nonstop until I got the offering buff....and then bought me so much esteem. On top of this, I prayed to all the gods I could think of. I did all I could think of to participate. I wrote poems, I made special socks, we all did our part.

And then admin gave the event to @ixion. I mean I like ixion, who doesn't...but wtf? This just was thrown at us as Gaudiguch to accept? This is bullshit and lame. Our city events shouldn't be determined by external members. We shouldn't be backseat to major org events. A Gaudiguch event should not be finished up by a Magnagoran - it's left a very bad taste in many mouths. We have no closure and no real resolution - was Ashtariel lost? Is she dead? Who knows? Who cares? Nobody, now.

And that is probably the worst legacy of ashtariel - Nobody cares because we can't spend the time and energy to.

• edited January 2017
    He's actually being kinda nice here, compared to his usual retorts that people complain too much. Insanity was put in for a reason, it sucks, but was necessary. If you can suggest abother way to go about this and still have the theme (exposure to Soulless drives people insane) and it makes sense in The Vision, maybe it will be implemented one day.

Edit: I just defended Ciaran, I must be grief riddled.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• It's easy to fix insanity - just make it command block and remove the OOC dross?
  • I don't see what's OOC about it. It's only OOC because it's repetitive. A real markov-bot generated set of gibberish would be perfectly IC, but if the admin don't want to implement that, and just came up with a set of pre-written sentences randomly generated, I really don't see the problem.

There is literally zero OOC references in all the insanity tells.

• Doing stupid emotes isn't ooc. It's like a physical tick your literally insane and unable to control yourself. 

Love or hate insanity it's all perfectly IC.

S to your other complaints I feel that. There does feel like some favouritism given to some established individuals or guilds at the expense of the whole.