QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• Woooooowww.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Wait, you rip the sabre from her grasp and then fly across the wall? How do you tower over her then? 

Seriously though, every time I play Celestian Vengeance, I notice at least two typos. I think my record was close to 8-10 in one game.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Enyalida said:

Wait, you rip the sabre from her grasp and then fly across the wall? How do you tower over her then? 

Seriously though, every time I play Celestian Vengeance, I notice at least two typos. I think my record was close to 8-10 in one game.
    She strikes you in the arm, and her weapon sticks in your arm bone. You flail your arm, jerking her weapon out of her hand and sending it flying over the wall.

It's not a typo, it's just oddly written.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited March 2015
    Not oddly written, incorrect.

To clarify, your rewrite is the sequence of events the sentence was intended to describe. It's not what the sentence actually describes.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    The second message quoted also has some typos and strange phrases. 
    It's also the strangest scenario of the games I've played in, in the sense that the characters are stopping to chat and intrigue in the lull between waves of enemies during battle. For comparison, Seren's is set during a time of historical intrigue, during which it was hard to tell friend from foe. Hallifax's isn't during outright war at all, as I remember it, there are masked enemies sneaking into the city to make chaos, or something to that effect. Besides the overblown (and glitchy) writing style of Celest's vengeance, its setting is least to my taste as well.
  • Magnagora's is also intrigue and 'one of the noble houses is taking advantage of the chaos caused by the Taint Wars to eliminate their competitors - only the Ninth can do this, and they wouldn't be being CAUGHT if they were the Ninth. Find and kill these idiots.'
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Aw man, you can't do tarot readings with just the Major Arcana!

You should've come up with Lusternia flavoured suits! Unless there are those already.

• The minor suits would be the same, except maybe substitute Tomes for Coins (earth). The meanings might be a lot different in Lusternia though, since I really don't see the sword suit as fitting Hallifax, but that's just me.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Sword would fit Hallifax just fine. One suit for each of the major castes (Artists, Scientists, Soldiers, Bureaucracy) and pretend that the tiny merchant caste doesn't exist and that the laborers are too low status to get a suit to themselves.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Just feels like a Lusternian tarot deck would be set up for the Old Celestine Empire, with Wands (fire) as Gaudi, Cups (water) as Celest, Tomes (earth) as Magnagora, which leaves Swords (air) for Hallifax.

On doing a bit more research and brushing up on the suits, though, swords fits just fine, as Air represents intellect, rationality, power, and thoughts.[1] 

Cups, however, seems to have been switched with Wands, with water here representing inspiration, ideas, spirituality, and energy flow, and fire representing emotion, feelings, creativity, and feelings. [1]

[1] (Biddytarot.com;retrieved on 03/02/2015)
  • Aerotan said:

Cups, however, seems to have been switched with Wands, with water here representing inspiration, ideas, spirituality, and energy flow, and fire representing emotion, feelings, creativity, and feelings. [1]

[1] (Biddytarot.com;retrieved on 03/02/2015)

Must be quite sensitive.
  • Lol. I'm not a Tarot reader irl and this was just for fun. We only had 2 days of prepping and the Tarot readings were for people who weren't participating in games so it was just a simple fortune telling thingie!

I'll come up with more complex stuff when I have more time to prep :D
                                                                  Sao <3 Pandy
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Yeah, I'm just playing. More than that, I wanted to see everyone's ideas for Lusternia suits!

• Everiine said:

@Saoirse made a mortal enemy that day. (j/k)

And Ev was ready to punch that smirk off of @Eliron :P .

Don't hate the reader, hate the cards. >.>
                                                                  Sao <3 Pandy
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Daraius said:

I'm totally shipping @Eliron and @Everiine now. 

:(
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Everiine said:

And Ev was ready to punch that smirk off of @Eliron :P .

It's been plastered there since the day he was born, good luck. [ilu Eli]

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• edited March 2015
    Portius said:

The highlight reel, for you silly foreigners:

:-w  I considered my hitherto undeclared talant for punnery to be a highlight.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    I just pulled the ones that had really great puns in the YIR specifically.

But here is the one on Talan's book:

Trade Minister Talan Ysav'rai made her own contribution to the war
    effort with "Arabella Arthar'rt." This amusing story tells of an
    unfortunately inept aide to the Library of Universal Knowledge, who,
    like Minister Ysav'rai herself, reveals a hitherto undeclared talant for
    punnery, and subsequently schemes to deploy it to earn the favor of the
    cruel Librarian.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Ieptix said:

Well, Hallifax had a good run. Now it looks like it's time to move on and feed it to the cuttlefish, though.

Bring on the calamari ~drool~

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• I don't deal in squid.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • I'll still eat it.

.oO---~---Oo.

NARF!

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Maellio said:

I'll still eat it.

Tonight at 8: The Chairman has some cuttlefish. Is this the beginning of the end? Or are we just seeing the emergence of a new creature - the Collectiveling? Stay tuned and more importantly... phabulous!

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.