Real World Raves

Comments

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Kagato said:

Daraius said:

Yeah that thing was amazing. He was a little sluggish moving around in it, unsurprisingly, but the pieces all fit together and moved over each other realistically. Sadly, he lost to Wedding Dress Katniss Everdeen because she brought her own coterie of screaming fans.

Hah, same thing happened at the Armageddon Expo here in NZ last year.  I thought there was better outfits in general but it lost out to OMGHUNGERGAMESMOCKINGJAYSALUTEEHWOHTAY!

Personally I think at this point Hunger Games in general is becoming overhyped, though the technical work the winner had put in the dress would have at least earned her Best Technical award.
    I forgot Hunger Games was even a thing. Are they done with the movies yet?
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • I think they split Mockingjay into multiple movies. Because everyone wants to be Harry Potter.
  • Yup.  It's now become the in thing to split the last book into 2 movies.  Thanks Warner Brothers.  

Stangmar - Retired

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    The really cool kids take one book and split it into three movies.

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Two movies would have been more than enough. Though the White Council storyline was great--better than the interpretation of the actual story.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • I got my laptop fixed, thanks to a mysterious donor giving me an external hard drive. It's ghetto, but functional. Hurray!
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Managed to give my Valentine his present without vomiting. That's definitely a plus!
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • He's no longer in pain, and he was an amazing creature and better companion. He'll be missed greatly, but I can only hope he's in a better place. First real pet loss in my life ... This is unhealthily painful. But. Yeah. 
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  • I am alone. In my house. Kinda like Isune's...except this is a rare event. Like...kinda...four years in the making rare. :) (I have cake too...it tastes like freedom!)
  • Related to my dissatisfaction post:

I spent so long in the damn desert, and I hate the cold with a passion, but DAMN I love snow...it's just quiet and peaceful.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    We've got about 4-5 inches now and it's expected to double overnight. Can't wait to see how Adonis reacts to the new landscape tomorrow morning. :x
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    I did some of the most intense sledding of my life. Also ATV snowdriving. Probably the best snow day I've had since elementary school. @-)
    I used to make cakes.

• But you missed the most important question.

How did Adonis react to the new landscape?
    edited February 2015
    He may have found his calling as a snow plow. Or a downed sledder rescue dog. Or an ATV racer. Currently he's in a state of catatonia.

I used to make cakes.

• I got Windows up and running again on my laptop.

But I also experimented with Linux Mint from a USB drive.  It looks so nice.   New external HD is coming tomorrow.  I'm going to install Linux on it.
    Stangmar - Retired

• I run Linux Mint on my netbook, from an external HD no less. It's pretty nice. Only distro I've found thusfar that shipped with drivers for synaptic and my sound card, though I did have to do some finagling to get wi-fi working. I use the MATE desktop environment because my hardware's a little on the old side, but I've heard good things about Cinnamon.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I love Cinnamon. In fact, a couple days ago, I installed Cinnamon on my Trisquel installation. It's so much nicer than GNOME Shell and GNOME Fallback. MATE is nice, too, but I prefer Cinnamon.

I tried KDE once. I didn't really like it at all. XFCE and LXDE are great for low-end computers.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    I tend to like most things I make but today I made a brown butter cake with pistachio cream filling and toasted pistachio Swiss meringue frosting and it literally figuratively blew my socks off. Sorry I can't send tastes through the internet.
    I used to make cakes.

• Daraius said:

I tend to like most things I make but today I made a brown butter cake with pistachio cream filling and toasted pistachio Swiss meringue frosting and it literally figuratively blew my socks off. Sorry I can't send tastes through the internet.

I don't suppose you could share the recipie?
    I actually probably can't, or shouldn't, since it might become a product we sell... but then again I don't think I signed a non-disclosure agreement or anything. I'll give it some thought. If I can share it in some way without actually giving away our commercial recipes, I'll post in the cookbook thread.  :\">
    I used to make cakes.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    imageA store about two towns over is owned by some Mennonite people and they buy damaged freight food to sell at a discount. You find all sorts of stuff, some you can't normally find in America. Today I found this at 5 boxes for a dollar.

Om nom nom.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I have discovered Scrivener. I am increasingly impressed. 
  • I applied for college.

And I came back to Lusternia.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Björk gives me life.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."