Real World Raves

Comments

• ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Unrelated to the above:

This too shall pass.

A big rave for impermanence.
  • A wonderful rave to my students for showing amazing progress in behavior right before standardized testing begins.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Best... april fools joke... ever...

If you have google maps on your android device or iphone, you can search for and "catch" pokemon - for example pikachu is at tokyo tower, while raichu is at weta workshops in wellington, NZ :p
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • Marcella said:
    Adblock is horrible. :(
    Unless you are trying to make money with online ads, why the hate? I cringe whenever I see the internet with ads on it. 
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Well played. We had actual power failure at work this morning. And everyone was like "this is a joke" but it turns out the surrounding houses were also out of power. I wonder if someone at the power company is randomly shutting off blocks for giggles. 
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Morkarion said:
    Get to work. Find out they ACTUALLY HAD internet failure about two minutes after I texted. They were settled in for the long haul of 24 hours without a till when it cane back on before I arrived. My boss's face when I told her I made it up..
    You're a prophet.
    Stangmar - Retired

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    I honestly couldn't believe my luck, it made the whole prank go from potential wind up to totally believable.

When I got into work (early) and mumbled about how my internet at home was already down, and my boss went "Oh it's been here once, guess we'll lose it again soon" I couldn't believe my luck.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.

SO after returning my Lenovo Thinkpad because it didn't have the performance I really wanted, I had settled on a Macbook. However, after many, many reviews and discussions, I've ordered my Lenovo Ideapad! I'm on my way back to Lusternia!

It'll be a bit longer since the delivery time is not as short as I would like.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Just got Yuna's good-bye sphere. It breaks me every time. :((
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Celina said:

SO after returning my Lenovo Thinkpad because it didn't have the performance I really wanted, I had settled on a Macbook. However, after many, many reviews and discussions, I've ordered my Lenovo Ideapad! I'm on my way back to Lusternia!

It'll be a bit longer since the delivery time is not as short as I would like.

I avoided the IdeaPad because the reviews said they aren't as well built as the ThinkPad. Bought an Asus instead.
    Stangmar - Retired

• First thousand words done for Camp NaNo. 

Also, major rave for Scrivener. The BEST software I've ever come across. I will be buying this in May. Ho man. Research, note cards, citations, chapter folders, flexibility. In one place. One damn UI. @.@ my new best friend. Also, you can upload pdf files and export pdf files. Awwwww yiss. Best thing.
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  • Adblock is terrible because any sites that you enjoy, you are not supporting them at all. They live off those ads. By not getting them, you're depriving them of income that they could have to keep the site going. If everyone used adblock, the site wouldn't exist anymore. It's like a public service thing. They're not TOO terrible, honestly.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I just use flashblock.  I don't mind ads on websites.  But the people who run, and who created, those stupid flash ads belong in a special hell, filled with child molesters and people who talk at the theater.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    It's not built like the Thinkpad but the Thinkpad is a business computer and useless to me.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Marcella said:
    Adblock is terrible because any sites that you enjoy, you are not supporting them at all. They live off those ads. By not getting them, you're depriving them of income that they could have to keep the site going. If everyone used adblock, the site wouldn't exist anymore. It's like a public service thing. They're not TOO terrible, honestly.
    I only use adblock on sites that push the ads WAY too far, to the point of being like a TV show - An advert at the start, a mid-roll commercial, another ad at the end, plus pop-up ads throughout the blasted video.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Marcella said:
    Adblock is terrible because any sites that you enjoy, you are not supporting them at all. They live off those ads. By not getting them, you're depriving them of income that they could have to keep the site going. If everyone used adblock, the site wouldn't exist anymore. It's like a public service thing. They're not TOO terrible, honestly.
    I put in exceptions in my adblocker for sites I like, as long as they have tasteful ads (not sound/video ads).
  • Marcella said:
    I disagree. Ads are a very marginal income and you really cannot fund a website with that alone, plus they tend to annoy users more than enhance their experience meaning they may have the adverse effect. Also ads are generally pay per click or when a referral turns into a customer, not pay per show. So unless you think you're going to click ads on a website, it doesn't matter if you block them. 

Note, adblock generally does not block ads that have been very specifically tailored, and I am ok with websites showing me these. For example, when a blogger releases a book and they showcase this as an ad. But I really am not interested in your generic adfarm banners, and most other people aren't either. 
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Is it bad that, when discussing muscle filaments, I giggle a little internally every time the 'H-zone' comes up?
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Several days late, but a huge rave to @Kelly, @Zyphora, @Acrune, @Morgfyre, and @Sior.
    The first two for being awesome in DC, Acrune for letting me make use of his height to take a picture, and Morgfyre and Sior for letting me blab on about stuff, be it first experiences with dreamweaving, to various Aquamancy related things. A general rave does go out to everyone else, but those 5 were the main ones who really helped me have an awesome time.

A secondary rave goes to Kelly(again), @Saoirse, and Acrune along with a few other peeps for a fun an entertaining skype call, even if my feelings were hurt a couple of times. :(
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • We should get IE8 at work next week! :)
  • Dys said:
    We should get IE8 at work next week! :)
    ... why is that a rave? Do you live in Opposite World?

• Dys said:
    We should get IE8 at work next week! :)
    I am sorry for how awful your workplace must be if that is a rave. Did you mean Windows 8, perhaps?
  • IE8 is a rave because it's better than IE6. Remember what life was like before tabbed browsing?
  • At the warehouse where we work, I discovered shelf Y-010.

That's where we have helmets.