Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Shaddus said:
    The following bit is in spoilers for a reason.
    To be fair, stupid people are attracted to all orgs. We've had some people recently asking questions that were in newsposts that had gone up earlier that day. They simply don't pay attention or seemingly care for the bigger picture.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• rofl, people have even commented how it doesn't ever cure head wounds and such things. Matters none at this stage, but thought I'd point that out.
  • Gaudiguch has had an influx of idiots lately, and they all seem to be newbies that hang around for a day or two, then go away... then there's another newbie that comes around and is the exact same way.

It also doesn't help when a few people encourage this type of behaviour.

Hopefully when school starts these morons will be gone.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Ardmore said:
    Gaudiguch has had an influx of idiots lately, and they all seem to be newbies that hang around for a day or two, then go away... then there's another newbie that comes around and is the exact same way.

It also doesn't help when a few people encourage this type of behaviour.

Hopefully when school starts these morons will be gone.
    I think Halli is sending their novices to you, and you're sending your novices to them. It's a vicious cycle.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    edited January 2014
    I'm serious, we have been getting a lot of kids lately in Hallifax who think it's "research" to hang out at the Flame to "study their enemies". I even had a kid ask me if I wanted to share his weed pipe with him. A Sentinel, no less. 

NO. JUST NO.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Shaddus said:
    I'm serious, we have been getting a lot of kids lately in Hallifax who think it's "research" to hang out at the Flame to "study their enemies". I even had a kid ask me if I wanted to share his weed pipe with him. A Sentinel, no less. 

NO. JUST NO.
    Just hand them over to meanie Elanorwen... I'll smack them up nicely when they misbehave like that. :P

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    I say we take all of these illy behaved novices and put them on astral.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I hear there's plenty of lobstrosities on astral still...

• You folks have been having trouble with novices lately? Odd, I've been finding ours to be sweet as sugar. ... If a bit directionally disabled. Just how big IS the Celestines' guildhall, anyway?
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    One of our novices even chose Aquachem. I feel so bad for them, but work and stuff have made me unable to sit them down and give them the talk.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    edited January 2014
    I'm kind of iffy on the Chem thing. Like, for people who are always around (like myself), it's good to be able to use it to support the melder (me), but geomancy synergize so well off each others melds it's just not worth it.
    Neos said:
    One of our novices even chose Aquachem. I feel so bad for them, but work and stuff have made me unable to sit them down and give them the talk.
    It's ok, just sit them in a room with @Tridemon and he can scare them to death with his many experiences with Chem.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Neos said:
    I know that feeling. I had an Aero novice come in recently who seems like a true newbie and wanted to be my protege and learn Aerochem from me. As a person who does Aerochem solely for the RPs (and for our awesome future laser), I tried my hardest to nudge him towards normal Aeromancy. I mean, Mal was flattered, but I was [screaming internally].

I ended up buying most of the silver/cloudmarbles he'd need to be functional, out of pity. And because I wanted him to stay. Every novice counts!

I no longer trust a single novice. There's many novices playing dumb that are in fact alts. You know who you are.  >:P
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Caerlyr said:
    rofl, people have even commented how it doesn't ever cure head wounds and such things. Matters none at this stage, but thought I'd point that out.
    Again, feel free to provide logs to Vadi demonstrating it not curing head wounds. I'm willing to bet it is once again a priority issue (just as it is with illuminati and you) and a really easy adjustment to the system to fix.

Also, please refrain from making comments without hard evidence, a lot of hard work has been done to make this system be quite successful, if there is an error, provide the log and if a problem is pinpointed, it'll be fixed.

Part of the benefit of having a system that is so flexible and customizable is that sometimes priorities get mixed up unintentionally when fiddling with it. I've had my fair share of mistakes with prios.

For instance, I've sparred Shuyin, Feyda, and Rolan all recently, and I haven't been completely locked down and unable to fight. I've been able to attack plenty, even if I still ended up losing, it wasn't because I was 'completely shut down'

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    It's also entirely possible that you were completly locked down... but it was due to some Lusternia-side bug that hasn't come up yet.
    Vadi's cures wounds just fine. Occasionally you'll actually have to check wounds, just like you occasionally have to diagnose..but that shouldn't be an issue.
    I LOVE peanut butter
    Caffiene, check. Munchies, check. Absolutely no reason to be up at the crack of dawn tomorrow, check.

Doomplot 2014, with your terrible for EU times, I'm ready!

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Morkarion said:
    Caffiene, check. Munchies, check. Absolutely no reason to be up at the crack of dawn tomorrow, check.

Doomplot 2014, with your terrible for EU times, I'm ready!
    Should have been done on Fri-Sat considering the times, but eh... :/

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Of course this happens right when my college boots up, and I picked afternoon classes...  ... and I'm free on fridays. Bah.
    Marcella said:
    Of course this happens right when my college boots up, and I picked afternoon classes...  ... and I'm free on fridays. Bah.
    I'd like to take this moment to thank my college for doing something right for a change, and allowing me to return to classes on January 27th.
    The time isn't always going to fit everyone, but the fact we got a heads up this year is pretty awesome. <3 to @Estarra for doing that.

Not to hog the Tweets, but this one's bugged me for a while. Is it just me or are there people that have no capability to distinguish between a player and a character? For example: Disliking a person because their character is in X org.

Certainly, character to character it makes sense to have that kind of prejudice, but there is a lot of pointless animosity in a game with such a small playerbase, and for really stupid reasons.

FWIW, I don't hate any of you, I dislike a few people and I'm sure that's mutual, but I certainly hold nothing against people for the actions of their character.

Daraius said:
    I just judge everyone based on their forum avatars.
    So you are a dog wearing a tux, then, yes?

On the internet, everybody knows you're a dog.
  • That brief period of 'Oh, shit' when the archangels refused to die for about 3 minutes. I was not expecting that one to tank two annihilating criticals and still keep going.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.

• Daraius said:
    I just judge everyone based on their forum avatars.
    I'm amused that Morkarion has changed his avatar since this post was made.
    The Necromentate's mind opens to you, and a grotesque, demonic figure appears in your mind's eye, screaming in torment:
    "THE DEMON LORDS CAN NEVER TRULY BE KILLED - GREAT IS THEIR POWER."

You shock a platinum-coloured geomycus with tales of terror bestowed on villages who don't follow Magnagora.
    A platinum-coloured geomycus slaps her knee and declares that, by the gods, Ptoma Hive should follow the Grand Empire of Magnagora after all!
    Shouts rise up from Ptoma Hive, as its denizens loudly pledge themselves to the Grand Empire of Magnagora.

This discussion has been closed.