The Elder Wars Mafia! Morgfyre and Malmydia Win! (Lavinya/Ushaara)

Comments

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I was trying to get a soft claim to fly under the radar, but apparently the radar is tuned for subterranean use. 

I'd prefer a Breandryn lynch for the reasons previously stated and Selenity's reasoning, plus the fact that she was another of the big pushers for the Weiwae train.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    I'd maintain that the best chance of lynching a Soulless is picking someone from my lynch train. And for me, I still think the best choice is Breandryn.

Breandryn's argument against Weiwae is essentially impossible to defend, and I can see why he is frustrated (if he is indeed town). Paraphrasing.... "It's subtle, but it feels like he's trying to establish himself as a townie."

Absolutely. It's certainly possible that that is what he is doing. But it's also impossible to distinguish such behaviour from the motivations of a true townie trying to prevent the lynching of someone else he believes to be town. And there is no possible defence to Breandryn's accusation, which just leads to further frustration when the pressure builds against you.

So he may not have articulated things well and has possibly misrepresented things, but when you have gotten as entrenched in an argument as he has with Sylandra/Breandryn and become exasperated, I don't think anyone argues well.

But with Luce's claim, I do believe Weiwae will be a mislynch.

If Breandryn is scum, must applaud, voting Weiwae was excellent play.

---

Otherwise, I am enjoying the thought that this must have been exactly what the "real" Traitor witchhunt of the Elder Wars was like...

@Estarra Please release the Lost Book of Aranoiap that details all the misfires, mislynches and banishments that took place before the Twelve were eventually identified.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Ushaara said:
    I'd maintain that the best chance of lynching a Soulless is picking someone from my lynch train. And for me, I still think the best choice is Breandryn.

Breandryn's argument against Weiwae is essentially impossible to defend, and I can see why he is frustrated (if he is indeed town). Paraphrasing.... "It's subtle, but it feels like he's trying to establish himself as a townie."

Absolutely. It's certainly possible that that is what he is doing. But it's also impossible to distinguish such behaviour from the motivations of a true townie trying to prevent the lynching of someone else he believes to be town. And there is no possible defence to Breandryn's accusation, which just leads to further frustration when the pressure builds against you.

So he may not have articulated things well and has possibly misrepresented things, but when you have gotten as entrenched in an argument as he has with Sylandra/Breandryn and become exasperated, I don't think anyone argues well.

But with Luce's claim, I do believe Weiwae will be a mislynch.

If Breandryn is scum, must applaud, voting Weiwae was excellent play.

---

Otherwise, I am enjoying the thought that this must have been exactly what the "real" Traitor witchhunt of the Elder Wars was like...

@Estarra Please release the Lost Book of Aranoiap that details all the misfires, mislynches and banishments that took place before the Twelve were eventually identified.
    It's also possible all 3 of these people are town. There's a few people who haven't been accused today that I'm quietly putting together in a list in the back of my mind, and would want to pressure tomorrow depending on how people flip.

If anything, today's events are going to inform a lot of night actions. We'll definitely have a much better shot of figuring out scum tomorrow, I think, no matter what.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    People currently without a vote:

1. @Lavinya
    2. @Lehki
    3. @Xeii
    4. @Dylara
    5. @Phoebus
    6. @Portius
    7. @Shaddus

Hi guys, please vote. :D
    Phoebus voted Weiwae.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Sylandra said:
    Phoebus voted Weiwae.
    This is why sick people should not do math.

I have been consistently one or more off with these adding things up stuffs.

Sorry @Phoebus. ilu <3
    And @Ssaliss should probably update his. Don't think anyone else will be voting Sylandra today.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    @Weiwae yes - Silvanus had neglected to include the win condition on my role sheet so I was just presuming traitors. After the grilling started I went back to double check my own win condition, realised it was missing and asked Silvanus to clarify it for me. I didn't misread, it just didn't exist  and I hadn't thought anything of it until it was suddenly a big point of contention. I win when the Soulless have been defeated. I don't know if mod confirmation would be too meta or not. It does remind me though how last game I was convinced celina was lying about having night text saying nothing happened when I got no text for the same thing. 

I Unvoted in light of Luce's post (and was snipped again while typing, sorry I went to bed and didn't see the question until Vivet poked me) but I will support a majority. We need some real evidence from a flip. A no lynch doesn't help us at all, so I absolutely will vote. If most people would still like to vote Weiwae I am ok with it, I also am ok voting Breandryn.

• Ushaara said:
    And @Ssaliss should probably update his. Don't think anyone else will be voting Sylandra today.
    Yeah, I've been thinking the same thing. If the choice comes down between Weiwae and Breandryn... hng. I'd probably prefer Breandryn, but I don't really have a very strong argument for it. It's simply that between Weiwae and Breandryn, I believe Breandryn is the least likely to be town. If it weren't in the final parts of the day, I'd stay on Sylandra a bit longer (which, essentially, is a no-lynch vote), but I'd much prefer a lynch to a no-lynch.

So, without further ado, I shall

Vote: Breandryn

(also, on sleeping meds, so sorry for any unintended rambling. I would've preferred to have another 24 hours to go so that I could look at things more closely, but I'm not sure how long we have left)
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Sylandra said:
    It's not clear what it is you're defending Weiwae with. Mason? Investigator? Idk. Either way, his circular posting style is something I think town is better off without.
    This and the undertones of a defeatist attitude are what's bothering me the most right now, to the point where it's making me not want to unvote because then I feel like I'd be "rewarding" that brand of behaviour. However, I have to admit, some of this might be reflective of Weiwae taking what works in Vengeance and trying to make it work on a forums format game - some of which will work pretty well, and some of which will not work at all.

The greater degree of investment Luce is showing in this is the one thing that makes me feel like backing down is a good idea. This would be more troubling if we were late-game, but it is quite early (and with only one death thus far). There is a lot more time for Luce/Weiwae to get themselves strung up again if they are scum, and if they're town we're permitting more time for evidence and supporting information to anchor itself.

Breandryn really needs to start talking more again. Perhaps it is merely she hasn't had the time, but Weiwae and Ushaara have both been more invested in defending themselves.

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Someone with an excess of free time should tally up a current votecount.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
    Portius said:
    Someone with an excess of free time should tally up a current votecount.
    I would offer to do it again but I'd probably miss about 50 of the votes.

In a 20 person game with 19 people left.
    I have mafia addiction so I'mma do this. Pretty sure it's accurate.

Vote Count, Day Two:

Ushaara - Yomoigu, Luce (2)

Breadryn - Selenity, Ushaara, Weiwae, Ssaliss (4)

Weiwae - Phoebus, Tremula, Sylandra, Vivet, Fyler, Othero (5)
    Daraius said:
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    edited March 2017

2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    Sylandra said:

Vote Count, Day Two:

Ushaara - Yomoigu, Luce (2)

Breandryn - Selenity, Ushaara, Weiwae, Ssaliss (4)

Weiwae - Phoebus, Tremula, Sylandra, Vivet, Fyler, Othero (6)
    Fixed, forgot to adjust numbers for Weiwae and I spelled Breandryn wrong.
    Daraius said:
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I switched to a Breandryn vote a while back
    Luce switched to Breandryn back on pg 19
    Sylandra said:
    Sylandra said:

Vote Count, Day Two:

Ushaara - Yomoigu (1)

Breandryn - Selenity, Ushaara, Weiwae, Ssaliss, Luce (5)

FIXED AGAIN. Luce is now choo-chooing in the right place.
    Daraius said:
    Sylandra said:
    Sylandra said:
    Sylandra said:

Vote Count, Day Two:

Ushaara - Yomoigu (1)

FIXED AGAIN. Luce is now choo-chooing in the right place.
    Glad I'm not the only one failing at math right now.
    edited March 2017
    Vote Count, Day Two:

Ushaara - Yomoigu, (1)

Weiwae - Fyler, Phoebus, Tremula, Sylandra, Vivet, Othero (6)

It takes 10 to lynch! 

On mobile sorry for quote boxes.
    Still on mobile.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • unvote
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
    Sounds like more people on the Weiwae train are willing to switch to Breandryn than vice-versa. Putting my trust in y'all.

Unvote

Daraius said:
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    What Sylandra said. I'm not convinced that this is the best lynch, but I am pretty convinced that it's the only lynch that will actually happen.

Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Well, I'm home from class. It looks like the lynch train is swinging over to Breandryn. Can someone refresh my memory on why there's a train on her, again? Was she just another person stuck on the wrong end of a baffling Weiwae back-and-forth, or was there actually anything of substance there? Why would you rather vote for Breandryn than Ushaara, if you aren't doing Weiwae? I want to hear people say it just so I actually see the coherent argument for it right in front of me.
    Phoebus said:
    Well, I'm home from class. It looks like the lynch train is swinging over to Breandryn. Can someone refresh my memory on why there's a train on her, again? Was she just another person stuck on the wrong end of a baffling Weiwae back-and-forth, or was there actually anything of substance there? Why would you rather vote for Breandryn than Ushaara, if you aren't doing Weiwae? I want to hear people say it just so I actually see the coherent argument for it right in front of me.
    Page 19 has two posts from myself and Ushaara as to why to vote for Breandryn. They're rather large visually, though if you'd rather I quote them for you, I could.
  • Unvote

Yeah, I'm unconvinced of this lynch but someone needs to be lynched.

@Phoebus
    I personally prefer Breandryn over Ushaara because I still think Ushaara doesn't actually get us any new info.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Well, my point mostly was to hear from people who haven't really given any reasons for it themselves. I kind of wanted to know if they knew what they were voting for, beyond "it's the train and I'm going to jump on it."
    Oh, I'm shamelessly train-jumping. I would prefer Ushaara or Weiwae but I prefer lynch over no-lynch. That's my take.
    Daraius said:
  • Personally, I can't think of a good reason why it has to be Breandryn, among the people who haven't claimed yet. Not sure what significant stuff we can gain from lynching her, either, as opposed to lynching Ushaara, or Weiwae, which might tell us something about Luce as well. Still, agreeing with @Othero's point that an Ushaara lynch won't get us anything new, and I'm not inclined to doubt Luce's claim for the present.

"May this be the first of many new experiences for you, Heart of the Crescendo," Czixi says, smile quirking. "The future is an exciting place."

https://estelss16.deviantart.com/, visit if interested.
    That is 9 votes on her.