Amended Combat Overhaul!

Comments

• Currently only the curatives we have released will exist following the overhaul. Defenses will come later.  

• So fire, frost, vitae etc. will all be removed (at least for the time being)? Hmm. Interesting... Guess I've got a bit of keg-planning to do :D
  • Fire and frost are undecided as they currently serve as defenses and curatives. They will not exist as curatives, but they may still be around for defenses in the interim as we figure out what we're doing with them.
  • How about health/mana/bromides? Surely those are staying?
  • Would be silly if they were removed, heh. Besides, they're not cures in the sense of afflictions, which is why I didn't even include them in my post.
  • m&m updated for overhaul paranoia, now includes an easy menu you can toggle overhaul cures on as well.
  • AFFS INFO EPILEPSY:

Affliction Name: epilepsy
    Effects: Epilepsy interferes with the nervous system, causing intermittent balance loss from seizures.
    Cured By: Lucidity slush potion.
    Afflicted Line: Your nerves feel suddenly jangled.
    Diagnose Line: suffering from epilepsy.
    Cured Line: Your nerves suddenly calm down.

That is awesome. Quick question: I assume the data is taken directly from the database, so there's no risk of typos etc? I.e. can I use triggers to quickly scan through all affs and assign the correct lines with 100% certainty?
  • The lines on here are exactly as they'll be displayed in-game, so they're guaranteed to match. If there are typos, then they'll be reflected both here and in the affmessage, and will both be fixed simultaneously (if they're noticed/reported).
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • Awesome, thanks!
  • edited September 2014
    I sent a message to @Ieptix, but I'm not sure what the best for communicating this is.  Nuadha and I have discovered that the overhaul functions CURES LIST and CURES INFO appear to have broken Healing's abilities which use the CURE ME <Affliction Class> syntax.
  • Fixed.
  • Is it better to BUG things or send messages directly to Ieptix regarding the Overhaul? Or should I prefix my BUGS with OVERHAUL ISSUE or some kind of big flag so that they're addressed immediately?

• Ieptix said:
    Fixed.
    Very much appreciated.  Thank you!
  • Maligorn said:
    Is it better to BUG things or send messages directly to Ieptix regarding the Overhaul? Or should I prefix my BUGS with OVERHAUL ISSUE or some kind of big flag so that they're addressed immediately?
    Bug things with the word "overhaul" included somewhere in the text (so I can search for them easily). For things that are particularly critical (e.g. untrapped errors or abusably-broken abilities), a message is usually a good idea so I can know about it ASAP.
  • Quick apology for my absence. The harddrive on my computer went out and I had to send it back to the manufacturer (huzzah for warranties) to be repaired. I should be back around tomorrow or Wednesday.

• What are the race stats changes? I can't seem to find the original post.
    A horde of beings swarms about Your bulk. They are diverse in shape but are, without exception, horrific to look upon. Claws and teeth without number flash across Your vision, and nebulous masses of compound eyes and writhing tentacles and spindly antennae all twist around You. With the merest thought, You open wide Your maw and lazily swallow one.
  • m&m updated for sensitivity.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Cthazoth said:
    What are the race stats changes? I can't seem to find the original post.
    HELP 50.6? Pretty sure there's more to be found somewhere, but I don't recall reading up on anything that expounded too much on the racial changes, at least nowhere near where I'd personally like to see.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Elanorwen said:
    Cthazoth said:
    What are the race stats changes? I can't seem to find the original post.
    HELP 50.6? Pretty sure there's more to be found somewhere, but I don't recall reading up on anything that expounded too much on the racial changes, at least nowhere near where I'd personally like to see.
    Thank you! That's the one!
    A horde of beings swarms about Your bulk. They are diverse in shape but are, without exception, horrific to look upon. Claws and teeth without number flash across Your vision, and nebulous masses of compound eyes and writhing tentacles and spindly antennae all twist around You. With the merest thought, You open wide Your maw and lazily swallow one.
  • edited October 2014
    If certain afflictions are getting removed or changed, what'll be done about skills which rely on afflictions like Ecology (quite a bit of focus on poisons), hexes and runes, and stuff like the Poisonist tradeskill. Will they get made less effective or are there good replacements planned? And are there any you can tell us about yet? Sorry if asked and answered before.
    Retired.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited October 2014
    I think the  plan is go forwards with all of the changes straight through the entire overhaul. Once the overhaul is finished, normal envoy reporting will begin again to settle all of those problems.
  • Having just written a bit of code to automatically add new afflictions into my so-called "system" (which is likely to break as soon as someone sneezes at me), I must say I absolutely love the new AFFS command! No more hunting for affliction names, no more hunting for lines, etc. I can't wait for more afflictions to be transferred over to that system :D

On a personal note though... Could it be possible to move some of the salve/potion cures next? I'd love to free up some kegs for the new cures, heh.
  • edited October 2014
    Just to throw out there, that with Cacophony having a bunch of weak affs that our skills are dependent on, I foresee complications here.

Some possible suggestions though. (These are just ideas)

Worms - Really doesn't do anything but it's important because it doesn't give a periodic aff message tick which is helpful for building up the number of affs (and can be helpful if you're a bad person and want to lean on hunger attrition).

But with fewer cure balances i think it would be fine to change it to vomiting and having that replace worms, gluttony, dysentery and vomiting blood.

Keep pox and drop sun-allergy - or the other way around

Keep rigormortis (helpful aff for nihilists)

Implications
    So that would result in 3 drink and 2 apply cure, if I'm guessing correctly.

[Edited out for being wrong]

Depending on how it plays out, there might need to be some adjustments to black death - the plague relapse power and or the powers that are based on the number of affs a victim has.

• I'm thinking that's the kind of stuff that the envoys will be handling once that process gets started again.
  • I think it should be pretty obvious I'm trying to get Caco good to go from day 1. That way I can use my slots on other things like gaming the envoy system and ruining Lusternia.

Duh

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited October 2014
    Evidently reports are open for the month of October to focus on overhaul stuff. Envoys just got a news post 'reminding' them of the fact that they/we should envoy "stuff like shuffling affliction lists around for specific abilities, tweaks to affliction  effects, ideas for replacements to now-defunct abilities, etc."

I have a few pressing questions before hitting the reports, though. Some may have been already mentioned or answered in brief, but reasonably definitive answers at this point would be super appreciated!
    -Will any afflictions be substantially changed, in the manner of Paranoia, outside of reports?
    -Is the chart @Estarra posted here detailing the changes to mental affs still accurate? 
    -What is going to happen to the rest of afflictions? Are there comparable charts for everything else, so we can handle skills that give affs from both mental and other pools?
    -What is happening with focus after all? Should we be planning for it to vanish effectively, or just play non-routine part in curing, like green/gedulah?

• Can...can Loralaria have blackout put into VioletVibrato instead of the incoming recklessness? I really liked my vapors, though I do see some avenues to work with if the recklessness stays. I just feel like Loralaria is slowly morphing into Starhymn :(

• Don't worry, you don't have a aeon+big damage option.

• Not sure if this is covered by the overhaul, but something I'd love to see is an "echo" function. Basically, you do "echo xyz" and Lusternia responds with "xyz". Would help a fair bit with system building.
  • edited October 2014
    edited: to remove old comment which had been saved in editor.

Dys said:
    Paranoia from drunkenness would be a bit weird thematically too, instead of dizziness.
    Really? Did you take my drink? Well, did you?