Absence Thread

Comments

• Promise I'm still around. Just been re-addicted to World of Warcraft by friends.

Battletag is Morozumi#1852 if you'd like to join me. I play on the servers Vashj and Dragonblight.

• Maligorn said:
    Promise I'm still around. Just been re-addicted to World of Warcraft by friends.

Battletag is Morozumi#1852 if you'd like to join me. I play on the servers Vashj and Dragonblight.
    Oh no, you will not suck me in. I beat my WoW addiction. You're just going to have to come back to Lusternia.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    How's the rp scene over in Azeroth?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Lol
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Got a RL job, so going to be gone during the day and less active at night.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • edited September 2015
    Been doing a lot of thinking about how to word this, but basically... this is goodbye for me.

Some of you may also know me as @Kagato - my first and most active character up until I eventually rolled this character and decided to strike out on a different path and see where that left me instead.

At present, I am in my final semester at university and on course to graduate with a Bachelor of Arts degree, majoring in Creative Writing with a minor in Japanese History and Culture in mid December.  My fiancee is studying in the USA towards her own degree, which at the moment she is still around 2 and a half years off graduation.  So,  I am currently working four different jobs (no you did not misread that, FOUR JOBS) to save up and move to the USA to be with her.  Current timeline is for me to move in June next year.  So I am saving up for that and also for the two of us to get married at last.

Between university and my jobs, I simply have no time for Lusternia anymore (as those in the Ninjakari would have no doubt noticed with my absences) due to my simply being exhausted by the time I get home (waking up at 5am and going to bed at 11pm will do that to you),  I manage to poke my head in from time to time, but I always end up lapsing back into inactivity despite my sincerest efforts.

Some people that I offer my thanks to (if I miss anyone, you have my deepest apologies):

@Eventru: Even though you are not active in Lusternia anymore, the interactions Kagato had with you were always a lot of fun and will be looked upon with fond memories
    @Drocilla: While Sakaki never reached his ambition of becoming Your avatar, I always had a lot of fun in my interactions with You and everyone else in the order.
    @Lisaera: The few times I got to RP with you as Kagato were a lot of fun, if Kagato had been in Serenwilde instead of Celest, he would have very likely sought to be in your order :)
    @Raezon, @Estarra and @Roark: This is more of an OOC thank you, your work behind the scenes is appreciated more than words can express, an extra thank you for the behind-the-scenes help that was given for the Quiz that I held (and letting me actually use the quiz chamber for it!)
    @Telperion: One of Kagato's closest friends, again a lot of enjoyable RPs were had.
    @Faragan: Same as with Telperion, Kagato considered Faragan a good friend before lapsing into inactivity and had a lot of interaction with him, particularly within @Eventru's order
    @Meliana: One of the first people I ever MET in Lusternia, she is one of the people responsible for getting me interested in the first place
    @Silvanus and @Lavinya: Kagato and Sakaki were kind of opposite sides of the coin with these two - Kagato had some rather heavy grudges with them, while Sakaki enjoyed his time with them thoroughly.
    @Ellowyn: I had a lot of fun during the chances I had to RP with you on Sakaki as her brother :)
    @Tremula: RPing with you has been a lot of fun, I feel bad about how Sakaki left Tremula hanging before she left Magnagora and things never being resolved between the two of them.
    @Kaimanahi: The interactions we had were small but fairly frequent and enjoyable, Kagato always looked on Kelly/Kaimanahi with respect.

Again, my apologies if I have not mentioned you or have missed you out, if I list every single person/alt I will be typing all night.  While you may see one of my alts poking its head in from time to time, my 'active' period is officially at an end.
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • Sakaki said:
    Been doing a lot of thinking about how to word this, but basically... this is goodbye for me.

Some of you may also know me as @Kagato - my first and most active character up until I eventually rolled this character and decided to strike out on a different path and see where that left me instead.

At present, I am in my final semester at university and on course to graduate with a Bachelor of Arts degree, majoring in Creative Writing with a minor in Japanese History and Culture in mid December.  My fiancee is studying in the USA towards her own degree, which at the moment she is still around 2 and a half years off graduation.  So,  I am currently working four different jobs (no you did not misread that, FOUR JOBS) to save up and move to the USA to be with her.  Current timeline is for me to move in June next year.  So I am saving up for that and also for the two of us to get married at last.

Between university and my jobs, I simply have no time for Lusternia anymore (as those in the Ninjakari would have no doubt noticed with my absences) due to my simply being exhausted by the time I get home (waking up at 5am and going to bed at 11pm will do that to you),  I manage to poke my head in from time to time, but I always end up lapsing back into inactivity despite my sincerest efforts.

Some people that I offer my thanks to (if I miss anyone, you have my deepest apologies):

@Eventru: Even though you are not active in Lusternia anymore, the interactions Kagato had with you were always a lot of fun and will be looked upon with fond memories
    @Drocilla: While Sakaki never reached his ambition of becoming Your avatar, I always had a lot of fun in my interactions with You and everyone else in the order.
    @Lisaera: The few times I got to RP with you as Kagato were a lot of fun, if Kagato had been in Serenwilde instead of Celest, he would have very likely sought to be in your order :)
    @Raezon, @Estarra and @Roark: This is more of an OOC thank you, your work behind the scenes is appreciated more than words can express, an extra thank you for the behind-the-scenes help that was given for the Quiz that I held (and letting me actually use the quiz chamber for it!)
    @Telperion: One of Kagato's closest friends, again a lot of enjoyable RPs were had.
    @Faragan: Same as with Telperion, Kagato considered Faragan a good friend before lapsing into inactivity and had a lot of interaction with him, particularly within @Eventru's order
    @Meliana: One of the first people I ever MET in Lusternia, she is one of the people responsible for getting me interested in the first place
    @Silvanus and @Lavinya: Kagato and Sakaki were kind of opposite sides of the coin with these two - Kagato had some rather heavy grudges with them, while Sakaki enjoyed his time with them thoroughly.
    @Ellowyn: I had a lot of fun during the chances I had to RP with you on Sakaki as her brother :)
    @Tremula: RPing with you has been a lot of fun, I feel bad about how Sakaki left Tremula hanging before she left Magnagora and things never being resolved between the two of them.
    @Kaimanahi: The interactions we had were small but fairly frequent and enjoyable, Kagato always looked on Kelly/Kaimanahi with respect.

Again, my apologies if I have not mentioned you or have missed you out, if I list every single person/alt I will be typing all night.  While you may see one of my alts poking its head in from time to time, my 'active' period is officially at an end.
    Good luck Kagato!
                                                                  Sao <3 Pandy
  • My toaster decided to off itself tonight, so my logins are going to be even more scarce than usual until its replacement arrives.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    You mean it isn't a widely-known fact that Lusternia is most enjoyed with an accompaniment of toast and jam?

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• edited September 2015

• For those who still talk to me, been sick and getting ready for the state inspection with is not a easy combination. Be coming back around now and then again though.

Currently Playing in: The doctors office. One more needle and I might just lose it again.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    My in-laws come in tonight and are staying with us for the week. I'll be around, but much less during that time.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • edited September 2015
    Sorry for the double post.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • Gone fishing.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • edited September 2015
    Salome said:
    Ok. I don't want to leave it up if you don't. Get some rest.

I'm sorry you're frustrated with the situation, @Salme. In all honesty, I am deeply confused by what happened. We only wanted to know something about this person who had suddenly joined the commune/guild, and despite the political issue, no one had any intention of denying her entry to the guild. I only played to the roleplay of the guild/commune no differently than anyone else who's ever joined. There was nothing personal about it.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
    Someone joined and told you that they wanted to help the commune that they genuinely liked grow and get stronger along with it using the Voice of Mahalla (your guild skills) and was told "Okay, 8ut why are you really here?" and then asked a8out something they don't talk a8out and had no relevance to that applic8ion. And that's not what someone wants out of their guild, so that person didn't stick around. 

Probably going to let Tremula lie for a day or three while I mentally prepare myself for Celest and the inevitable epic quest, see what Viravain designs can be salvaged into Supernal ones.. At least it should be fun seeing it from the other side? Right? 

• Kethaera said:

Salome said:

Ok. I don't want to leave it up if you don't. Get some rest.

I'm sorry you're frustrated with the situation, @Salme. In all honesty, I am deeply confused by what happened. We only wanted to know something about this person who had suddenly joined the commune/guild, and despite the political issue, no one had any intention of denying her entry to the guild. I only played to the roleplay of the guild/commune no differently than anyone else who's ever joined. There was nothing personal about it.

I'm confused as well. I'm just really sad about the whole thing. I'll be fine in a few days. Until then I have my writing to keep me company.
  • Tremula said:
    Someone joined and told you that they wanted to help the commune that they genuinely liked grow and get stronger along with it using the Voice of Mahalla (your guild skills) and was told "Okay, 8ut why are you really here?" and then asked a8out something they don't talk a8out and had no relevance to that applic8ion. And that's not what someone wants out of their guild, so that person didn't stick around. 

All we asked was why now. The only reason we were even curious was because it was so sudden. If you mean the whole 'there could be another reason'- that wasn't intended to be pointed, it was just a generic statement about not understanding the Wyrd and whatnot. If she had a legitimate reason to join, then the statement wasn't about her- but that was the question we were asking. Asking about something you don't talk about- how are we supposed to know what you don't talk about? Again, two questions asked- why'd you leave, why're you joining? That's pretty standard stuff no matter where you go. I really don't know what that person was expecting, or what was said to make her so angry.
    Probably going to let Tremula lie for a day or three while I mentally prepare myself for Celest and the inevitable epic quest, see what Viravain designs can be salvaged into Supernal ones.. At least it should be fun seeing it from the other side? Right? 

edited September 2015
    Kethaera said:
    All we asked was why now. The only reason we were even curious was because it was so sudden. If you mean the whole 'there could be another reason'- that wasn't intended to be pointed, it was just a generic statement about not understanding the Wyrd and whatnot. If she had a legitimate reason to join, then the statement wasn't about her- but that was the question we were asking. Asking about something you don't talk about- how are we supposed to know what you don't talk about? Again, two questions asked- why'd you leave, why're you joining? That's pretty standard stuff no matter where you go. I really don't know what that person was expecting, or what was said to make her so angry.
    Those questions were answered. There wasn't any grand specific reason for doing it other than having wanted to for ages, so there was no need to say anything more than that. And when I didn't respond the first time Stratas asked, why would I when you asked? I told you Salome had been trying to convert me for ages, because she wanted me in the forest and knew I wanted to be in the forest. 

And maybe things would seem a little less pointed if you don't ignore someone for ten minutes and then give short, pointed answers that offer no information towards someone who had done nothing but finish the collegium, and even say that you didn't answer intentionally. It was twenty before you let that question die too, and I had to walk to you only to see you keep ignoring me and talk with someone entirely over aethers. It sets the mood for the entire interaction when that's how it starts, which isn't for ANOTHER ten minutes. 

Busy doesn't equal to rude when you can take not even a fully minute to go: reply Pardon, but I am helping a novice. or reply I will speak with you when my mind is not so distracted. 

• edited September 2015
    Tremula said:
    Kethaera said:

Those questions were answered. There wasn't any grand specific reason for doing it other than having wanted to for ages, so there was no need to say anything more than that. And when I didn't respond the first time Stratas asked, why would I when you asked? I told you Salome had been trying to convert me for ages, because she wanted me in the forest and knew I wanted to be in the forest. 
    Uh... ok. Stratas asked once, and then I said the same thing before seeing your response. It's a text game, not a live conversation. Doesn't explain the rage, nor why you didn't give us a chance to respond to the wall of text.

And maybe things would seem a little less pointed if you don't ignore someone for ten minutes and then give short, pointed answers that offer no information towards someone who had done nothing but finish the collegium, and even say that you didn't answer intentionally. It was twenty before you let that question die too, and I had to walk to you only to see you keep ignoring me and talk with someone entirely over aethers. It sets the mood for the entire interaction when that's how it starts, which isn't for ANOTHER ten minutes. 
    Right, well. I log in, and the first thing that happens is that someone asks to join the guild that I had no idea was even wanting to join the commune. Then someone starts complaining to me. Then Asani started asking me about order stuff. Then I tried to find out from Salome what was going on and what I'd missed. And... I also apologized to you for taking so long before the conversation. I don't think that's unreasonable, given the circumstances and that you'd been in the org all of a few hours. I'm not sure what question you mean, as I probably just missed it or gave an incomplete answer.

Busy doesn't equal to rude when you can take not even a fully minute to go: reply Pardon, but I am helping a novice. or reply I will speak with you when my mind is not so distracted. 
    Ok. After all the stuff above, we sat down with you one-on-one to work everything out, without being distracted. As I see it, you weren't the top priority at the time you were sending me tells. I don't think we treated you unfairly, just because there wasn't an immediate response.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Sometimes we might have plans for our character, and we have it all laid out - but the nature (and beauty if you ask me) of playing with lots of other people means plans will go awry. Mine sure did. Don't take it personally and get all up in arms with the players for not reacting or responding how you would have preferred. Take a few steps back and just relax. It's not game over.

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    edited September 2015
    I swear. Both forests probably have the worst joining laws. Both are always the biggest headache to move to with an established character. Cities got us beat there. "Yo I wanna join" "Anyone think Tarkalt is a buttface? No?" *Tarkalt gets citizened and guilded* "Hi peeps, thx."

Edit: I gave up on joining Glom with one. Same with Seren. If it wasn't for wanting to help a friend at the time, probably would've skipped rejoining Glom with Tark as well.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Things are hard right now, for reasons I don't really wanna get into here. I'll be around, but probably not much more than I need to be, and I might not be the most engaging person in-game for a little while. Just a heads up, so no one thinks I'm disappearing, or that I'm ignoring them when I am online. :(
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited September 2015
    I will say that the Harbingers are one of the most obnoxiously difficult guilds to join in the entire game, even for internal Gloms. I kind of went through the same thing. It took me just under a week to make it through the bureaucracy into the Harbs, we have this strange law about people who rejoin the guild (even former leaders or people that have never left Glom) need full support of all three leaders, and if one of those leaders happens to be dormant (not uncommon), you're basically just watching the wyrd grass grow while you wait. Which, to me, is totally weird and excessive. It really is enormously stifling and I wish they'd do something about it. I know Eliron saw the issues it caused recently and started the process to change it, but I don't know if it went anywhere.

I do understand a cooling off period and some RP expectations, but between the three sponsor law to get into Glom and the Harbs hoop jumping, we could probably stand to make things easier for regular people (read: non raiders, evil enemies, etc) to join. 

edit: And Harbs def aren't the only guild guilty of this. There's a spectrum, Harbs just happen to be the harshest. BT it notoriously easy to work with. SDs used to be totally harsh, but we turned that around some years back. Rule #1: it's a game. Don't make people work so hard just to play it.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    edited September 2015
    BUT @Tremula, you didn't wait for meeeeee.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Just letting people know I am not gone. I am just without internet (other than phone hotspot) until the 28th.

We just moved and because we are in the valley they have to install a 10' - 20' tower on my roof in order to bring in Internet. As well as, if I tried to play from my phone while there was unpacking/moving furniture to be done my wife would mount my head over her brand new fireplace as a warning to all other men.

So for the continued time being I will be scarce.

If the Spiritsingers need/want something envoyed feel free to message me and I will put in a report.