RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars: Season 2-Lusternian Edition (Mafia Game Thread)

Comments

• Sylandra said:

Silvanus said:
    I am Roxxxxy Andrews and I am lunch proof. 

Gurl you ain't lunch proof. Those triple Xs stand for something, honey.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • Perfectly reasonable. And thank you. That's defending yourself, rather than being defensive. There's nothing suspicious about wanting to defend yourself. It's the mannerisms through which you do it. Siam never outright stated that he considered you to be a potential hot dog arsonist. Yet you made it out to be a big deal. That to me implies guilt. You voted Silvanus the moment he voted for you, while providing reasons for why Synkarin was suspicious. That, to me, is being defensive. That is why I voted for you, and why I maintained my vote.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited December 2015
    Sylandra said:

Silvanus said:

Should have saved that read for the LIBRARY CHALLENGE.
  • I'm not really convinced about Talan, and right now she's the one I suspect the most. I believe I've explained myself sufficiently previously in the thread, so I'll just

Vote: Talan
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game

Celina said:
    Sylandra said:

Silvanus said:

Should have saved that read for the LIBRARY CHALLENGE.
    My library is always open, Ru, and it's always time for T. Lots of reading material up in here.

Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice

I am still on the fence about voting Talan. To me, she was trying to get the game going with lots of flavor IDK. I mean, this is a Drag Queen mafia after all.

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Sylandra said:

Silvanus said:

• Are we suuuure Kaalak isn't playing?

Anyway. I'd rather not the day time out on us again, so time to do a little broadening of the scope and get some people talking so I can have a few questions asked and answered.

First of all. Sylvanis proclaims himself lynch proof. Now that we've all had our chortles at the lunch part, what do people think about the claim? While someone being lynch-proof is perhaps the easiest thing in the world to collectively test, it will cost us a lynch to perform that test. Small aside to those who know the show. Does Roxxxxy have hair so fabulous it'd render them unlynchable?

Second question. What do people think about the hot dog arsonist? Something actually happening, or a prank set up by Ru to ignite the drama? Assuming we believe that there is a hot dog arsonist, what should we do about it? Should we push for a mass name-claim? Not power, but name, keeping in mind that there really are vanilla roles in this game?

Third question. So far the spotlight has been centered on a small group. Should we be putting some pressure on the more quiet queens? Drag them out into the spotlight and force them to lipsynch? If so, who?

Fourth question. Why aren't I asleep yet? I should be ashamed. G'night all.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • (Legitimately not playing)
    Long post incoming.

First of all. Sylvanis proclaims himself lynch proof. Now that we've all had our chortles at the lunch part, what do people think about the claim? While someone being lynch-proof is perhaps the easiest thing in the world to collectively test, it will cost us a lynch to perform that test. Small aside to those who know the show. Does Roxxxxy have hair so fabulous it'd render them unlynchable?
    So Silvanus has claimed Roxxxy Andrews, who is famous for her lip sync for your life with Alyssa Edwards to Whip My Hair Back and Forth, which was so amazing that neither queen was sent home. Roxxxy Andrews had a moment where she whipped off her wig to reveal a wig beneath, and that moment has gone down in Rupaul Gif history.

See: Exhibit A.

It should be noted that Roxxxy Andrews received a rather villainous edit in her season. She's one hungry queen, and I would be surprised if she was two-faced in this competition as well as two-wigged.

Second question. What do people think about the hot dog arsonist? Something actually happening, or a prank set up by Ru to ignite the drama? Assuming we believe that there is a hot dog arsonist, what should we do about it? Should we push for a mass name-claim? Not power, but name, keeping in mind that there really are vanilla roles in this game? 
    Let's recall the last mafia game for a moment. There was a similar stir over the mongoose flavor text, wasn't there? It's possible this is a benign hot dog. However if it's not, then the two queens I'd be curious about are the two who've posted hot dog pics before: @Shaddus and Talan, or an unseen Carmen Carrera. Shaddus's queen, Mimi Imfurst, is famous for saying something regarding stuffing wieners into Anderson Cooper's mouth at a hot dog eating competition (ugly pic warning). Mimi Imfurst is also far from being a squeaky clean queen. It should be noted: drag is not a contact sport, and yet Mimi infamously shoved India during a lip sync for her life. So that doesn't really bode well for playing nice in the sandbox with others.

Third question. So far the spotlight has been centered on a small group. Should we be putting some pressure on the more quiet queens? Drag them out into the spotlight and force them to lipsynch? If so, who?
    I absolutely encourage getting quieter people talking. I think the amount of heat Talan has gotten this far is, frankly, baffling. Then again, she was playing a flawless Willam impersonation the first few days, so I guess if you didn't know that it was suspicious. As a Willam fan, though, I got my life reading those posts. (TY @Celina for casting Talan as Willam.)

Other than Shaddus, the people based on role I'm most suspicious of would be @Silvanus and @Salome. Salome's Ginger Minj also got a fairly villainous edit during her season, so I wouldn't be surprised if she was a no-good dirty sabotaging queen on-set. However, quiet people are just as risky. The people who haven't claimed a queen might not be doing so because of people like me, Talan, and Tremula who have knowledge of the show. That's also a reason I wonder if people jumped on the Talan lynch-train so quickly; that knowledge might be perceived as dangerous to scum.

Finally, I think it's worth mentioning that @Synkarin was sabotaged and he wasn't on a lynch-train. However, he was a person that Talan was suspicious of. In my eyes, it wouldn't make sense for Talan to off Synkarin after declaring she didn't trust him during the dayphase--especially with all this heat on her--because Synkarin showed up town. If Talan was scum, she'd know he was town and not want to risk her judgment being called into question.

Further, Synkarin was suspicious of two people: Salome and Kiradawea. Unsure what Kiradawea's role is, but as I mentioned, Salome as Ginger Minj does throw up a red flag for me. Did someone feel threatened by Synkarin's suspicions and lash out? Dunno. Something to consider.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    1. Being lynch proof is an interesting claim to make. One that, if I were the suspicious sort, I'd think might come from a jester. Especially since they've no idea how many times they're immune. Then to volunteer for it? I don't think lynching Silveranus is a good idea at this point
    2. I think it's just flavor at this point, myself. I mean, technically, aren't all of you ladies packing a hot dog somewhere?
    3. I'm thinking it's time to focus on some quiet people. I've been at work all day, and my phone's home page for the browser is the forums (I know, I know) so it'll always show me as online.
    That all being said, given the number of players, versus the number of immunity claims... Something seems fishy to me. We need an investigator to verify Silv'anus and Talan both at this point imo.

• Tarkenton said:

2. I think it's just flavor at this point, myself. I mean, technically, aren't all of you ladies packing a hot dog somewhere?
    Oh, shit, it's Alyssa's Secret.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
    Talan said:

Tarkenton said:

Oh, shit, it's Alyssa's Secret.

Daraius said:
  • Sylandra said:

Other than Shaddus, the people based on role I'm most suspicious of would be @Silvanus and @Salome. Salome's Ginger Minj also got a fairly villainous edit during her season, so I wouldn't be surprised if she was a no-good dirty sabotaging queen on-set. However, quiet people are just as risky. The people who haven't claimed a queen might not be doing so because of people like me, Talan, and Tremula who have knowledge of the show. That's also a reason I wonder if people jumped on the Talan lynch-train so quickly; that knowledge might be perceived as dangerous to scum.

Finally, I think it's worth mentioning that @Synkarin was sabotaged and he wasn't on a lynch-train. However, he was a person that Talan was suspicious of. In my eyes, it wouldn't make sense for Talan to off Synkarin after declaring she didn't trust him during the dayphase--especially with all this heat on her--because Synkarin showed up town. If Talan was scum, she'd know he was town and not want to risk her judgment being called into question.

Further, Synkarin was suspicious of two people: Salome and Kiradawea. Unsure what Kiradawea's role is, but as I mentioned, Salome as Ginger Minj does throw up a red flag for me. Did someone feel threatened by Synkarin's suspicions and lash out? Dunno. Something to consider.
    I honestly don't know why Synkarin got lynched, maybe he really wasn't into hot dogs after all? I mean, the smell of them, they're gross okay. Ginger may come off as a bitch sometimes (don't we all girls?) but, her heart is in the right place. I'm wondering why people of town are all suspicious about her because they're upset over all this pressure on Talan. I mean, sometimes, isn't it just okay to follow along and see what happens if you're town for observation's sake? You learn a lot that way, you get more information and understand something about your character and other queens. And I think my Ginger babe just wants to win. That is her goal. She may not come off really nice or sweet like the other girls, but she's competitive and smart. Some things that the other girls are sorely lacking in apparently, since they're throwing so much shade at me.

But @Silvanus saying that he's lynch free could suggest that he's not only lynch-free but also scum. If he's declaring it straight out it doesn't necessarily mean that that is his one power. Maybe he has another power that he's not being truthful about? The quiet queens need to come out and play, I'm suggesting Katy Perry's Peacock, to see if we have anyone who even remotely is like an arsonist.

The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    I don't see how claiming I am lynch free could make me possibly scummy. I don't play mafia often, but a scum being lynch free sounds like a strong combination to me, especially if we are not sure if there is a Vigilante Town or not.

To whomever claimed there were more to my powers, I am only familiar with what I got. Compare it to what you got. Do you have more than one power? If you do, is one of your powers also an immunity? I can tell you that I only have an immunity, which seemed like a strong power.

Also, since I am lynch immune, I had no problem pointing fingers at Talan very quickly, it was a ploy to get information from other people. Talan was providing the most information and doing most of the talking, she was an easy target to vote for to get the game rolling. And since then, the two people that haven't really spoken at all, are Shonjir and Enyalida (and Xenthos! Kaalak has more posts than those 3 combined).

Vote: Enyalida

If we approach the end of the day, and we haven't decided to lynch anyone, I am willing to be lynched to absolve myself for town. I know someone said that I could be a jester, but I didn't really know that was a thing, and two, if it was a thing, I'm sure there would be better ways to go about than openly offing myself. If we lynch me and the investigator investigates Talan (or already has, and is trying to find more town), we could have up to five possible confirmed town tomorrow, with a sixth dead.

2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    Xenthos is not playing. 
  • I figured Synkarin was eliminated because he was the winner of the Day 1 challenge. After all, there were some pretty hefty implications that the winner would be getting more than just a dinner with Ru.

"It's time to beat your mugs, ladies, and show me your best drag! The winner will win a very special prize, DINNER WITH RU. What does dinner with mother Ru involve. Well, for one, a delicious tic tac. The rest, only the winner will know."

And Sylandra, if you're gonna give Talan a pass because she was suspicious of Synkarin, then by the same logic, you should be absolving me and Salome. The death of Synkarin casts obvious aspersions on all three of us, while it helps absolve Silvanus from Talan's suspected group of enemies.
    I disagree actually. The difference between Kiradawea and Salome's implication versus Talan's is that Talan voiced suspicion of Synkarin. Meanwhile Synkarin was the one who pointed a finger at Salome and Kiradawea. Despite Salome's post about all this heat she's been getting, honestly the only heat she's gotten this far has been from me and Synkarin, and my heat was only turned up on Low this episode based on RuPaul knowledge of her character. Synkarin was a pretty safe kill for anyone except Talan, because Talan had the most heat out of anyone this game; getting her suspicion of Synkarin stomped by a town validation would be a poor move if she was scum. Meanwhile Kira and Salome had been relatively suspicion free until Synkarin made his comment. Maybe coincidence, maybe important? Then again, I'd forgotten that Synkarin had won the first challenge so that's another fair enough explanation for his targeting. Just talking through my thoughts.
    Daraius said:
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSS, GURL.

I'mma get my study on and get back to you, Ru. Gotta prepare for class so I can school these hos. (no literally I have a lesson plan to work on for class but I'll be back later)
    Daraius said:
  • Sylandra said:
    I disagree actually. The difference between Kiradawea and Salome's implication versus Talan's is that Talan voiced suspicion of Synkarin. Meanwhile Synkarin was the one who pointed a finger at Salome and Kiradawea. Despite Salome's post about all this heat she's been getting, honestly the only heat she's gotten this far has been from me and Synkarin, and my heat was only turned up on Low this episode based on RuPaul knowledge of her character. Synkarin was a pretty safe kill for anyone except Talan, because Talan had the most heat out of anyone this game; getting her suspicion of Synkarin stomped by a town validation would be a poor move if she was scum. Meanwhile Kira and Salome had been relatively suspicion free until Synkarin made his comment. Maybe coincidence, maybe important? Then again, I'd forgotten that Synkarin had won the first challenge so that's another fair enough explanation for his targeting. Just talking through my thoughts.
    And if Synkarin wasn't offed, both of us would remain just as (un)suspicious. Your argument is that Synkarin would not be a safe kill for Talan because she was suspicious of him. In other words, Synkarin flipping town would make her push for Synkarin as scum seem scummy.

At the same time, him pushing for me and Salome as scum, in other words, being suspicious of us, would mean that it is not a safe kill for me or Salome to do if we're scum. Because Synkarin flipping town would make his push for us as scummy gain more credibility.

In other words, if Talan can't kill Synkarin because it makes her seem scummy, then me and Salome can't kill Synkarin because it makes us seem scummy.
    @Enyalida, I can't read you. You never post a damn thing, bitch, we don't even know if you can spell.
    Daraius said:
  • edited December 2015
    NON-PLAYER INTERRUPTION! 

But dayyyuuuuum!

• I thought reading was about books and libraries :(
  • So... the challenge is over who can throw out the most sass? Huh. This'll be a tough nut to crack.
    edited December 2015
    Yes, it is. Don't be too discouraged by Sylandra. While some of her T is piping hot, I clocked some recycled reads, queen. Did you think Mama Ru wouldn't notice?

I like to serve tea both iced and hot, Ru.
    Daraius said:
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Can't be arsed, though I love the contests Celina. But too much work at work and home to spend time leaning learning about the show. Is good to keep the game exciting though.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice

I am not good at throwing shade! :) Let me think this through. Meanwhile, please enjoy the PhiPhi gif.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback