General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I'm fond of xubuntu myself. Ubuntu without the bloat is nice.
  • Lol, trying to update my Win 8 to 8.1.  Apparently when you do a reinstall, it takes you back to 8.

Now it won't let me have 8.1 

Stangmar - Retired

• edited February 2015

• It's, like a quarter inch of snow, seriously.
  • Aerotan said:

It's, like a quarter inch of snow, seriously.

Up this neck of the woods, they salted the roads... but then it rained and washed it all away. And everything is now ice and terrifying death. I-77 is closed down because 17 miles of it is all black ice and there was a 35 car pile up.

North Cackalacky dun caught the dumb.

• edited February 2015
    They took my tooth. Then they proceeded to tell me what an amazing tooth it is. Then continued to gawk at my glorious tooth. It took them an hour and a half to extract said tooth. I may be dying in agony right now.

No...I am definitely dying in pain right now.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    *hugs*

• Learned that I am not a Pyromancer IRL today.

Oops. Sorry mom's house, you smell like smoke and butt now.

• Aiyana said:

Learned that I am not a Pyromancer IRL today.

That sounds like one of my bad chili nights...
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Second time mixing oil and ashes. Botched it the other direction this time. Well, guess I got a year to figure this out again.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Aiyana said:

..Because... because of your hot ass?
  • Enyalida said:

Aiyana said:

..Because... because of your hot ass?
    Obby. <3

But no, because I decided it was a good idea to try and cover the smell with febreeze and room spray. >_>

It is cold as cocytus here, the high tomorrow down in town is 10 degrees, it's not likely to get even that warm up on my mountain, bluuuuh. I went to the store and stocked up on non-perishables and booze. 
  • Arguments that never resolve because of perspective differences. What an exhausting bit of conversation.
    Her storm-coloured eyes a muted blue, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "Only sorrow can come from a rotting thought, My child, just like roots that have been drowned. You are a paragon of the wisdom I would see spread throughout the Serenwilde, but even the strongest minds must find release."
    -
    A shimmering liquid appears in your inventory smelling sweetly of something carbonated. It vanishes in a puff of silver smoke seconds later.
    -
    I write things
  • Arguments that never resolve because the other party is willfully ignorant of the fact that you are providing them with the answer to the question they are asking.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Randomly losing internet connection again. I really hope it's somehow just weather related and not a sign of things to come. :-w
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Grading essay proposals is very boring, and I am easily distracted. :(
  • Enyalida said:

It is cold as cocytus here, the high tomorrow down in town is 10 degrees, it's not likely to get even that warm up on my mountain, bluuuuh. I went to the store and stocked up on non-perishables and booze. 

Fantastic. Made my day. 
  • edited February 2015
    Seriously tempted to go upstairs and clobber my upstairs neighbour - that or complain to my landlord.  I don't know what the heck they are doing, I'm tempted to go up and ask him/her if they are training for the army or something because for the past 4 nights all I have heard is *THUD THUD THUD THUD THUD* as they walk back and forth across the floor of their bedroom (which is the roof of my one) for upwards of an hour at a time.  Last night they were doing it at 1am in the freakin' morning, which IMO is simply not on, since I was trying to get to sleep.

EDIT: Went up and gave them an earful because it started again not long after midnight, basically told them to keep it down or I'd take it to the landlord.
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • Kaalak said:

Enyalida said:

Fantastic. Made my day. 
    What's it like living on a mountain? 

I live in on the equator, and It dream about snow and living in a cottage on mountain side with a great view. I've never seen snow in person. 
    is dead like the dodo
  • Colder than anything you're likely to have experienced outside a man-made freezer in the winter, acceptably temperate most of the year. You can't get decent internet if the weather's bad, you can forget about cellular signal, much less 3- or 4G, , you may as well not have an address if it starts snowing, and the view in autumn is likely to die for.
  • Where I live, I live in the surburbs of a capital city, weather patterns at present are rainy cool- rainy hot- sudden showers hot- Blisteringly hot - thunderstorm - rainy-hot.

It's nice and cool in the morning then hotter than a dog in a pot by 11 am.

cold for us is about 20-25C in the evenings after the rain. You get sun tanned after 10-20 minutes exposure to the sun on cloudless days.

(Makes doing the laundry or running errands a wee bit of a pain really!) 
    is dead like the dodo
    A lot of times, I can just leave tupperware out on the counter, as (depending on how long the weather has been like that) it's almost certainly warmer in my refrigerator than it is in my kitchen. 
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    My Wii U is spying on me. I know it.

So I'm sitting playing Lusternia, listening to the soundtrack from Donkey Kong Country. It finishes, I'm chilling out, and from the other room, I hear an unfamiliar beep. I go to check it out, and on my Wii U gamepad is an advertisement for Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze.

*puts earmuffs on the Wii U*
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Do you want to make everyone in the building hate you?

Have you always dreamed of making a whole dorm empty out into the snow?

Then you need drunk logic! With our patented blend of chemicals and general stupidity, you too can have startlingly bad ideas that involve fire! With just three easy shots of 44ml, you'll find yourself not only thinking that deep-frying candy bars is a good idea, but that since it's Scottish you should use whiskey instead of oil.

...I really miss living near all those Mormons. They never did crap like that.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Where is that 'hug' button..?
  • I'm sorry, did you say 'deep frying in whiskey'?
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    I did. The guy filled a deep fryer with whiskey and applied a lot of heat. There was a remarkably well contained fire.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Portius said:

...I really miss living near all those Mormons. They never did crap like that.

Never misunderestimate my ability to do something stupid even without alcohol. 
    Stangmar - Retired