Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Maligorn said:

You aren't the judge of that. Vivet and Kelly have their own lives and decisions to make.

I'm not, you're right. Just like I do, and Chade does, and many other people. And quite frankly, if Munsia doesn't have a life outside Lusternia and wants to help others get demi, neither of us are a judge of that either. Unless you feel it's unfair that Munsia has more time to invest in her side than Vivet and Kelly, it's a moot point.

I'm just not understanding what part of this is "imbalancing". If you don't think it's fair that Munsia is helping generate demigods, complain about it to the admin. Explain how you feel, explain what you feel she's doing wrong, or how she's breaking rules, or what is imbalanced about the situation simply because she has more time to invest in doing something than others do.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    We can never manage an aetherhunt, even though I've pushed for those at times. The few times we've gotten close, they're always hilariously interrupted by sudden conflict situations or people being way too unattentive.

North just has focus issues with these things.

Vivet said:

We can never manage an aetherhunt, even though I've pushed for those at times. The few times we've gotten close, they're always hilariously interrupted by sudden conflict situations or people being way too unattentive.

North just has focus issues with these things.

And that's not your fault. Activity comes and goes. But it's not "imbalanced" or "unfair", it just happens.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Suggestion box:

Someone needs to make an apolitical clan called "Sparkleberry Stripharvest Prevention Coalition".

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    It'll have to wait in line behind the Kethuru Korps
  • Maligorn said:

Geomancy, Necromancy and Ninjakari are all pretty cray.

EDIT: Demigod factory can also prove to be imbalancing, but I think I've complained enough today.

You have your very own ninjakari in Hallifax
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Everyone's an armchair critic.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

Listen -- I'd love to actually be able to do something about the state of the game, but Envoys are disabled. I'd -love- to get an admin's (Furies) decision on things, but I can't.

So tolerate my whining, please.

edited July 2014
    learn2emailsupport

Here, just copy and paste this to support@lusternia.com

Dear Admin;

I am writing this email to complain about the imbalances between our side and theirs. It's just not fair. All of their skills are so powerful, and ours are so weak and ineffectual. Our side always loses because our people don't have enough time to lead vast hunts and be demigods, while their side has no life and spends all sorts of time practicing and training, and I'm tired of it. I want things to be even, I want all battles to have an even number of sides, and I don't want their side to jump in to defend when I jump people or raid; on the other hand, I want all of my side to jump in when their side raids or jumps me. All of their gods are cool, and all of our gods are teh suxxors. We don't ever get anything new, they get it all.

Sincerely;

A person who has been playing for a long time and has only seen our side losing ever.

PS: It's not fair.
    I mean, seriously. I don't even have time to juggle more than two characters right now. I literally get off work at 7 am, play for an hour or two, go to sleep, get up, eat dinner, go to work. I occasionally get to tinker with a character on my phone, and I even had one character just get divorced because I wasn't around enough to spend time with my in-game wife. Trust me, I know all about people having lives and not having time to bash people up, or design, or play politics.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Annick said:
    You have your very own ninjakari in Hallifax
    Because everyone knows how ninjakari power skills cost X power (Any)

Oh wait.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Maligorn said:
    Listen -- I'd love to actually be able to do something about the state of the game, but Envoys are disabled. I'd -love- to get an admin's (Furies) decision on things, but I can't.

So tolerate my whining, please.
    I don't understand this point of view. It was not that long ago that Celest was tap dancing all over Mag... So clearly imbalances, perceived or actual, aren't the only factor.

In recent times, envoy reports that wanted to nerf skills they didn't have were set to an exceptionally high standard of scrutiny. So even in the best case scenario, attempting to nerf enemy skills that have been in play for rl years and have been through the wringer time and time again would almost certainly be rejected.

Losing can be frustrating but if you lash out externally, especially at things that are unlikely to change, then you are missing opportunities to improve what you can. If you have poor leadership, bad moral/attitude, pick a bad strategy, don't play to your strengths or have a lack of people then you are going to struggle. That you believe all your enemies carry +10 vorpal death beams of smiting simply cannot be your only problem.

edited July 2014

Llandros said:
    I don't understand this point of view. It was not that long ago that Celest was tap dancing all over Mag... So clearly imbalances, perceived or actual, aren't the only factor.

In recent times, envoy reports that wanted to nerf skills they didn't have were set to an exceptionally high standard of scrutiny. So even in the best case scenario, attempting to nerf enemy skills that have been in play for rl years and have been through the wringer time and time again would almost certainly be rejected.

Losing can be frustrating but if you lash out externally, especially at things that are unlikely to change, then you are missing opportunities to improve what you can. If you have poor leadership, bad moral/attitude, pick a bad strategy, don't play to your strengths or have a lack of people then you are going to struggle. That you believe all your enemies carry +10 vorpal death beams of smiting simply cannot be your only problem.
    What I bolded I think is the biggest problem, by far, and why New Celest was curbstomping Magnagora not too long ago. And it's not something that can be directly policed. "Hey you stand down and let us have a fair fight" is a ridiculous notion and would be rightfully scorned.

But here's how I see it: right now we're in the middle of this huge overhaul, the portents of which are still largely unknown. We haven't gotten an update on it in months. I really do think there are skill imbalances that need addressing, whether or not it's "difficult" to get things nerfed if you're on the receiving end. Seriously, I wouldn't whine so much if I could get a nice, curt Furies decision on things. But that's beside the point I'm trying to make!

This Demigod factory could imbalance the game because -- let's face it, we just don't have good newbie retention right now (right? That's how it seems nowadays. I can't think of any new person that's made an impression on me yet in Hallifax, at least, besides someone named Meribolt). And I mean true blue newbies (or other IRE game refugees, whatever) that want to stay, not alts of people we know now -- and casual gamers are going to be attracted to the other side by the victory and the extremely efficient ur'Bashes. More demigods means more firepower means a bigger imbalance in the numbers game we're playing.

I'm worried about the health of the game. All I'm asking (not demanding) is that you show some restraint in the ultra powerleveling that's going to be happening from now on -- as an OOC thought, not an IC one (because obviously, any org would pounce on the opportunity for a soldier factory). Does that explanation seem a bit more rational?

EDIT: And you all better believe if I'd been around for what Celest was doing to Magnagora, I'd be bitching at them too.

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    More demigods doesn't explicitly equate to more firepower.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    I'd say Celest had it coming after the every hour, on the hour consta-raiding of Draylor/Veyrzhul long while back. It's been a while, but that time period drove off a lot of.people.

by the way, Celest should just vote Valtreth off the island. RP it out, something about a serious lack of attentiveness so soon after joining, or the fact that they defend his realm constantly and it's a draw for enemies to raid, or something. #possiblybitter
    Shaddus said:
    I'd say Celest had it coming after the every hour, on the hour consta-raiding of Draylor/Veyrzhul long while back. It's been a while, but that time period drove off a lot of.people. [spoiler] by the way, Celest should just vote Valtreth off the island. RP it out, something about a serious lack of attentiveness so soon after joining, or the fact that they defend his realm constantly and it's a draw for enemies to raid, or something. #possiblybitter [/spoiler]
    If we're saying Org X had Thing B coming for the actions of a small number of members, ones who aren't around or barely, then we'll be here all day.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    edited July 2014
    I don't know why people continually still associate 'Toxic' and 'Munsia' when you clearly have people like Caerlyr, Daebach, and Elanorwen. Whom I've seriously proven I'm way more mature than. 
  • LET'S SWITCH SUBJECTS!!!

Glancing into your tarot rift, you see:
    +------------------------------------------------------------- Tarot Cards +
    |  aeon:            1000   blankcard:        280   catacombs:        883   |
    |  dreamer:         1000   emperor:            6   empress:          959   |
    |  enigma:          1000   fall:            1000   fool:             847   |
    |  hangedman:        998   healer:          1000   hermit:           748   |
    |  judge:           1000   lovers:           615   lust:             728   |
    |  magician:        1000   moon:             908   princess:         616   |
    |  soulless:        1000   starleaper:      1000   teacher:           10   |
    |  warrior:          998   world:            993                           |
    +--------------------------------------------------------------------------+

I win.

• Elanorwen said:

Because everyone knows how ninjakari power skills cost X power (Any)

Oh wait.

Because monks are so useless without their power skills...
  • Hmm I might be wrong but personally  I dislike demigod factory for one twofold reason:
    - some people get to demigod too quickly without that much effort on their behalf, just riding the train.
    - this could potentially kill the interest in the game for some as they do not put that much effort themselves, trying to explore new hunting grounds, quests, influencing, do stuff first in order to progress or even put other objectives first in front of demigodhood. I am interested to hear what Munsia and others think on that point, I well maybe wrong given the vibrant city that is Magnagora which may as well be due to its concept rather than demigodhood support.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    edited July 2014
    Didn't you gain demigod from the demigod factory?

In any case, this is a game in the end, I've covered that point ton's of times. A game, and some people just wanna get to end game like any other game out there. There are those who are interested in the slow path, and they're allowed to have that experience, other's aren't, so the option exists for them. Noone is being forced to bash astral, or go on aetherhunts with people. It is their own choice and demanding that they take a slower route because you don't like it is silly...
  • Heh I remember when getting endgame in -any- IRE game took months of persistence, and the rewards were extraordinary because it was a rare feat to accomplish.
  • edited July 2014
    I saw Maligorn say they lacked people. Hallifax maybe lacks people, but your side certainly doesn't.

Why did my font change?!
  • edited July 2014
    Never around for one of these "ur'Bashes" I keep hearing about...

Seems like one of these to me...
  • LMFAO
    Ardmore said:
    I saw Maligorn say they lacked people. Hallifax maybe lacks people, but your side certainly doesn't.

Why did my font change?!
    Because of the things you've done.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    I'm sorry but I refuse to associate "influence" with "effort" with regards to levelling.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited July 2014
    I'm all in favor of demigod factory if that's what we're calling it. People have fun on big bashing trips. I know I have the few times I've been on one. So Magnagora will be able to do them even more regularly. Good on them! More fun for people! 

P.S. What's the net cost of raising and descending a VA? Why aren't we all doing it?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
This discussion has been closed.