QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• While that GIF may appear to be a drag queen, it is in fact not one, but pop sensation Rihanna. I understand the error, however, and the lack of appropriate drag queen GIF has been forgiven.

This time.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    edited March 2016
    I'm aware it's Rihanna. I didn't use a drag queen because I couldn't find one that appropriately expresses my exact feelings about Altaira.

In other words: the drag queens failed me.

That's right, I said it.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• This hair curio is so emo, Glomdoring is asking it not to cut itself.

---

This mane falls like a pall of shadow, each glossy strand swept backward at his crown in a half-
    hearted queue secured by a blood-silk ribbon. Lightless as the night sky itself and bereft even of
    flecks of blue, silver or gray to fracture this proud crest of evening silk, it could easily be
    mistaken for a fleeting penumbra above his head were it not for the crests of shorter hair that
    drift like black clouds over the forehead and into his eyes.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Kiradawea said:
    This hair curio is so emo, Glomdoring is asking it not to cut itself.

---

This mane falls like a pall of shadow, each glossy strand swept backward at his crown in a half-
    hearted queue secured by a blood-silk ribbon. Lightless as the night sky itself and bereft even of
    flecks of blue, silver or gray to fracture this proud crest of evening silk, it could easily be
    mistaken for a fleeting penumbra above his head were it not for the crests of shorter hair that
    drift like black clouds over the forehead and into his eyes.
    Want.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    What hair curio is that?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Lustrous shadowy mane. Huh, I have one.

Message #10001 sent by Crek (received: 2016/03/18 01:56:23)

I wish I was Xenthos.

Message #10002 sent by Narynth (received: 2016/03/18 01:56:34)

BECAUSE EVEN MSG NUMBERS ARE A POX I SAY.

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• That's...dramatic
  • Sylandra said:
    After missing one too many letters due to being half-attentive, @Falmiis made this for me.

....How do I make something like this for things I tend to miss >.> <.<
    beep
  • A lot of cecho()

Alternatively you ask me.
  • Yehn said:
    Sylandra said:
    After missing one too many letters due to being half-attentive, @Falmiis made this for me.

Falmiis said:
    A lot of cecho()

How do I make something like that with cecho? >.> <.<
    beep
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Yehn said:
    Yehn said:
    Sylandra said:

Falmiis said:
    A lot of cecho()

How do I make something like that with cecho? >.> <.<
    cecho(<primarycolor:secondarycolor>"Line you want it to say")
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • what colors can you use with it..?
    beep
  • If you enter "lua showColors()" into the command line you'll see the built-in colours. You can actually add more of your own and hecho() lets you use hexadecimal but both of these are a bit more involved.
  • Falmiis said:
    If you enter "lua showColors()" into the command line you'll see the built-in colours. You can actually add more of your own and hecho() lets you use hexadecimal but both of these are a bit more involved.
    Hmm. Is there some way I can have it pick from those randomly..?
    beep
  • You could do something like this...

local x = math.random(255)

local y = math.random(255)

local z = math.random(255)

decho("<"..x..","..y..","..z..">test")

• edited March 2016
    Alternatively, make a table of them and select from it using t[math.random(1, #t)]. Randomly selecting RGB will often read to unreadable colours.

Also, for anybody wanting a reusable method for echoes like that:

EDIT: Removed a nonexistent/typoed colour from the paste, relinked.
    EDIT2: Added a MUSHclient version becase I got bored.
  • That looks perfect... Thanks!
    beep

Lavinya d'Murani, Chosen of Legion says, "I prefer my cheese served via flattery."

A green parakeet exclaims, "Lavinya wanna cracker! Lavinya wanna cracker!"

#bringShikariback 

• Altrea said:
    Alternatively, make a table of them and select from it using t[math.random(1, #t)]. Randomly selecting RGB will often read to unreadable colours.

Also, for anybody wanting a reusable method for echoes like that:

EDIT: Removed a nonexistent/typoed colour from the paste, relinked.
    EDIT2: Added a MUSHclient version becase I got bored.
    Almost perfect but...

How can I get it to newline before the, well, first time..?
    beep
  • Add an echo("\n") before the first for loop
  • Whyyyy do you need such excessive echoes. Are you trying to go blind or something
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Srsly. Just use mmbox
  • COLOURFUL AND NUMEROUS ECHOES ARE MY LIFE.

let me have this :<
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Whyyyy do you need such excessive echoes. Are you trying to go blind or something

The lulz, mainly.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."