Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Daraius said:
    I'm all in favor of demigod factory if that's what we're calling it. People have fun on big bashing trips. I know I have the few times I've been on one. So Magnagora will be able to do them even more regularly. Good on them! More fun for people! 

P.S. What's the net cost of raising and descending a VA? Why aren't we all doing it?
    Depends on how many VA's you already have up.

If you have 0-1 currently it's 2 million to raise, with a 500k refund to descend to VD.
    If you already have 2 it's 4 million to raise, same 500k refund on descend.

After that, it's not even worth considering.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Maligorn said:

Llandros said:
    I don't understand this point of view. It was not that long ago that Celest was tap dancing all over Mag... So clearly imbalances, perceived or actual, aren't the only factor.

In recent times, envoy reports that wanted to nerf skills they didn't have were set to an exceptionally high standard of scrutiny. So even in the best case scenario, attempting to nerf enemy skills that have been in play for rl years and have been through the wringer time and time again would almost certainly be rejected.

Losing can be frustrating but if you lash out externally, especially at things that are unlikely to change, then you are missing opportunities to improve what you can. If you have poor leadership, bad moral/attitude, pick a bad strategy, don't play to your strengths or have a lack of people then you are going to struggle. That you believe all your enemies carry +10 vorpal death beams of smiting simply cannot be your only problem.
    But here's how I see it: right now we're in the middle of this huge overhaul, the portents of which are still largely unknown. We haven't gotten an update on it in months. I really do think there are skill imbalances that need addressing, whether or not it's "difficult" to get things nerfed if you're on the receiving end. Seriously, I wouldn't whine so much if I could get a nice, curt Furies decision on things. But that's beside the point I'm trying to make!

That's an easy fix, list the skills you think are busted and I'll paste the reports that have been done on them. I'm fairly confident your complaints will not be original works of theory crafting that you alone have masterminded.

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Daraius said:

I'm all in favor of demigod factory if that's what we're calling it. People have fun on big bashing trips. I know I have the few times I've been on one. So Magnagora will be able to do them even more regularly. Good on them! More fun for people! 

P.S. What's the net cost of raising and descending a VA? Why aren't we all doing it?
    Because VA is an incredibly significant honour to some orgs and not something you give to someone for a limited time to gain access to exclusive mechanical benefits. Personally, I don't care what Magnagora does in its org, but I wouldn't like to see it adopted in mine.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Rivius said:

Because VA is an incredibly significant honour to some orgs and not something you give to someone for a limited time to gain access to exclusive mechanical benefits. Personally, I don't care what Magnagora does in its org, but I wouldn't like to see it adopted in mine.
    Mag's RP to 'Do anything to win' is legit. 
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    It probably is.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Anybody can REPORT LIST <skill> @Llandros. I've already made the mistake of not doing my homework before regarding Shofangi. Though I still think the slitthroat should be a loss of 2 momentum instead of a power cost, to bring it more in line with everything else.

• In Mag gaining power/strength/influence at any cost is the foundation of our "evil-ness." Those doing so at the expense of the city are only punished when caught. Breaking the rules is one thing but willfully doing so and then failing to get away with it is down right scandalous.

Anyway, I don't think it's really gaming the system that much. We pissed away 1.5 million essence to give Munsia her choice of vernal power. Whether or not it's the best use of the power is certainly debatable but we had it and that's how we decided to spend it. We got what we paid for.

It is not exactly ooc either because there were people who had serious objections to her representing our city as a VA. This is a kind of compromise that was brought forward. She gets stronger, the city interests are advanced and citizen concerns are being being acknowledged.

It's your classic win? - win? situation.

'Serious' objections being that none were actually valid. Our supposed 'choice' is an rp choice and I feel said person is just going to end up being pretty worthless. 
  • Maligorn said:
    Anybody can REPORT LIST <skill> @Llandros. I've already made the mistake of not doing my homework before regarding Shofangi. Though I still think the slitthroat should be a loss of 2 momentum instead of a power cost, to bring it more in line with everything else.
    So the much talked about wildnodes was lost because the Shofangi slitthroat costs power instead of momentum?

edited July 2014
    What?

EDIT: No. What I said about Shofangi was an idle thought that wasn't pointed at anything recent.

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    All I'm getting from this thread at the moment is 'stop making demigods faster than we are, it's unbalancing'. Because it's somehow so different to the large scale all day long aetherhunts that always seemed to happen on the other side that we could never seem to get the people for in Magnagora. Does that mean I should have complained to admin? Got it nerfed again? Whined on the forums and asked you guys to hold off on the aetherhunts?

Nothing is being done in Magnagora with our ur'bashing or even raising Munsia that can't be done by any other org, with willing people (you not having willing people is NO ONE'S FAULT. Stop blaming us.)

If that's all you're getting, you're not reading carefully enough.

If I keep hearing the shit talking IG about what the Iron council thinks of me, I'll gladly force Mag to waste the 1.5m and retire too. I don't take kindly to giving someone everything and the drama still brewing, especially since Thoros and I do 90% of Mag's work. 
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice

All I'm getting is 'we lost because our skills were mechanically made to lose to our enemies."
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Lol @Siam

In other news, how about that new @Saesh guy? Name immediately reminded me of..

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    As far as VA....every city/commune has raised questionable people as VA..... 

When I was raised, all sorts of people questioned it and I think I turned out nicely

-totally not bias-

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Synkarin said:
    As far as VA....every city/commune has raised questionable people as VA..... 

When I was raised, all sorts of people questioned it and I think I turned out nicely

-totally not bias-

Yeah I mean, look at Elanorwen. 
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited July 2014
    Wait never mind. I'm not as funny as I think I am sometimes. 
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Poor people.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited July 2014
    I keep finding 18 yo Serens (usually same ones) trying to gather fae on Faethorn and seem to have to repetitively explain to them why it is dangerous and they could be assaulted by others less lenient than I if found. Why are novices being encouraged to try and gather fae in faethorn which is practically a hostile war zone that sees more blood than a pregnancy ward?

Im starting to think that a 'hard lesson' next time may be the only solution, though I dont want to be 'that guy' that kills novices.
  • Novices are players, not china dolls. 
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
    edited July 2014
    If you catch novices from the other side collecting fae and your first thought is, "I should kill them", you may be a douchecanoe.

I don't know how it's done now, and God knows how long it's been since I collected fae, but the general consensus used to be, "collect faster than them or debate them out". If there are fae being collected and you're not the one doing it, it's not their fault they got to them before you did.

Also keep in mind that in some guilds, collecting fae is an advancement requirement. What you're actually doing is discouraging someone who actually wants to do something with themselves instead of sitting around snuggling.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Lerad said:
    Also helps build resistance against them jumping ship to the org whose member(s) just killed them.
    A? Previous incident(s)? make this statement an unreliable thing.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    Yeah, but that person was sort of whiny and didn't do much anyway.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Oh gawd, this does not bode well for me either. 
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Shaddus said:
    If you catch novices from the other side collecting fae and your first thought is, "I should kill them", you may be a douchecanoe. I don't know how it's done now, and God knows how long it's been since I collected fae, but the general consensus used to be, "collect faster than them or debate them out". If there are fae being collected and you're not the one doing it, it's not their fault they got to them before you did. Also keep in mind that in some guilds, collecting fae is an advancement requirement. What you're actually doing is discouraging someone who actually wants to do something with themselves instead of sitting around snuggling.
    Oh of course! How didnt I see it before, such an obvious solution to the problem. Debating is both effective and non-aggressive.

ty
  • Arcanis said:
    Shaddus said:
    If you catch novices from the other side collecting fae and your first thought is, "I should kill them", you may be a douchecanoe. I don't know how it's done now, and God knows how long it's been since I collected fae, but the general consensus used to be, "collect faster than them or debate them out". If there are fae being collected and you're not the one doing it, it's not their fault they got to them before you did. Also keep in mind that in some guilds, collecting fae is an advancement requirement. What you're actually doing is discouraging someone who actually wants to do something with themselves instead of sitting around snuggling.
    Oh of course! How didnt I see it before, such an obvious solution to the problem. Debating is both effective and non-aggressive.

ty
    That used to be more the case before the streams of daily raids. I don't agree that killing a novice gathering fae is inherently douchey, though, especially if you've warned them about it already. 

Not that I would just for that reason, because I much prefer scaring novices(fun and hysterical) to actually killing them(which does nothing for me other than make me a target for better combatants), unless their actions warrant it. You know... same as anyone else. I tend to think that if a novice leaves after being killed ONCE, the problem is more likely with whatever org they're in, not with the one who attacked them. Talk to the little guys, express sympathy or outrage and act like their hurt feelings matter. They'll get over it, and they'll learn a bit more about how the game works.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
This discussion has been closed.