Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• I apparently have another Glowing Rod for the Chroma Rod. ... I have no idea when I got it. Inexplicable... and I wish it had been the bracers!!
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    gimeeee
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    I wish I was two people so I could play my merian and get to know @Carakhan while still playing Zouviqil and working on all of Zouviqil's projects and duties and the like.

:(
  • four deaths and an unfinished quest. Someone else did the bulk of it. I not letting the effort go to waste. There goes my night. 
    is dead like the dodo
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I don't know if gods who are inactive are assaulted by prayers/messages when someone else picks them up, but I hope so :/
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • eagerly awaiting the rap epic poem battle between Portius and Zaiyyash.
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Sometimes when I'm writing books for the game, I feel like I'm uncovering exactly what thought processes went into making the game itself.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    I remember the rap battle between @Veracruz and I
  • @Munsia I pretty much dominated, you've got some smooth flows though! 
  • Just going to go ahead and say that whenever anyone mentions the Dark Heart, I now immediately begin singing Dark Horse by Katy Perry to myself.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    So, with the warrior gnewpie I can surpass 9K health as a trill, and with the queen gnewpie and a truefavour I can walk into a room of seven shambling/hulking zombies and score a few hits before I need to shuffle out again.

If the king gives as much offensive boost as the queen does defence, these things will really need to be disabled for greathunts/death seal.

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    So you're saying the Queen almost makes you warrior tanky? Sounds fair for people who struggle surviving the tougher areas.

Wouldn't mind giving the king/queen a try on Iceburn and run it against my normal larva timers.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

Karlach said:
    So you're saying the Queen almost makes you warrior tanky?
    With an unsurged night/moon warrior I'd say, yes. Something like 480-590 damage on the regular hits and 1000-1100 on the strong hits from those zombies.
    Vivet said:
    Karlach said:
    So you're saying the Queen almost makes you warrior tanky?
    With an unsurged night/moon warrior I'd say, yes. Something like 480-590 damage on the regular hits and 1000-1100 on the strong hits from those zombies.

They still hit you that hard, what's their normal damage?

Its not just Night/Moon. Other knight specs have mitigation available to them, ur'Guard putrefaction is king for zombies.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• That awkward moment where the help file had the powers for king and queen reversed.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
    Karlach said:

That's not hard. I'm more used to being hit for closer to 700-800ish on normal hits.

Ieptix said:
    That awkward moment where the help file had the powers for king and queen reversed.
    WELL THEN

Vivet said:
    Karlach said:

That's not hard. I'm more used to being hit for closer to 700-800ish on normal hits.

By knight standards that's still pretty hard, knighthood physical mitigation is pretty ridiculous.

I'm also speaking for the perspective of a researcher, so that may have a lot to do with it as well!
  • It's true, we are ridics squishy. WTB old diamond back. :(
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    What. You have a bajallion forms of healing and curing. Many words can describe researchers, squishy is not one of them.
  • There's a difference, I would postulate, between being able to cure out, and being able to soak damage. We can totally do the first one. The second one? Meh.
    Ileein said:
    It's true, we are ridics squishy. WTB old diamond back. :(

Shedrin could tank an entire current generation Icewynd larva and solo bash it. Squishy is NOT a word I'd use for researchers at all.

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    You don't have to have high mitigation to be tanky. You can accomplish the same with high rates of recovery. Which is what researchers do.
  • edited May 2014
    Maybe one of you kind folks would be nice enough to show me what I need to do to be tanky, then. :) Because nothing I've done has seemed to achieve that goal. To me, the main difference seems to be that damage mitigation (and a higher health) will keep you from hitting zero-- after which point no amount of healing will help you-- whereas regeneration is more dicey in that regard. Not that I'm arguing for researchers to have higher damage mitigation, you understand, self-buffs being something the forums hate with an undying passion.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    edited May 2014
    You don't know tankiness until you play a drunk dwarf.

And Guardians are terrible bashers, this is probably just another example of Celina always thinking the grass is greener on the other side. If you have all the appropiate buffs (Kirigami, Attune, Bodyguard, AmberMalt, CityConstruct, Proofings, Trans resilience, h/m/e blessing) and still have a hard time tanking things, there really is not much you can do. I died a lot as a Mugwump Nihilist, it's just one of those things you have to learn to balance between PvP, being able to influence, and PvE without having a cameo.

What race are you @Ileein?
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    edited May 2014
    Oh, and Damage Mitigation >>>>>>>> Ability to recover when it comes to PvE. I know this is a fact because I spend a lot of time ignoring my ability to recover and instead go as much damage mitigation as possible.

When someone says "Shedrin can tank an entire thing of blahblahblah," well that's not helpful at all. You could tank anything if you go Dwarf and have your tolerance level high. It doesn't matter what class you are, not everyone has the ability to switch races that frequently.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    Mitigation is critical against certain types because recovery means squat if you are getting burst down in one round.

A lot of people don't make use of abilities, consumables and cult and/or shrine powers. Kirigami+attune+base level amber beer+devoutshield+shrine protection is a huge jump up in mitigation, making use of Throne for the HME or doing one of several other quests and stacking those with godrealm blessings.

Chances are if you're struggling there's something you can throw in to up your mitigation.

This discussion has been closed.