General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Ernest & Celestine isn't coming to theatres anywhere near me for the foreseeable future. I hope it makes it to Netflix. 
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    My 27 year, 9 months and 25 day reign of being the youngest in my generation inmy family has come to an end. Suppose this means I have to grow up now...

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Kethaera said:
    It has been my observation that playing Lusternia with a six year old asking 10 questions a second about everything that happens is... well, a little difficult.
    Yeaaaah. My six year old does that too then tells me to tell everyone that his name is ********. (Asterisks for not telling my kid's name!)

And..to post my dissatisfaction:

I worked for the first time on the closing shift, had to dust mop and wet mop the entire store (alone)...my NOT graceful self ended up tripping over the dust mop and landing on my hands and knees. Just below right knee is this GIANT freaking hard knot and my whole body hurts from catching myself. Never. Again. I will always be more careful with that dastardly dust mop.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Just not very happy with myself right now. I've got some thinking to do.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Lavinya said:.

My rant today is grocery shopping with a 3 year old and a 20 month old. Bleeeeergh.
    You mean picking up things off the floor, taking them out of your cart, putting things back in your cart, telling the 3 year old for the tenth time 'no you cannot have the ringpops', apologizing to a passerby when you accidentally bump into them because your brain is fried trying to keep up with the two bundles of joy, sighing in relief when you finally get into the car and thinking "I made it"?

Deepest sympathies.
  • Lavinya said:
    Elayde said:
    Kethaera said:
    It has been my observation that playing Lusternia with a six year old asking 10 questions a second about everything that happens is... well, a little difficult.
    Yeaaaah. My six year old does that too then tells me to tell everyone that his name is ********. (Asterisks for not telling my kid's name!)

Anytime I make a disgruntled sound while playing Lusternia my eldest asks, 'Did Dad kill you again Mum?'. Naturally they both think its hilarious despite me explaining that we are on the same 'team'. Hmph.

Heh... worst so far was when Viravain was doing some rp with the Harbingers... I was trying to pay attention to whatever was happening, and there's this shrill voice behind me asking, "What's that red stuff? What's that green stuff? What's that grey stuff? What do those names mean? Are you that big red dot? Why aren't you moving? What're you doing? Who's talking? What're they saying?" 
    "I DON'T KNOW! ...go bug your parents."
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Big red dot?
  • Enyalida said:
    Big red dot?
    On the mudlet map. Represents your character.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Lavinya said:
    Elayde said:

Kethaera said:

And..to post my dissatisfaction:

I worked for the first time on the closing shift, had to dust mop and wet mop the entire store (alone)...my NOT graceful self ended up tripping over the dust mop and landing on my hands and knees. Just below right knee is this GIANT freaking hard knot and my whole body hurts from catching myself. Never. Again. I will always be more careful with that dastardly dust mop.
    Anytime I make a disgruntled sound while playing Lusternia my eldest asks, 'Did Dad kill you again Mum?'. Naturally they both think its hilarious despite me explaining that we are on the same 'team'. Hmph.

My rant today is grocery shopping with a 3 year old and a 20 month old. Bleeeeergh.
    Why aren't I the horror story for your children? :((
  • Kagato said:
    One last update about a certain troublemaking neighbour - My landlord told me that he has been evicted, he has to be out by tomorrow.

Happy about it, but also a little down because I don't like having to resort to such measures.  He knew the rules though and he broke them.
    Yeah it sucks when you have to do that. However you did what is best for you, and for him too. Hopefully lessons will be learned here. And if not, well it is no longer your problem.

My dissatisfaction: Awoken at 3am by a coughing cat. Reflexively managed to put him on the floor before he threw up. On the rug next to my bed T_T Then had some really crappy sleep and I am feeling godawful today. Considering I already went to bed late because I wasted more time than intended comparing banks and getting frustrated at lack of proper information, that just really hurt. 
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Breathe in. Breathe out.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Request to work from home denied based on "there are rules to follow and we cannot make exceptions". Because making an exception for an employee who would hugely benefit from this in work performance is less important than following the rules. But employees who have a certain commute distance are simply allowed to do so no matter if it benefits their performance or not. Corporate logic I swear. I'd have expected this from a large company, but this is a small one and they profiled themselves as pretty laid-back when I applied here. Meh. I'll deal with it but I swear if they dare say another thing about my 'tiredness problem' I am going to remind them of their decision. I made a suggestion, I disclosed the details of the cause, but if they don't want to hand me the solution to the problem then I cannot fix it. 
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Reading three different sources about the same excavation in the the same city...which all conflict each other concerning the layout and importance of several rooms in ancient Greek houses. Now, which one should I believe? On another note: I am really not used to writing room descriptions in German (even though it's my native language) and would rather prefer to do so in English...but I can't expect 8th-graders who have just begun to learn Ancient Greek to use teaching material that is in English. Oh, fun times....last night, I even dreamed about standing in an Olynthian house <.<
  • edited May 2014
    @Aerdiya As a paid up, professional archaeologist, welcome to my world :p I know next to nothing about Ancient Greece since I work on the early modern period. It's a difficult judgement call but a good rule of thumb is to go with the last report published (chronologically) since they're usually drawing on newer sources or other excavations which are similar to help with their reasoning. Archaeology is always a best guess and like any other academic discipline what we know (or think we know) is always in flux.

Depending on how much time you want to spend on this - pick the latest published report for the reasons I gave above, or if you've got the time - search for your sources via Google Scholar and see who else has referenced them and how they've referenced them. You can also use Google Scholar to search for reviews of your reference material - it's unlikely but one of them might have been debunked at publication by other archaeologists.

Hope that helps.
  • Thanks a lot!
    Yeah, now that you say it, it makes sense. One of the reports I read was from the first expedition which took place around 1930, while the others were from the 80s. Though sadly, all of them lack exact artifact descriptions which I could use for designing objects to interact with. But if I research the materials that were used back then, I should be able to reconstruct some items. And maybe, I'll even find some books with pictures on Google Scholar.
    (and I apologise in advance for probably talking about nothing else than Olynthian houses at the meet)
  • Lusternia has not one, but TWO archaeologists that play? Is that statistically significant, or do I have a wrong idea about how many archaeologists there are? (Or maybe just how many people play IREs)
  • edited May 2014
    I am not a real archaeologist but a digital humanist. We're something like envoys between computer scientists and humanities scholars and therefore have to take a humane discipline during our BA as well. My thesis is basically about using digital methods for teaching (Ancient Greek in my case).
  • Belibi said:
    Lusternia has not one, but TWO archaeologists that play? Is that statistically significant, or do I have a wrong idea about how many archaeologists there are? (Or maybe just how many people play IREs)
    It'd be fairly unusual to have two archaeologists in the game. Lots of people do archaeology degrees but most switch to a different job afterwards (the smart ones anyway!).
  • I wish someone had told me that was a career option :P Here I am with my boring standard IT job having completed a boring standard IT study. Easy to get jobs though. 
  • The problem with my degree is, that it'll be difficult to find a job after graduation. I hope that I'll be able to stay at university and teach but since we are so few, I guess, lots of people have the same plan.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    If I'd been more ambitious or confident coming out of college if have gone into speech pathology or animal behavior counseling, but instead I'm putting my degrees to use making cupcakes. :|
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Daraius said:
    If I'd been more ambitious or confident coming out of college if have gone into speech pathology or animal behavior counseling, but instead I'm putting my degrees to use making cupcakes. :|
    Are your degrees those or is that what you wanted to go for? If you have the degrees you could look into a side business. It's honestly easier than people make it out to be, and you can keep making cupcakes for now.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    One of those days. :S
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited May 2014
    nevermind.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.

Not enough time in my day to go to work, sleep, eat, play EVE Online, AND play Lusternia. (Yes, I've been cheating on you, Lusty)

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Why am I not surprised that you of all people play EVE.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I had three meetings yesterday and have one tonight. I hate meetings. I hate constitutions. I hate by-laws. I hate Robert's rules. Make a decision and go with it.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Moving. Why does every place require 60 days notice to move out, but nobody will let you wait 60 days to move in? Makes it really hard to actually move if you can't guarantee a place in time. ARGH!

Also, panic, excitement, and a modiucm of flailing. I start school in two weeks. Work full time, school for 7 hrs a day, 2 days a week, and Lusternia. I'll be the fool still putting in a lot of time, but I'm going to be doing too many things for my own good!