General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• Fuck TMJ.

It's flared up again and i haven't been able to open the left side of my jaw all the way since last wednesday.

As a carnivore, this is a problem for me.
    Stangmar - Retired

• A ghoulish dark great helm has decayed to dust in your absence.

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Orventa said:
    Daraius said:
    Coming to the slow realization that I don't like my boss. And that I can get paid more cleaning up exotic ungulate poop for the Smithsonian Institution.
    Come work with me at the Mansion in Dupont! We're hiring (I'm newly in charge of hiring ^^;) and desparately need servers, housekeeping, valets, bartenders and maybe a cook/pastry person for the holidays season (and potentially forever until you want to leave).

In other news, moving again and the boxes.. oh god the boxes T-T
    I'd do it, but moving, finding a place to live, etc would be a pita unless there's 100% surety in everything working out.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Elanorwen said:
    So, note to self: If a hard drive starts sounding like a clock, it's time to go and have it replaced... while hoping to be able to recover the data.
    That's called the "click of death". Sometimes, not often but sometimes, if you have that and you can't get the drive to fire up and you want it to fire up just one last time so you can copy some stuff off of it, you can jolt it back to life with a (not kidding here) nice flat-palmed solid smack. And when that doesn't work (again, not kidding), put it in an electrostatic bag, seal it tight, then put it in the freezer for an hour. Get yourself as ready as you can to copy the files you need fast, you may only have a few minutes. Take it out of the freezer, give it another solid whack, plug it in, fire it up, and if it comes up, start copying. I have saved files from click-of-death hard drives before on several occasions this way, but it doesn't always work. Once, the drive not only came back, it worked for months, but usually, this only revives them for a few minutes.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Lendren said:
    Elanorwen said:
    So, note to self: If a hard drive starts sounding like a clock, it's time to go and have it replaced... while hoping to be able to recover the data.
    That's called the "click of death". Sometimes, not often but sometimes, if you have that and you can't get the drive to fire up and you want it to fire up just one last time so you can copy some stuff off of it, you can jolt it back to life with a (not kidding here) nice flat-palmed solid smack. And when that doesn't work (again, not kidding), put it in an electrostatic bag, seal it tight, then put it in the freezer for an hour. Get yourself as ready as you can to copy the files you need fast, you may only have a few minutes. Take it out of the freezer, give it another solid whack, plug it in, fire it up, and if it comes up, start copying. I have saved files from click-of-death hard drives before on several occasions this way, but it doesn't always work. Once, the drive not only came back, it worked for months, but usually, this only revives them for a few minutes.
    Oh, I saved everything that needed saving from it. Granted, I'll need to redownload about 500GB worth of Steam games, but that at least is easy. Be an annoyance if I lost the novel I've been working on and off for the past 3 years for instance. Anyway yeah, I knew about the freezer and everything else, but anyway... by the point I was done with the copying, it was so bad that it was freezing the entire PC, so I decided it's not worth the bother.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Get that novel in the cloud. 
    Stangmar - Retired

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    My wife does all of her book writing in Google Docs.  Mostly so she can easily share, as well as send me pointed reminders that I haven't proofed Chapter X XD
  • Pandora,

While the term 'classic' is certainly a subjective term, I think we should be able to agree that Nickelback does not fall within that definition, particularly as it relates to Classic Rock.   

Sincerely,

Anybody that's not a 13 year old in 2004.
    Stangmar - Retired

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I've been in the process of baking 1600 mini cupcakes for the last three hours.  :|
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • You had better be singing this while you do it!

first world problem: my iPod screen is cracked :(
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I buried my Nanna on my birthday. :(

• Go out and buy a new ink cartage for my printer because it says it only needs the one to print, ya the other are low but it one -needs- the one. put the new one in and it goes through all the processes of installing the new one and before it finishes is stops and says, "oh ya, your two other ones, they are now empty, sucks to be you." so still cannot print -.-

need my printer to quit using my colored into to fill up my black! D:
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• Fuck trains. Fuck them and rail replacement bus services.

Sometimes I hate living in the UK.
    Retired.
  • Come to America, we'll welcome you with open arms and big gulps.

Everybody gets a free truck upon arrival. No more trains for you.
    Stangmar - Retired

• ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Stangmar lies. There are trains if you're in the right wrong spots. And they're absolutely terrible and expensive.

Sincerely,
    NYC
  • Zouviqil said:
    Stangmar lies. There are trains if you're in the right wrong spots. And they're absolutely terrible and expensive.

Sincerely,
    NYC
    I think I'd ride any train, no matter how terribly expensive, if it meant never having to drive anywhere around here again.

I mean... old complaint, but I live in a place where more people died(heatstroke) trying to escape from the city than died from the hurricane they were escaping. Traffic kills... literally.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Kethaera said:
    Zouviqil said:

Sincerely,
    NYC
    I think I'd ride any train, no matter how terribly expensive, if it meant never having to drive anywhere around here again.

I mean... old complaint, but I live in a place where more people died(heatstroke) trying to escape from the city than died from the hurricane they were escaping. Traffic kills... literally.
    As tragic as that was, your mind will change quickly when you're on a sardine-can-packed train for an hour standing and the train leaves the station and won't reach the next one for five minutes and someone either vomits or decides take a poop in your train car. I guarantee it.
  • edited October 2014
    motivation. Please wake up!
    is dead like the dodo
  • When it rains it pours. I lost my cousin (who I grew up with and was only a few months apart from in age) to a motorcycle accident a few months ago. While we're away (me, my mom, and grandparents) for the funeral my drug addict uncle (also the same age as me) uses the time to go on a stealing spree using my Pawpaw's tools, truck, and workshop to carry it out against my Uncle and local garages. We talk Pawpaw into finally going to the doctor and find out he had pneumonia but a golfball sized mass in his lung shows up on his CT scan. It's not infection, it's not a recurrence of TB..it's cancer and it grew in size from one CT to another taken a month later (and the lymphnodes are involved). Uncle gets off -again- with little more than a tap on the wrist and we can't throw him out of my grandparents house because my grandmother is an enabler and with everything going on with Pawpaw (triple bypass last year, brother in the hospital with not much longer to live, and now cancer) he's not strong enough to stand up against the two of them. Today Vanderbilt will be calling to schedule my Pawpaw's biopsy. My pawpaw is facing cancer in this horrible home situation we cannot do anything about right next door. All of this is on top of two of the hardest classes for my counseling degree. The only bright spot is my sister finding out the sex of her baby (boy) and her decision to name him Stephen after my cousin.  /end rant
  • Zouviqil said:
    Kethaera said:
    Zouviqil said:

Sincerely,
    NYC

As tragic as that was, your mind will change quickly when you're on a sardine-can-packed train for an hour standing and the train leaves the station and won't reach the next one for five minutes and someone either vomits or decides take a poop in your train car. I guarantee it.

If that's how trains are in America, I'll stay here then. Now the tube, well, pot luck really depending on which line you use. Also expensive.
    Retired.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Meliana said:
    When it rains it pours. I lost my cousin (who I grew up with and was only a few months apart from in age) to a motorcycle accident a few months ago. While we're away (me, my mom, and grandparents) for the funeral my drug addict uncle (also the same age as me) uses the time to go on a stealing spree using my Pawpaw's tools, truck, and workshop to carry it out against my Uncle and local garages. We talk Pawpaw into finally going to the doctor and find out he had pneumonia but a golfball sized mass in his lung shows up on his CT scan. It's not infection, it's not a recurrence of TB..it's cancer and it grew in size from one CT to another taken a month later (and the lymphnodes are involved). Uncle gets off -again- with little more than a tap on the wrist and we can't throw him out of my grandparents house because my grandmother is an enabler and with everything going on with Pawpaw (triple bypass last year, brother in the hospital with not much longer to live, and now cancer) he's not strong enough to stand up against the two of them. Today Vanderbilt will be calling to schedule my Pawpaw's biopsy. My pawpaw is facing cancer in this horrible home situation we cannot do anything about right next door. All of this is on top of two of the hardest classes for my counseling degree. The only bright spot is my sister finding out the sex of her baby (boy) and her decision to name him Stephen after my cousin.  /end rant
    Much love and hugs, @Meliana <3

• People in game or such say 'Do you hate me?' or 'is this awkward now' or just, worried about pissing me off or angering me, because either they're polite or whatnot, but really, I don't get angry. I am a very laid-back person IRL, which translates to IG.

But there are people I really assign the worst feelings for. The cunts. Argh, I have so many people I know and most of them are just rude, pushy and demanding. Why do some friends suck so much you just think 'jeez, what a prick' when you're done talking to them.

I need new friends :(
    Retired.
  • As an American....terrorist attacks in Canada are not cool.  Stop messing with our brothers to the north.  They ain't done anything to anybody.
    Stangmar - Retired

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    One of my Co-workers killed himself. We don't know what he was going through, but he apparently called into work, went to his parent's house, went to the bathroom and blew his brains out.

All too often, there's no warning sign.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Shaddus said:
    I've heard it said that especially when depression is a strong motivating factor, sudden signs of improvement can even be a red flag. If you care, you need to dig for why. Else, it might be they've come to a firm resolution/plan and are getting comfortable with the idea of carrying it out. Then, once their arrangements are finalised, it might be too late very quickly.

Vivet said:
    Shaddus said:
    I've heard it said that especially when depression is a strong motivating factor, sudden signs of improvement can even be a red flag. If you care, you need to dig for why. Else, it might be they've come to a firm resolution/plan and are getting comfortable with the idea of carrying it out. Then, once their arrangements are finalised, it might be too late very quickly.

While not a 1:1, I know how this is. When I firmly decided to quit from a very shitty job, that was constantly draining me and kept me in a bad mood basically all day, I felt better than I did since starting and was more upbeat the entire day.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    The sad part was that he was pretty newish, and we didn't know him that well. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary, he always did a great job.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited October 2014
    PEOPLE! :/

Now because of a stupid argument I get to spent all night feeling irritated, anxious and with a headache. 

Thanks.
    is dead like the dodo