General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• Xeria said:
    PEOPLE! :/

Now because of a stupid argument I get to spent all night feeling irritated, anxious and with a headache. 

Thanks.
    Listen to some P-Funk :)   It's strangeness will make you forget everything.

• edited November 2014

I freaking LOVE IT when my shite internet cuts out and I come back dead. Fan-freaking-tastic

Sucks majorly for hunting

It's true, I really am you.

• Naime said:

I freaking LOVE IT when my shite internet cuts out and I come back dead. Fan-freaking-tastic

If you've got shoddy net, I'd suggest using the server-side sipper in combination with a short timeout.
  • Naime said:

This is why I have everything set up to use stratagems and the server side curing when I can. :(
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Well, America, you've really screwed the pooch with the mid-term elections.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • For those not in the US,

A) What are midterm elections?

B) How'd they fornicate the poodle with it?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited November 2014

Ssaliss said:
    For those not in the US,

A) What are midterm elections?

B) How'd they fornicate the poodle with it?
    It is not possible to answer B without breaking forum rules.

A is simply: Every 2 years in America, there is an election where 2/3 of the Senate and all of the House are up for election.  Half of the time, the President is also on the ballot; the other half, the President is not, given that it is a 4-year term in office.  The ones where we do not elect a President are considered "mid-term" because they are in the middle of the President's 4-year term.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Six year terms for senators.  So, every election it's about 1/3 of the Senate that has to fight for their right to profit, not 2/3.
  • So I'm quitting my job. I don't like it and things have changed so it's not a good fit for me anymore. Also, there are a lot of clashing personalities that needlessly complicate things.

I gave 6 weeks notice hoping that would be enough to find something new and it looks like that might not be the case. One of the jobs that I thought was going to offer me a position went with someone else. It wasn't a job that I really wanted but still it would have been nice if they asked. It's like getting rejected by your safety school. 

The other positions I applied to would be great but I think there will be more competition for them and I am less confident they will make offers. I live in DC and the more prestigious institutions generally have their pick of pretty much anyone. I mean I'm good but it is far from a sure thing.

I have about a week left at my current job and am starting to get nervous. I'm not going to starve or be out on the street but it's not awesome. 
    :-S

• As an expat, it sure is fun watching the US vote trying to decide if  they will put silverware on the right or left side of the plate, and getting really upset when the forks are put on the wrong side.

However, the purpose of this post is to complain that Defenses that don't go away every time I lose internet connection can't come soon enough! 
  • I didn't know you were an expat, Dag.  Where are you living now?

If I ever get rich, I may just take my money and go retire in some unkown town in the Philippines. :D
    Stangmar - Retired

• SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    I am pretty sure the weather is drunk. I wish it would make up its mind if it's cold or not and go with it.
  • Stangmar said:
    I didn't know you were an expat, Dag.  Where are you living now?

If I ever get rich, I may just take my money and go retire in some unkown town in the Philippines. :D
    Israel.
    I make less money and feel so much richer, I love it!
  • edited November 2014
    Stangmar said:

I'd suggest singapore or malaysia. 
    is dead like the dodo
  • Xeria said:
    Stangmar said:

I'd suggest singapore or malaysia. 
    But I'm familiar with the Philippines and can speak Tagalog.  So......
    Stangmar - Retired

• @Stangmar

Oh okay, sorry. Carry on then.
    is dead like the dodo
  • Shaddus said:
    Wait did American's turn out to vote?

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

Without going into detail because IRE doesn't like politics on the forums,
    Leolamins said:
    Shaddus said:
    Not the smart ones :/
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Debatable.  And I will simply leave it at that.
  • Kind of an assholish comment.
    Stangmar - Retired

• SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    The people in my state should have written in Darth Maul as a candidate. It would have been the best pick, given all the choices.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Shaddus said:
    Without going into detail because IRE doesn't like politics on the forums,
    Leolamins said:
    Shaddus said:
    Not the smart ones :/
    Good thing I'm not American.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    You're not even human.
  • isn't there a rule against political posts?

It's true, I really am you.
  • It really depends on the nature of the post, I suspect. General political discussions (much like these) probably aren't disallowed, but starting a whole "Republicans rule, Democrats drool" tirade probably falls well outside the rules.
  • Republocrats and Demolicans are better.
  • I say we should just create the United Federation of Planet(s) already and be done with it.
  • Ssaliss said:
    I say we should just create the United Federation of Planet(s) already and be done with it.
    The UN changed it's name once before, no reason it can't change it's name again.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Yeah, but in that history, the UN becomes defunct, and there's a bloody WWIII we have to go through first :( .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Everiine said:
    Yeah, but in that history, the UN becomes defunct, and there's a bloody WWIII we have to go through first :( .
    Or... and this is just a thought... we can skip that part and pretend it happened?