RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars: Season 2-Lusternian Edition (Mafia Game Thread)

Comments

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    24 hour warning until the next night begins.

Is there any reason why I shouldn't be defensive? Not to go full-Laganja, but I feel very attacked right now.

I don't see the fun in playing quiet. The only thing I've got to hide is my junk.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Damn, and people say I'm the one pounding on a vote train.

Look. If Willam gets hauled out of here and she's as innocent as I suspect she is, my acrylic nails will be pointed squarely at you fishy queens who voted her off the show. Why you gotta come for a queen who barely survived the night? Why you gotta get mad that she told her story?

Real talk. All we know is that if Willam is telling the truth, then she's at least not the Mafia. That's more than I can say for the rest of you bitches. The reason I want to defend Willam is because Willam is at least trying to give us the T on what happened last night. Seems like y'all are punishing her for giving us that info, and I'm not here for that.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Sweets. There's a difference between being defensive and defending yourself. And you're being hella defensive without defending yourself. You're launchin' personal insults and willful misinterpretations like bad halloween candy. When Silvanus calls shenanigans on your night immunity story, you accuse him of bein' in a scumteam. When I call you on your behaviour, you accuse me of lyin'. And while the photoshoot may've involved ya, he only articulated the thought that there be a hotdog arsonist about. The only accusations levied against ya were those of yer own guilty conscience. Though then, with that wig, ya got plenty to feel bad about.

And Sylvie? Ain't gonna speak for others, but this ain't me punishing her for giving us that info. This is punishin' her for bein' shifty as hell, accusin' and attackin' people for lookin' closely at her. No one is above scrutiny. Not you, not me, and not ms deathproof.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Also, no I wasn't tryin' to pin the blame on anyone with my comment on how ya usually find scum in the middle of vote trains. If I was, there'd be a name attached. I was explainin' why checking who votes for what and when 's an important tool. Delsea ain't scum just cause they voted in the middle of the train. But if I see em making other scummy acts later on, it'll sure make me suspect em more. We can't sit around and wait for the cop t' come save us all. Heck, they might not even have the right info, what with millers, godfathers 'n other mischief-making roles about. What we do gotta do is look at how people act, and while I'd be more than happy to lean on a silent pig 'till she screams, I ain't gonna risk exposing a doc or cop when we've got a queen shadier than her make-up.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal

Just sayin', it looks like we got three against two right now, the episode's more than halfway over and all this theory-crafting and lack of tea-spiking is really starting to put the pressure on. I think I'm just gonna follow my familiar trend and make a vote at someone at complete fucking random.

So Vote: Tarkenton for now. Let's see what happens.

* * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Siam posted about the possibility of an arsonist, paired with a picture of my hot dog bringing all the boys to the yard. My taking that as him coming for me is not "willful misinterpretation."

You saying, 'Oh, it's the middle voters who are likely to be scum,' and me asking you to clarify if you're referring to the specific middle-voter in question is not a willful misinterpretation either.

I was wary of Alaska from the start. I alluded to this when I commented that people who push for voting on no information (as she did immediately on Day1) are suspicious to me.

Someone who may be very closely associated with Alaska (assuming Silvanus is Roxxxy) then decides to call me out. I explained the connection between Roxxxy and Alaska (they had an alliance during their season), and cast my vote.

This is not a blind, defensive leap, or a lashing out on my part.

I feel I am drawing reasonable conclusions.

Yes, I'm posting a lot. That makes me an attention whore, not Mafia-scum.

Yes, I'm insulting. Get over it, girl.

#NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I'm just going to say that I don't really think Talan is scummy, but she's horribly defensive. Waaaay defensive.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • So, got back a bit earlier than I thuoght (I didn't think I'd be home for another couple of hours). Time to find out what's been happening...
  • So, slightly caught up.

A couple of things popped out to me:

First, Talan says she saw "some bitches", which she later reversed to "I only actually saw one someone". Okay, mistakes happen, even though that's an odd mistake to make.

Second, she does get rather defensive about the whole "middle of the train" thing. Kiradawea clearly said "skewed towards", not "is"; if there is a scum voting, odds are they'd be towards the center of the train. She didn't say "people at the center of a train are scum". Again, yeah, a minor thing; misunderstandings happen, and that's that.

Third, the whole Talan vs. Silvanus thing. I can't say I agree with Silvanus' vote on Talan, but Talans reaction was a bit harder than I expected would come from a gut-feeling vote. It seemed to me like Talans vote was mainly to throw attention away from herself. Which, of course, isn't that bad an idea in mafia games.

Fourth, there's Sylandra essentially voting for Silvanus because Silvanus voted for Talan, which seems very odd.

Now, I'm not saying Talan is scum. There seems to be something odd there though... By her own story, she is "deathproof" because she is good for ratings... which, of course, begs the question: Why is she good for ratings? Granted, my experiences with these things aren't exactly top-notch, but I've got the feelings that "good for ratings" is somewhat equal to "causes drama/conflict". No one would watch a show where five people just sit around and agree, after all.

With all those points combined, well... it's a hard call. I'm not saying Talan is 100% scum, but right now? I'm thinking she's the best bet we have. If she is, then Sylandra might warrant a closer look, but it could just as easily be that she happened to defend the wrong person. It happens to everyone now and then.

With that in mind (even though odds are it won't make a difference, given that the day is about to end):

Vote: Talan

There's also the added perk of her claim of being deathproof. If she is, indeed, deathproof, then we can all vote for her and she won't be kicked off anyway, confirming her story. If she isn't deathproof, well... then that begs the question what else she's been fibbing about.
    To be entirely fair, Willam was fucking amasing for ratings.

• Not having seen it (and, judging by your response, assuming you do), was there any particular reason William was good for ratings?
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited November 2015
    Votecount:

Talan-4 (Silvanus, Kiradawea, Shonjir, Ssaliss)
    Silvanus-2 (Talan, Sylandra)
    Tarkenton-1 (Tremula)

It is 8 to sabotage a queen and eliminate them from the game. 
  • So there are more of us than this around. People need to post more. 

I'm leaning on the 'Talan is fishy' side of things from both her claim about the night and her over the top defensiveness, but I'm still willing to hear her out, though what more can come of it I have no idea. I don't want to be wrong but argh she's coming across guilty. 

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Silent people vote time Vote Salome
  • I think the mistake I've made here was playing my character.

Ssaliss said:
    which, of course, begs the question: Why is she good for ratings?
    Willam Belli was on season 4. She was a strong contender, but on the night of her second challenge win, she was disqualified for breaking the rules. No explanation was given at all and "What did Willam do?" became a pressing question among fans for the rest of the season. During the finale, it was revealed that Willam's husband had been visiting the hotel where the contestants were meant to be staying in isolation, and that Willam had turned himself in for the rule-breaking.

I'm going to hold off on explaining the full details of the fan-favorite ability. I realize that sounds even shadier than I've apparently made myself sound thus far, but at this point:

I have my reasons, and they make sense to me.

I will say that f you lynch me today, I will be eliminated, which, in addition to the fact that posting is fun, is why I've been so keen to defend myself.

I've been forthright, and at this point all I can say is take it or leave it.

Delsea said:
    People need to post more. 
    Psh.

#NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • I meant more people need to post. Grammar is hard.
    Willam was just an incredible personality to have on the show. I mean, the explanation Talan's given for 'fan-favourite' being a power in the way of being immune to night attacks sounds pretty spot on to me. Willam makes frequent appearances whenever someone talks about their favourite RuPaul times.

Yeah speaking out of character, Willam just doesn't make sense as scum to me. The show really benefited from him and he in turn benefitted from the show.

I do recommend doing a cursory Google search on the drag queen names in this game. Knowledge is power and all that. (Admittedly I'm being a bit of a wilder Latrice but I enjoy being over the top because, drag.) I actually hadn't seen the show until this game started up but damn if I haven't been studying up on YouTube. It's lot of fun, I recommend.

(Also speaking out of character, I've really enjoyed seeing Talan's rendition of Willam and all her RuPaul references and if she goes this soon I will be really sad.)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    And speaking as a drag queen, I think we can vote Boxxxy Mandrews for this gem alone. Am I right?

Daraius said:
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Vote: Xenthos

I truly did not suspect Talan as scummy, but I do like to follow voting patterns and information thrown out there and see which way people go. We can't always be lucky that no one was voted off, we only know that Talan is probable town and thats it. So far, we've really only had a few people participating in the discussion.

I am changing my vote to a silent person, I'm really not sure he is actually even playing or not, but I do know 14 people haven't been participating.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice

Yeah, I didn't realize that was @Talan in the picture. My bad!

That being said, I don't think Talan's scummy, at least for now. 
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Let's get the quiet queens talking! 
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Silvanus said:
    Vote: Xenthos

I truly did not suspect Talan as scummy, but I do like to follow voting patterns and information thrown out there and see which way people go. We can't always be lucky that no one was voted off, we only know that Talan is probable town and thats it. So far, we've really only had a few people participating in the discussion.

I am changing my vote to a silent person, I'm really not sure he is actually even playing or not, but I do know 14 people haven't been participating.
    Phi Phi O'Hara Xenthos isn't taking part this game. And I've made peace with that.

Daraius said:
  • What does "I am the Nancy Drew of drag" mean? You are good at drag? Bad at drag? Solve mysteries in with a cowardly dog in a van of central casting white people at drag? WTF

I can tell you ladies, that Talan, at least to me is a little bit suspicious. All those naps and d***, good girls don't get that all the time if you know what I mean. Good girls work for it, and let me say that even though she's really good looking, there's not something right with her weave.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • edited November 2015
    Tarkenton said:
    Silent people vote time Vote Salome

Fite me m8. I will not tolerate this fat-shaming, especially when it's completely unwarranted - I gotta eat, and that takes time. Each and every one of you honey-dolls is totes beaut. Who's with me in getting rid of this cheap make-up drug store basket?

I Vote: Tarkenton.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • I'm still not entirely sold on Talan, but considering what's been said, I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt.

Unvote
    Kaalak said:
    What does "I am the Nancy Drew of drag" mean? You are good at drag? Bad at drag? Solve mysteries in with a cowardly dog in a van of central casting white people at drag? WTF
    It means you like yellow. And checkered clothing. Oh and you have two best friends.

#bringShikariback