General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• Enyalida said:
    I use de-humidifers. Like, two or three really big ones, that each have to be emptied at least once a day. Must be nice to live in a place that dries out so easily :P
    My favorite part about living in the desert is NO HUMIDITY.  

I lived in the Philippines for 2 year.  EFF HUMIDITY. 
    Stangmar - Retired

• SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Northeastern United States, actually typically very humid, but the five space heaters I have made the air in my apartment dry out. But actually, I have a rave... for the raves thread.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Not only have I been in a bad mood lately, but my job cut us all back on hours. I'm down to 40 hours a week from 58+, and that cuts 300 bucks a week easily from my check. Right before the holidays.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Thank you in-laws, I definitely wanted to spend my morning preventing a fight between you and my wife -then- getting the joy of taking our dog to the emergency vet because you let him get into baking chocolate. Again.

Thanks

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• Shaddus said:
    Not only have I been in a bad mood lately, but my job cut us all back on hours. I'm down to 40 hours a week from 58+, and that cuts 300 bucks a week easily from my check. Right before the holidays.
    Unless you are a truck driver, or other profession which has laws about not working for than 40 hours a week, its time to start looking for a new job.  It means they are having problems.
  • Kagato said:
    Orventa said:
    In a couple days, it will be my birthday.

And I am dreading it with every coming second.

Because it will mark one year from when someone beloved to me was taken from me. And circumstances dictate that they will likely never again be able to return to where I am. And I cannot be where they are.

It marks months of heartache.

But it will mark celebration for them, for which I can be glad, simply because they still live.

But I am still terrified to wish, because wishes have prices, and I have nothing left to give.
    @Orventa I know the feeling all too well, my father was taken from me 2 days before my 13th birthday, granted that was nearly 20 years ago now, but each year it still comes to mind, how different things might be if he was still around.  If you need someone to talk to/vent on, I'll be happy to talk.
    @Kagato Thanks. I'm grateful my person's still around. It's still definitely distressing though, as it was a traumatic ordeal.. as is recognizing it as such.

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • Where is all this sudden drama (IG) directed at me coming from?

To those people, please flaming step up and tell it to my face. thanks. So I know who you are and what it is. thanks.
    is dead like the dodo
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Everything I want to do takes more cognitive energy than I have to give right now.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    Daganev said:
    Shaddus said:
    Unless you are a truck driver, or other profession which has laws about not working for than 40 hours a week, its time to start looking for a new job.  It means they are having problems.
    Work generally slows down during the winter months, people don't build a lot of pipelines in the winter. But our company just brought in a lot of new supervisors who think they know how to run the plant, unlike the people who have worked here for 20+ years.

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited November 2014
    Shaddus said:
    Daganev said:
    Shaddus said:
    Work generally slows down during the winter months, people don't build a lot of pipelines in the winter. But our company just brought in a lot of new supervisors who think they know how to run the plant, unlike the people who have worked here for 20+ years.

Hrm, guessing that they will eventually find work will start to backlog, at which point they will hopefully see sense and return to the status quo.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
    Kagato said:
    Shaddus said:
    Daganev said:
    Shaddus said:

Hrm, guessing that they will eventually find work will start to backlog, at which point they will hopefully see sense and return to the status quo.
    Yeah, it happens pretty often. It just sucks that they did it right before thanksgiving.
  • That sucks.  My dad's work is shutting down for a week for remodeling next month.  Everybody's going to have a thin paycheck right before Christmas.

Stangmar - Retired

Go away, stomach bug. Not interested.
  • Not getting very many projects sent my way at work.

The writing is on the wall methinks.
    Stangmar - Retired

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    My talented co-decorator is leaving Christmas Eve. We're already habitually understaffed and our boss has a well established pattern of waiting and waiting to hire new employees (as evinced most recently by the fact that our baker has been having to work six days a week at 4:00 or earlier for the last two months). I don't want to be pessimistic, but I foresee a long period where I'm going to be the only one handling all custom decoration and cake orders, and it's just not going to be sustainable for me.

On top of that... I really like my talented co-decorator. We have perfectly complementary skills and interests and it's going to suck not having her around because it takes me a long time to warm up to people and I can't imagine I'll get along with anyone else quite as well. 
    :-<
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Selenity said:
    Northeastern United States, actually typically very humid, but the five space heaters I have made the air in my apartment dry out. But actually, I have a rave... for the raves thread.
    I feel you. It's like...turn on the fireplace and also the unavoidable sanguinary face fountain, or walk around draped in a fabulous afghan (and trip down the steps multiple times).
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Daraius said:
    We're already habitually understaffed and our boss has a well established pattern of waiting and waiting to hire new employees...
    Speaking of which, while we're teetering at the brink of unsustainable, the occasionally flakey guy has decided to go all out flake on us, and disappeared completely on us yesterday for extended periods while loudly bragging the stuff he pulls and gets away with while in earshot of pretty much everyone who is relevant, with the basic attitude of, "Hey, the worst they can do is fire me!".

I'm getting tired of all my coworkers turning into imbeciles.

• edited November 2014
    This is both in game and out of game dissatisfaction here.. and.. has anyone else ever done this?

I seem to h ave "misplaced" 200 credits, like.. they just got up and went on vacation somewhere. Maybe I spent them, but by the gods I cannot remember on what! Know I bought a big curio package a while back BUT it was with membership credits so.. no idea D: Maybe I got up and sleep walked and spent them on something, I just hope they were well used I suppose.

Edit: or I just have too many at an odd number to know how many I have >.>
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Messed around with my OS again, and thought I'd fully backed up my Mudlet profile folder so I wouldn't lose anything when I reinstalled. Nope! Didn't back up the most important part of the folder.

Thankfully, I play from both my desktop and my laptop, and have a complete copy of the profile on the laptop that I can copy over, but here's a PSA: Always check your backups before erasing the originals! Don't be like me :( .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • I just buy new HDDs when I need to reinstall. That way, I always have everything on the original HDD, just in case I forgot something.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Giant migraine last night that resulted in about three hours of sleep. Right before another eleven hour day at work. FML
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    *sigh* My desktop and laptop Mudlet profile configurations don't quite match... now, I have to remember how to set up all my little GUI tweaks again. At least I have my aliases and triggers, as well as m&m.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    For those of you who are keeping track and/or have figured out who my alt is:

I went to the cardiologist this morning and had a clot in my leg (DVT treated with a shot of heparin, woot?). Doctor talked to my profs for me to inform them the symptoms of strokes and TIAs (mini strokes) just in case I have one (dvt doesn't necessarily lead to either, but he said on the off chance it does with me, better to have them aware).

In the event I do, for those who know me, please be patient with me. I won't be hopping off of my alt, Gods willing (AKA I don't lose Lusternia from my memory worse than before). However, if I do have a (mini) stroke, you could expect things from me more often such as: jumbled sentences, slower typing, zoning out, random bouts of confusion, and -- for those who Skype with me -- slurred speech.

Sorry for any inconveniences this causes any of you. Looking forward to play with everyone in game!
  • Type as slowly as you ever care to. I love you, Z. :)

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • Please get better, Z. 

Loves yooooooou!
  • Xeria said:
    Where is all this sudden drama (IG) directed at me coming from?

To those people, please flaming step up and tell it to my face. thanks. So I know who you are and what it is. thanks.
    We would, but you immaturely snub us after cussing us out.

Hrm, I wonder where it could come from?
    Zouviqil said:
    Is it me?
  • edited November 2014
    Frustrated with potential hires and interns who ask me to call them because questions. I call them right away, they never respond. And it's boggling because these are paid working interviews. We pay you to show us your stuff! And all I seem to get is crickets. Students, I understand because of coursework. But really. Why apply at all if you don't answer back? We're still hiring by the way. Like right now, this very second. <.<;

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • Shaddus said:
    Zouviqil said:
    Is it me?
    Is it wrong of me to say 'likely', or are we all past that 'everyone is a Shaddus alt, esp Estarra' phase?
    Woke up on Thanksgiving to a notice from my internet that my wifi has been used to download copyrighted material. Niiiiiice.