Simple Ideas

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    That is not reducing the gap, if it will still stack with the curios. It will just make an even larger gap (people without genies will get more health, sure, but people with genies will get an even larger boost).
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    edited March 2014
    Did you see the point where I said it won't stack with the curios?

Edit: I even edited in that line 3 minutes before your post reply.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

Sure didn't, because I hit reply before you edited. If you edit, you can't expect someone replying to have seen it.

You know I am on my phone at work, it is not like I am pounding out my forum posts in 10 seconds.
    edited March 2014
    Then I go back to my original point. Rework Karma Life so it's more beneficial for the have nots without stacking for those who have.

Edit: And if you're going to disagree with it, at least give a reason why, you state how you hate it when people do that.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

Morkarion said:

Then I go back to my original point. Rework Karma Life so it's more beneficial for the have nots without stacking for those who have.

Edit: And if you're going to disagree with it, at least give a reason why, you state how you hate it when people do that.

I will happily explain!

Do you remember complaining about Iasmos flagging posts for no reason, except that he disliked them?

Guess what? You just did exactly what you always complained about him doing. There is absolutely nothing in my post to disagree with. It is factually accurate; if they stack, the gap will widen. You were simply offended that someone posted the statement and so you clicked the flag.

On the other hand, I have always had a policy neverflagging on these forums unless the individual flags me (especially when they do so unreasonably). If you had not decided to turn the discussion into a flag war my response would have been very different.
    edited March 2014
    Not really, I disagreed your post because it went against my edit, where I specifically stated they wouldn't stack, then explained why I disagreed in my reply.

"So I'm thinking this should be buffed. Oh and it shouldn't stack with this."

"But no, that's bad because if they stack they'd be too strong."

Ok granted you posted slow from a phone, you still had how long to read back and edit afterwards?

You just disagreed posts out of petty spite there, the fact you stated you don't disagree with the content is clear enough. Also, a flag war would have had me going through everything you've just posted and disagreeing with all your replies, not just disagreeing with one post that is something I disagree with for clear and obvious reasons. Anyway now we're just going off topic, which is a whole new flag in itself.

Edit: And so you don't continue your petty flag warring, though I disagree with your above post for reasons I've just outlined, I'll avoid flagging it so you don't take this even further off topic.

So, do you actually have a reason to disagree with the suggestion to change Karma Life so it benefits people who weren't privileged enough to afford a set of curios that give a significant advantage, and making it so it also is more useful when combined with throne for them, while all the while making it so that it doesn't stack with the Red curio set?

Morkarion said:

Not really, I disagreed your post because it went against my edit, where I specifically stated they wouldn't stack, then explained why I disagreed in my reply.

"So I'm thinking this should be buffed. Oh and it shouldn't stack with this."

"But no, that's bad because if they stack they'd be too strong."

Ok granted you posted slow from a phone, you still had how long to read back and edit afterwards?

I hit post comment and went back to work. Why, pray tell, would I want to go back and read a post I had already read? There is no "so and so has just edited their post" notification and I had no expectation that you would have edited it. It looked like a complete post, and it was responded to as such.

And yes. You disagreed with me out of spite because I dared raise a concern (a legitimate one, one that you even agreed with in your edit), so I flagged you back. I have done this since we migrated to these forums, so I am unsure why you are surprised (unless you just were not expecting to be called out on it).
  • Agreed. I'd love it if none of the health buffs stacked... so no throne+blessing either.

Heck, I'd even say extend this to the artifact, but odds are that'd make one heck of a mess :D
    Ssaliss said:

Agreed. I'd love it if none of the health buffs stacked... so no throne+blessing either.

Heck, I'd even say extend this to the artifact, but odds are that'd make one heck of a mess :D

It would devalue the artifact a lot (why buy it if you can just get Throne?). A lot of the PvE is based around getting high health as well, so doing a blanket change for all other health stacking would cause a bit of a mess itself (especially for classes with low DMP).
  • I really, truly cannot click the Agree button enough.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
    Iasmos said:

Better idea: take away all buffs and benefits given by curios.*

*Alternatively, take away all buffs not given through a skill or artifact. We have 6,000 buffs too many.
    Strangely, this is already happening through the overhaul; buff stacking will be curtailed. I have not heard much on this in a while though.
    edited March 2014
    Wasn't it that you get x number of levels of HME bonus? Say you could max out at 5/5, Life runes added 1,2,3 respectively, curios would probably be 1 and throne maybe 1 (or was it Throne as 2, and Divine blessings as 1)?

The whole point was artifacts are a reliable way to max out, but there'd be other means for players to do so through in game quests and blessings.

It is not quite that, but close. For example, you could have 3 abilities that add 1 level of health to a max of 2; in this case you would only get 2 levels of health increase. This way, they can have a plethora of buffs, but they just will not stack to the max on a regular basis.

However, yes, artifacts would let you go above the lower caps (up to the maximum).

Certain skills and abilities might also have an "up to level 5" cap, but I imagine they would keep that for the things that they want to be very strong / desireable.
    edited March 2014
    Pretty sure with the proposed base health/mana/ego levels tied to class as opposed to race, certain buffs would be removed. Surge/Illdrain and the like.

Though I will miss my 19.5k HP Illithoid. It's nice to have god health, utterly useless in PK because no balance bonus worth a damn, but nice for PvE tanking.

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    edited March 2014
    Remove the majority of buff stacking as it is. I remember all the complaints about how the throne is too strong - yet it stacks with other things? The Morgfyre quest was nerfed for this reason - very strong buff that stacked, and was thus whored out continuously essentially making it a buff available to one. I don't mind the idea of buffs. I get them sometimes. But making people pick and choose because they don't stack could be good. You want the guarantee of getting a buff? Buy curious. Broke but want some extra health to play with? Go get a blessing or for a bigger boost do a quest and hope no one has beat you to it. Seems much fairer to me than compensating with MORE buffs.

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    edited March 2014
    I wonder if anyone has tested perform drunkard with backstage say... and if yes, is backstage say affected, because it totally should be!

EDIT: After testing, it apparently does affect backstage say. Woo!

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Oh oh, and 'hood' or as an alternative to hat. 
  • Allow the Great Rune of Spatial Expansion to be attached to healing scrolls
    Will you still love me when I am no longer young and fergalicious?
  • edited March 2014
    Dynami said:
    Allow the Great Rune of Spatial Expansion to be attached to healing scrolls
    It won't make them permanent, but you can attach a regulator (tinkering) and then it will draw from your cube without needing to be recharged. It solves the getting more charges part of things, at least.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    I love regulators. 
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

There needs to be a Divine to Mortal translation guide in this game in the same way you can buy phrasebooks before going on holiday.

That or some form of salve to cure the many micro cuts caused by confused headscratching after such interactions.

Morkarion said:
    There needs to be a Divine to Mortal translation guide in this game in the same way you can buy phrasebooks before going on holiday.

That or some form of salve to cure the many micro cuts caused by confused headscratching after such interactions.
    There would need to be a different manual for each Divine; Viravain and Nocht are completely different from, say, Shikari.  Then you have Mysrai...
    edited March 2014
    Xenthos said:
    Morkarion said:

There would need to be a different manual for each Divine; Viravain and Nocht are completely different from, say, Shikari.  Then you have Mysrai...
    Same way there's different phrasebooks for individual languages.

The syntax would be easy enough just add a ? mark at the end for example:

HELP MYSRAI?

Edit: This is somewhat tongue in cheek, but I can imagine someone completely misunderstanding a divine and giant cries of "NOOOO!" can be heard across the world as comically misinterpreted shenanigans occur.