Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Arcanis said:
    Elanorwen said:
    Synkarin said:
    The forge quest only determines if you convert miners one way or the other. ... it doesn't turn them living
    If your org holds Angkrag and you complete the Flame Warriors quest, Thorgan asks to speak with a city head... i.e. Guild master or the elected leader of the city. When he does speak with them, he asks if the undead of Angkrag should be revived and converted or not. If you say yes, he pulls out a world-wide emote, moves to Angkrag and.... nothing happens. Hence the claim at a bugged quest.

How revolting...Turning the viscanti into living. The very thought is disturbing.

Edit: Or do you perhaps mean he would convert the undead dwarf miners? There were none within for some time.
    The undead viscanti... i.e. the mobs we couldn't influence throughout that revolt and that you kept sneaking in to try and influence under sanctuary. Including the skeleton guards et al.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    And you attempted to complete this quest...when?
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Elanorwen said:
    Synkarin said:
    The forge quest only determines if you convert miners one way or the other. ... it doesn't turn them living
    If your org holds Angkrag and you complete the Flame Warriors quest, Thorgan asks to speak with a city head... i.e. Guild master or the elected leader of the city. When he does speak with them, he asks if the undead of Angkrag should be revived and converted or not. If you say yes, he pulls out a world-wide emote, moves to Angkrag and.... nothing happens. Hence the claim at a bugged quest.
    Yeah, I think you're confused.

The Flame warrior quest only stops converting miners to undead, it doesn't turn the villagers to living guys. That's a completely separate quest I believe. The Flame quest has been around for quite some time, longer than the 'turn angkrag living' quest, and it's sole purpose is to stop conversions one way or the other. Can't convert to undead if Flame warriors are out, can't convert back to living if armours are out. 

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited December 2014
    Here's the deal.

Being that Hallifax could've influenced Angkrag twice over before Magnagora woke up, if they were all living, this wouldn't be an issue. Right after Hallifax got Angkrag, we released flame warriors and tried to do the thing. Because, in addition to preventing miners from being turned into undead, a CL or GM of Hallifax (or whoever owns Angkrag) can ask Thorgan (leader of the Chancel) to unleash the flame warriors on Angkrag, "cleansing" it and presumably making it easier for non-Mags/non-Gloms to influence the village. I know you all saw the world emote because there was complaining on the forums about it, and because we tried it at least three times during our ownership of Angkrag.

Feyda said:
    Oh man, it's possible to score two villages during the revolts and -still- end up complaining at the end of the day.

Talk about sore winning.
    Really? Do rich people suddenly lose the ability to report a theft to the police after they reach a certain threshold of money? Give us a break.

We're rightfully mildly outraged because nothing was done to fix the quest or set Angkrag right. But for me, at least, my anger is directed at the administration. @Ieptix, where you at.

EDIT: We also did, of course, bug this and message Ieptix. I know I did.

• Is this the quest that Celest did to make Angkrag living that got a lot of flak when it got implemented? I thought that needed some special conditions, or am I remembering wrongly? My impression was that Celest had to get both the dwarven villages and Angkrag, and only then did they manage to get the admin to put in this quest for them because they didn't like their village being undead-y.

• I think there's a difference between attempting to get an issue resolved, and your typical forum whining. I would classify directly calling out another organization (who did nothing but take the village) to be forum whining.

It's also why bugs/issues exist, so we don't have to run to the forum to complain every time something doesn't go our way (i.e, "Waah, we should have won three times, not twice!"). Even now saying that you reported it, not sure why it was necessary to come here about it.

Why not be content with your current wins and let things be handled like they normally would be? :S
  • Lerad said:
    Is this the quest that Celest did to make Angkrag living that got a lot of flak when it got implemented? I thought that needed some special conditions, or am I remembering wrongly? My impression was that Celest had to get both the dwarven villages and Angkrag, and only then did they manage to get the admin to put in this quest for them because they didn't like their village being undead-y.
    Yeah, it's that quest, and iirc, they did indeed have all three dwarf villages. May or may not have been the issue -- why would they allow the whole hubbub of the world emote to go through otherwise?

Lerad said:
    Is this the quest that Celest did to make Angkrag living that got a lot of flak when it got implemented? I thought that needed some special conditions, or am I remembering wrongly? My impression was that Celest had to get both the dwarven villages and Angkrag, and only then did they manage to get the admin to put in this quest for them because they didn't like their village being undead-y.
    Then Thorgan shouldn't have been reacting the way he did by claiming that he needs to talk to a CL/GM of Hallifax about Angkrag. Either way, a bug does exist. That said, I don't get the controversy about a village that can only be fully influenced by two organizations either, to me that makes even less sense than a quest to revive the undead, but whatever... it's always the case of... "Oh noes, Elanorwen sees something that the south has more of, what a crybaby!"

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    I guess what you should do is issue Magnagora for bug abuse, ask Ieptix to fix the bug and ask him to just transfer Angkrag to Hallifax.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited December 2014
    Feyda said:
    I think there's a difference between attempting to get an issue resolved, and your typical forum whining. I would classify directly calling out another organization (who did nothing but take the village) to be forum whining.

It's also why bugs/issues exist, so we don't have to run to the forum to complain every time something doesn't go our way (i.e, "Waah, we should have won three times, not twice!"). Even now saying that you reported it, not sure why it was necessary to come here about it.

Why not be content with your current wins and let things be handled like they normally would be? :S
    If I had to guess, it's because Hallifax spent a lot of time and tedium in Angkrag that should've never happened in the first place, either by A. we get to influence the whole living village or B. we don't bother because we already got two and we can't touch the undead.

EDIT: We chose option C, of course, which was "stick it out because we're gonna win despite the game working against us, doggoneit, plus there's no opposition and we have good village feelings".

• When dd the loboshigaru race unevolve and become drooling house pets :/
    The playa you love to hate
    I always make Aslaran and Lobo's my drooling house pets
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited December 2014
    How dare you
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    Most cannot resist their Goddess. 
  • edited December 2014
    Daraius said:
    How dare you

Not you, you're cool. It's all these stupid lobo pretenders
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Wtb impressionable lobo novices for House Shevat.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    Daraius said:

I'm your huckleberry (hound)
  • edited December 2014
    Daraius said:

Trust me, you don't want the one I have in mind.
  • edited December 2014
    This Angkrag conversation makes me laugh, a lot. Especially since a lot of the people whining insulted Ventidius quite a bit because he was outmatched. Seriously, guys, stop acting like you are entitled to everything and stop stamping your feet.

I had fun, I did my part, and in the end, Magnagora was victorious. @Arcanis deserves a lot of respect for making Braveheart look like a pussy.
  • Lerad said:

That's the quest in question yes.

If any member of an organization that owns Angkrag completes the quest to summon the flame Warriors, they'll be requested to bring in a city leader (GM or King/Warlord/Seneschal/DrunkestDracnari). The city leader is then offered a proposition. With the blessing of the city, the chancel will summon forth the Flame Warriors to attack Angkrag and drive out the undead. Theoretically, this should be possible for *any* city that owns Angkrag, even Glomdoring and Magnagora (though I can't test that myself).

The end result is supposed to make Angkrag a living village until the next revolt, and from what I gather, provide some commodities from the new miners working there, though not as much as a full contingent of undead miners. (This is only hearsay. Can't confirm what effect liberating Angkrag has on commodities.)

Either way, main point is. No, you do not need to own any other villages to activate this quest, and yes it can be done without the admin activating it as a special event.

Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    You said until next revolt. That stands to reason during revolt it wouldn't matter
  • Munsia said:
    You said until next revolt. That stands to reason during revolt it wouldn't matter
    Village feelings.
    Munsia said:
    Perhaps the wording should have been until after next revolt. I'm not sure if it just resets to undead after the village is claimed or if it requires a counter quest to switch back to undead. Otherwise I really don't see the point. Unless, of course, we're playing with cards stacked in Mag's favor where the village will always have undead during revolt, which is frankly stupid. Considering Paavik also has a bunch of undead to influence, I don't see a reason why any organization needs hand-offs to where you get about 66% extra denizens to influence during a revolt. Name one village where you -can't- influence because you're undead and I'll agree with you on there needing to be a village where only undead can influence.

I'm going to be honest. All I'm hearing is once again, the newbies (you) complaining about something that's been in the game since creation....
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I will trade being undead for some awesome charisma.

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    I'd also like for the reverse to be true, if Magnagora holds Rockholm and Southgard, then we can move Undead in.

But as it stands, if you want to claim all 3 mountain villages, you have to take Rockholm and Southgard first before Angkrag.

And it's not like you couldn't have planned ahead and got crow cloaks ahead of time. If you are bitching about not being able to influence for village feelings, you should've successfully bribed some Glom novices way before the day of and kept the cloaks in a stockroom.

Poor planning on your part.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Munsia said:
    I'm going to be honest. All I'm hearing is once again, the newbies (you) complaining about something that's been in the game since creation....
    While not commenting on the merits of this particular change, I feel the need to point out that a thing having been in the game since creation is has no bearing on whether or not that thing is a net positive to the game or whether it should be changed.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
This discussion has been closed.