General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• Shaddus said:
    Woke up on Thanksgiving to a notice from my internet that my wifi has been used to download copyrighted material. Niiiiiice.
    Verify that is actually from your ISP and not a scam. There was one going around here where you'd get a fake police letter and had to pay a fine. If it is real, and you didn't do anything, dispute it and possibly look into better network security if someone was on your network that shouldn't be there.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Rialorm said:
    Shaddus said:
    Woke up on Thanksgiving to a notice from my internet that my wifi has been used to download copyrighted material. Niiiiiice.
    Verify that is actually from your ISP and not a scam. There was one going around here where you'd get a fake police letter and had to pay a fine. If it is real, and you didn't do anything, dispute it and possibly look into better network security if someone was on your network that shouldn't be there.
    Nah, my ISP has a deal where they'll automatically lock out your internet and not let you access any websites besides the official Suddenlink website, they present you with an online letter showing what was downloaded and when, and tell you not to do it again. You have to agree to terms and services and the like, and then it's activated again.

I found out one of my sons downloaded Resident Evil back in October, or something.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Wow,
    Shaddus said:
    I had that happen once.  And to download that newer Terminator movie, as the idiots downloaded in a manner that it was able to be identified by -name-.

Talking about a week with no internet for investigation.

I learned, quickly, to password lock mah shit, homie. Perhaps you should do the same?
    Unless it is open Wifi from somewhere else, in which case, I'm sadfacing for ya, man.
  • He said it was his son, so I don't think it's an unprotected network issue.  

I would be livid.  
    Stangmar - Retired

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I'd be livid if I had a kid too.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    You may think so, but you'd be surprised

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.

• Stangmar said:
    He said it was his son, so I don't think it's an unprotected network issue.  

I would be livid.  
    When I wrote the reply, he hadn't posted that...just now noticed it.

At least it was a decent film...?
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    My internet has decided to be intermittent and slow. Yay.
  • Omg, Walking Dead posted a huge spoiler on their Facebook when most of the country hasn't even had it air yet. FFS AMC. WHY.

• That's why I stopped following TWD on FB, and also unsubscribed from the subreddit.

I bought the season on Google Play, so I don't see the episodes until the next day after they air.  I'll be watching the midseason finale tonight after work.

If anybody spoils it.........
    Stangmar - Retired

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Lesson of the day: if you set down your superglue application tool (toothpick) for a minute, don't pick it up again by the end that has glue on it. You feel real dumb if you do that.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
    My dear pup Adonis ate and then threw up the sweet mask I made for Halloween. He can be a real a-hole.
    I used to make cakes.

• At least it wasn't before Halloween...
  • The furry convention I was at made worldwide news! For a chlorine bomb! HAHAHAHAHahhaaaaaaa...

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• LOL, I read that on the news earlier.  My first thought was that one or more of you guys were there.........

Stangmar - Retired

• edited December 2014
    STABBY STABBY IN YOUR FACE-Y FACE-Y.

:-w

----------------------------------------
    EDIT: Not caused by anything in lusternia. IG or in the forums
    is dead like the dodo
  • Xeria said:
    STABBY STABBY IN YOUR FACE-Y FACE-Y.

:-w

>_>
    ...what?
    The playa you love to hate
  • The fact that in summer I can sit in 21C with just a t-shirt and skirt on and be perfectly warm, but in winter I'm wearing multiple layers of clothing, thermostat up to 22C and have a blanket draped over me and I am still cold! It's mostly my legs and it is probably due to sitting still, but during summer it isn't a problem at all. Why does my circulation seem to be affected by the weather outside while I am comfy indoors? >_>
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • It's due to humidity.  When you run the heater, you're removing moisture and humidity.   Including from your own skin.  Evaporation is a cooling process. When you run the A/C, you add humidity.

Yeah science!  

Stangmar - Retired

• Stangmar said:
    It's due to humidity.  When you run the heater, you're removing moisture and humidity.   Including from your own skin.  Evaporation is a cooling process. When you run the A/C, you add humidity.

Yeah science!  

Huh, I never heard this before but that actually makes a lot of sense because the indoor air does indeed get dry in winter, especially when you don't open the window for ventilation as much. Maybe I should get one of those humidifier things after all.
  • When you wake up to your Skype being full of nudges that your Divine was online... at 4am, when you were soundly asleep. Woe :(
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    What is WRONG with my damn internet? It's been spotty as all getout recently, right when I really want/need it. I'm trying to use my phone tethering to get connected, but I get really bad data reception at my house, being on a mountain as it is. raaaah
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    I'm not as strong as I want to believe I am.
  • Selenity said:
    I'm not as strong as I want to believe I am.
    We can't always be, but honestly from my experience you are tough as diamonds. *hug*
    I took my old dog Apollo to what will likely be his last vet appointment.
    I used to make cakes.

• So, I just found out that because the other two in my trio for a performance still can't seem to get their REDACTED together in regards to staging and you know learning the words... that we will all get failing grades and the performance is half cancelled, because ensemble. I've been preparing all year for this thing, rehearsing etc. I actually had a kickass recital just yesterday, but now... Also my throat is now raw and I have a fever and now will likely miss out on doing my solo for that  half performance... so yeah. Fun times.

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Orventa said:
    So, I just found out that because the other two in my trio for a performance still can't seem to get their REDACTED together in regards to staging and you know learning the words... that we will all get failing grades and the performance is half cancelled, because ensemble. I've been preparing all year for this thing, rehearsing etc. I actually had a kickass recital just yesterday, but now... Also my throat is now raw and I have a fever and now will likely miss out on doing my solo for that  half performance... so yeah. Fun times.
    So sorry to hear about that :(  Perhaps you could apply for special consideration  (I don't know what it is like where you are studying but at the university I go to, typically for group projects, each person is marked individually as well as a group mark so that if one or more of the group don't pull their weight, you don't end up with the entire group flunking)
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • Minor rant compared to everyone else (so sorry for you all having such an awful time :( ) but I was called a liar by an agent today for driving past a sign that said "no entry save local traffic". The signs are there each market Thursday to deter people who do not live here from parking in the surrounding streets so they don't have the pay for a parking spot in the designated areas. I got halted and told I cannot park here. I point out respectfully there are no signs saying that, and that I am in my right to be here as I am a resident and thus local traffic. Agent proceeds to kick up a fuss until I start naming off details about the street and the road works in the past weeks while I try and think how I can prove I am not lying (in retrospect, I think my insurance papers have that). He left me off eventually but that was rather frustrating. I'm thankful they try and make it so we people can park here in the street but that's a pretty inefficient way of going about it. Even so you cannot technically prevent people from parking unless you have a no parking sign, only ask that people are considerate. It's quite likely that people are still being jerks because I always see cars here that otherwise don't belong, but you're going after entirely the wrong person. Plus, all things considered, he never asked for any real proof so I could have just been a very convincing liar after all >_>
  • The blizzard knocked out power at my house late afternoon yesterday and it's still not back and they might not have it back tonight, which will force me to scramble to find a hotel with a room that'll let me bring my dog, at a time when a lot of other people are in the same situation. All because of water pressure. I can rough it just fine and have a woodstove, but when you can't flush the toilets or run any water, that limits your options. I can't afford a hotel stay right now... for one thing, the same blizzard just ruined my $800 snowthrower. :(