Welcome to Night Vale - Mafia

Comments

• edited June 2016
    Ayisdra was a member of the Shadow Court of Glomdoring.

On the one hand, there are plenty of spiders and scorpions around here. That's nice. Arachnids are so wonderful, with their little venom sacs and stingers and skittery legs. Look at that family of tarantulas marching off like they're on a mission. Adorable. On the other hand, something is definitely wrong with this place. Something is missing? What is it? Why is everything the wrong colour? Oh. Oh! The Wyrd! There is no Wyrd here. Well, that's just unacceptable. You should get out of here, get back to Glomdoring, call on the Blacktalon to fix this mess right now. Er, except you don't know how to get back. That's a problem. Well, you've got a pair of nekai and a blowgun, you can probably drag the solution out of someone.

Each night, you may activate one of the following one-shot powers, so long as you are performing the mafia's kill:

Veil: Your attack will be undetectable by any other players.

Blowgun: Your attack will not kill this night. Instead, you'll deliver a blow with a poisoned dart which will kill your target on the next night. While you may be detected when you first activate this ability, on the second night the target will die without any ties to you and the death will be unpreventable by any other powers.

Note that using either power will still consume the use if the target is protected from your attack, but not if you are unable to make an attempt on the life of your target.

You win with the mafia.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • edited June 2016
    It is now Day 3.

12 participants remain.

It will take 7 votes to declare a lynch.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Amazing. I had thought it was odd that Ayisdra was pointing fingers at all and sundry yesterday but wanted to examine him awhile longer. Well done, Secret Police.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Also, fun fact. We do have a roleblocker among us, as five hooded figures chanted at me last night and froze me in place. So putting that info out there.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Wow, finally something going right for us. Since Ayisdra was mafia, is that why there has been no death at the hands of mafia today? Also, remembering yesterday I'm looking at you @Krackenor, we lost our mayor and you were relentless in pursuing her. Why? Interesting about the role block, did nobody get role blocked yesterday? The funny thing about this theme is I don't even know if the hooded robed figures are playing for mafia or town.
  • I just re-read the abilities, the blowgun one- maybe they used this and one of us will die tomorrow.
    Side bar my bad it wasn't hooded figures, seem more like ghosts. Their freezing tactic is making me feel the weight of their past or something. Way to go, reading comprehension.

I don't think Krackenor would waste a day power like a day kill on day 2 if he was scum, and traditionally, it's a townie vig power. Obviously anything goes, but speaking personally, I would be surprised to see it as a scum power.

More interested in who Ayisdra acted suspicious of yesterday. It was at least 4 people iirc.
    Daraius said:
  • Ellowyn said:
    Wow, finally something going right for us. Since Ayisdra was mafia, is that why there has been no death at the hands of mafia today? Also, remembering yesterday I'm looking at you @Krackenor, we lost our mayor and you were relentless in pursuing her. Why? Interesting about the role block, did nobody get role blocked yesterday? The funny thing about this theme is I don't even know if the hooded robed figures are playing for mafia or town.
    Relentless? Oh please...I made one post saying that her vote for a no lynch sounded scummy, and another when I killed her because she had fallen back to guilt tripping us into not voting for her. Two sentences is not not a relentless pursuit.
  • I am in fact the roleblocker. I had intended to roleblock Sylandra during the first night but due to the effects of aeon my action was delayed until night two (despite my protests that I had smoked steam). 

I find it very peculiar that mafia didn't seem to kill anyone last night, especially since our doctor is already dead. I have my eye on you, Sylandra.
    Well, that's fair. I'd be suspicious of someone I roleblocked too on a night where no one town died. And while this won't mean much: I didn't kill anyone on the first night, nor did I plan to kill anyone last night.
    Daraius said:
  • Oh, and just to make it clear I didn't get to do anything last night. It seems my roleblock on Sylandra had already been locked in from the previous night.
  • Yay!
    So, our enemy isn't StrexCorp after all. It's instead summoned strangers from another world! I wonder if they're all Lusternian, or if they come from different places. So, the wiki is now pretty useless to identify who the mafia are. Krakenor's power and the three puncture holes make more sense now. Not to say that Krakenor is mafia, as that is a town power, but the fact that Ieptix is drawing from other sources than Night Vale does open up more possibilities, as well as, ironically, focus our attention on more important details: who says what. (Also, Leann is most likely not Mafia, though she is probably still Serial Killer.) Actually, what may be interesting is to go back and see who were and were not aware that there was more to this game than Night Vale.

As for why there wasn't a Mafia kill, I would guess either the killer got blocked, the victim got protected/jailed/commuted, or, as Ellowyn suggested, Ayisdra poisoned someone. Please feel free to mention if I'm missing a possibility, or if anything strange happened to you.

The same may apply to a Serial Killer kill, but the SK may also be feeling the pressure and suspecting that people are watching him/her. After all, since he/she wants to get the game over with as quickly as possible, the only reason he/she has not to kill is to protect themselves from watchers.
  • Falmiis blocking Sylandra seems like a perfectly reasonable move. There is some suspicion here on both sides, as there was no Mafia kill and Falmiis acted against someone who used her power in a pro-town manner, but I personally am not suspicious of either, based on this. What does raise my interest is that Falmiis described the power that attacked him as aeon, which, taking into account the addition of Lusternian elements, may be taken literally. Should we be looking for a rogue Hallifaxian, trying to bring order to our chaotic little town? (Falmiis, could you clarify whether the power was actually flavored in a Lusternian manner, or was it flavored in a Night Vale manner that simply copied the effects of aeon?)
    Let's play a game called "Collect All the Times Ayisdra Pushed (Even a Small Amount of) Suspicion on People"! Behold:
    Ayisdra said:
    I know I am probably over thinking this, but the first thing Rosland posts is a no-lynch vote, with no other words? In an possibly OP game, something like that just seems like a power to me...

Perhaps I'm just paranoid and that is what he does (I didn't read the last game with him).

Ayisdra said:
    I thought Ieptix is playing Cecil - Perhaps I'm missing something but what use could it be to appear as him?

But yes. Sylandra should say why she randomly ended the day with her evil glow cloud. Also - can your glow cloud do anything else, Sylandra besides end the day?

Ayisdra said:
    Sylandra's Glow Cloud power (are we assuming she is the Glow Cloud's child?) seems rather not-town. As she said, if she is town, the only real use it would be is day 1, not all that helpful unless she knows something about a person we are lynching. If she is mafia, using it on not day 1 would only be helpful if she was trying to make us think someone about to be lynch is mafia and she is saving them.

Personally, I don't think Sylandra is mafia, but I also don't think she is town. The use of summoning the grow cloud seems rather niche and really only helping night-action people and not the town getting closer to killing the threats to the town.

Assuming we have a Vig, perhaps they took the chance to nightkill while our numbers are high in hopes of a lucky hit on the mafia?

Ayisdra said:
    I don't know. At first Melai said their role very clearly started that Strexcorp was the mafia and he is going back on that saying he 'misremembered' the 'very clearly' part. This kinda sounds like they assumed what other roles would say based on their own. Maybe Melali is part of StrexCorp. It just seems odd that they said 'it is very clear to me that Strexcorp is mafia' and then take it back unless they were either mafia and knows that faction or has investigative powers in which they learned the faction (and outed themselves having such power by stating 'Strexcorp is mafia')

Ayisdra said:
    Ok. A few theories after randomly looking around the wiki: Could our other killer be a vig that is part of the Sheriff's Secret Police, it seems the Police encourages citizens to enforce the law with vigilante justice? Or if there is more of the Secret Police force around, could they be the mafia themselves?

On a unrelated note: why did Rosland post a bunch of times in a row instead of all in once post? Is that just how he plays or is this something else?

Ayisdra said:
    Ssaliss said:
    Ayisdra said:
    Ok. A few theories after randomly looking around the wiki: Could our other killer be a vig that is part of the Sheriff's Secret Police, it seems the Police encourages citizens to enforce the law with vigilante justice? Or if there is more of the Secret Police force around, could they be the mafia themselves?
    I'm fairly confident that the Secret Police isn't scum based on my own role. That's all I'll say at this point though.

Something I find odd about this wording. You choose to say Secret Police are not scum based on your own role.

Why would you say 'isn't scum' as opposed to 'is town'?

Ayisdra said:
    So with Silvanus revealing that he is a vig my question for him - why did you kill last night?

For those of you playing at home, that's moments of suspicion towards: 
    @Sylandra (me) 
    @Ssaliss (after mentioning Secret Police) 
    @Silvanus (after he said he had vig powers)

Are some of these a reach? Possibly. But I think the wording of them came off more accusatory, rather than inquisitive, which can feed a lynch train.

I got the impression after the two previous dayphases - and it seems someone else did too - that Ayisdra was really itching to start a lynch train on somebody. (Which is not in itself an anti-town thing  because lynches = good, but Ayisdra's strategy was to lukewarmly point a finger at someone, wait to see if it took, and then when it didn't, point elsewhere. Which looks more like 'I'm trying to get through the dayphase alive' than 'I'm trying to figure out how to proceed going forward.')

I don't know if the above list means anything, or if I'm over-reading into things, but it seems to me like we have a good idea of several people Ayisdra wouldn't have minded lynching, so I'd say the odds are good most of the people in this list aren't mafia. 

At the very least, @Melali is definitely looking more town to me today after her claim and learning the identity of the mafia. Which is Lusternian transplants! Amazing.
    Daraius said:
  • Except Lavinya did more than just "guilt-trip". She offered up a roleclaim. A very solid one too. We would have a chance to confirm her role as a governor, but you went ahead and executed her before we had a chance to confirm anything.

And no, Sylandra. Executioner is not an automatic townie role. In fact, quite the contrary, According to the wiki, it's traditionally a mafia role.

There's also likely someone else got delayed, same way that Falmiis was. There's another potential suspect, because the deaths today don't have any of the same tell-tale signs as the deaths of the two last night. While Ayisdra's role reveals that the scum kill may have been the delayed kill, that still leaves the serial killer unaccounted for.

Oh, and Glom and Mag are allies and Krackernor's clearly a Nihilist so there's that to consider. ;)) (not a serious argument, but with Ayisdra's role, I wouldn't be surprised that Krackenor is an actual Nihilist)
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    @Melali and @Kiradawea make great points about the aeon that Falmiis experienced possibly being literal aeon, and that Krackenor's kill flavor is decisively Nihilist. I guess I'm used to daykills being town because I thought of it like townies with guns? But Kira makes a good point, the power isn't automatically town.

I actually thought Krackenor's power was something like 'sacrifice to the god of your choosing' and that Krackenor was just being funny. But in this context, yeah, @Krackenor you have some explaining to do. Especially since you deny ever being goofy!

I also am very, very curious who got slowed down last night. Because I know I didn't kill try to anyone.
    Daraius said:
  • Now that we know for sure that Ayisdra was scum, let's go over his actions! I'll just post the highlights.
    Day 1: He starts by speculating about the City Council. (Now that I know that there are extra-planar beings, that last paragraph of the intro seems so much more significant.) He becomes suspicious if Rolsand used a day power, before quickly retracting. He disagrees with Falmiis about the policy of Lynch Lurkers, stating that proficient Mafia would talk more to mask guilt.
    Day 2: He starts out by asking Sylandra about "her evil glow cloud". Then he points out that Ileein's role didn't have an affiliation at first. After a while, he then points at Sylandra as being scum, even if not Mafia. He then pounced on me, making my StrexCorp assertion into more than it was. Then he starts theorizing about the role of the Secret Police in the game, ending with another question about Rolsand's posting habits. He then quibbles on Ssaliss's wording. He then questions why Silvanus killed Night 1, thinking he used his Vigilante power.

Overall, I feel that he was pretty aggressive and accusatory towards me, Sylandra, Ssaliss, and Silvanus, as well as slightly annoying to Falmiis and Rolsand. In my opinion, that means that I'm trusting the first four as not-Mafia, and looking at the second pair for more confirmation.

(Sylandra beat me to posting this, but I'll put this here anyway.)

Yeah, Krackenor is really suspicious. I feel that we should lynch him, because of his non-Night Vale power, as well as sealing the coffin on Lavinya after her role claim. Her role claim also brings up a point: apparently, the Mafia do not have Night Vale characters, meaning that they have to careful when they role claim, or they will claim someone else's character.

The aeon may only be available if that Mafia kills, or maybe someone Night Vale-flavored aeoned the Mafia. We'll see from Falmiis.

Also, I'm a guy. If it helps, the first four letters of Melali is an anagram for Male. Male Li.

• Melali said:

The aeon may only be available if that Mafia kills, or maybe someone Night Vale-flavored aeoned the Mafia. We'll see from Falmiis.

Err, what do you mean by that? Unless Falmiis was lying about the aeon, which I really don't see happening, then the one who aeoned Falmiis must have targetted him, and thus, if mafia, couldn't be their killer. Unless there's proof otherwise, I'd find that it's reasonable to assume that you can only do one thing each night.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • At the moment, I'm just spitballing ideas. To clarify it, the aeon may have been specific to one Mafia role that could only be used if another condition, like that Mafia performing the kill, is fulfilled. Or maybe the Mafia who aeoned Falmiis on Night 1 was the killer on Night 2 but was blocked or something. Of course, this is all assuming that the aeon was a Lusternian aeon, and not a Night Vale role delay, pocket in a desert of time thing.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Now that we have confirmed Lusternians, and Krackenor mentioned sacrifice to Gorgulu and executed Lavinya, I may say this may be part of his actual role, and Aeon may be one of his abilities.

Which is weird to aeon me with the claims that I made.

I'm going to go ahead and DoubleVote Krackenor

I think what we have here are multiple Lusternians have ended up in Night Vale and are going to attempt to fight for control of our village in their typical ways like a normal revolt, and Ayisdra was the member of Glomdoring faction. I am going to guess Krackenor is the Magnagora faction.

2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    I guess if there are all six factions present, the aeoner is probably the Hallifaxan, not the Nihilist.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    So I was targetted twice last night! Playing aggressively really does draw attention, ha.

I don't quite want to reveal everything about myself just yet, as the first targeting might be a reprieve for me. I initially thought of it as an arsonist prep/cult conversion, but since no one mentioned it after Night 1 and with Ayisdra's death revealing we have Lusternia people in our town (haha, great twist!), it might actually end up saving me. I suspect it was @Krackenor which hopefully he might be able to confirm?

But yes, I was also hit by Ayisdra's blowgun. I wasn't really sure what to make of it based on the message itself, but thankfully our SK/or vig @Silvanus picked the right mafia to kill?

Either way, I'm feeling flushed and will -probably- die tomorrow.
  • I'm a Seren btw. The aeon was definitely Lusternian in nature.
    Also, please don't ninja-end the day again.. I'll likely reveal everything once everyone checks in and the initial review is done.
    Unfortunately I am incapable of reading, plus I'm under Aeon anyways and would be unable to use anything.

I just Vote Krackenor
  • Okay, so that explains what happened to Night 2's Mafia kill. Goodbye, Ushaara!

It seems like we have one representative from each city/commune. Now, Falmiis said that he was a representative of Serenwilde, which I'm assuming means that he's presenting himself as Lusternian, allied with Town. Which is possible, I guess. @Sylandra , since Falmiis said that he blocked you, did the block look Lusternian-ghostly or Night Vale-ghostly?

If Falmiis is Serenwilde and Town, that does bring to mind why was he targeted with the aeon? If he was indeed aeoned and Serenwilde, then that would imply that not all the Lusternians know who the others are. On the other hand, this doesn't mean that the Hallifaxian is Mafia. In fact, if the power does work as a night delay, it would make more sense for that to be a Town power, since it is essentially a weaker role-block. Which means that someone suspects Silvanus as Mafia.

Also, if there are Lusternian-Town, then there probably are Night Vale-Mafia.
    @Melali Sounded like @Falmiis is a Spiritsinger to me based on what Sylandra said, their ancestor spirit song thing can be used to freeze people.
  • Synkarin's death - Intern Thul reported that the newly-revealed body was ten feet tall, winged, and radiating a dark light, with three deep puncture wounds through the neck.

Ileein's death - This one had a hatchet buried in the chest and was holding a cell phone.

Ayisdra's death (mafia) - This person was light on possessions, carrying only a three-clawed weapon and a blowgun.

Night 1

So obviously Aysidra killed Synkarin, given that he had a three clawed weapon, so that was the mafia kill.  The hatchet killing Ileein was, and I'm still assuming, a serial killer of sorts.

Night 2

With Ayisdra's death being the only one, it's a shame that we don't get any input on how he died exactly.  We can either assume it's the serial killer (although there was no hatchet, so perhaps this is unlikely) or a vigilante kill.

That means that mafia didn't kill last night.  This is either because a) they were roleblocked, b) Ayisdra activated a delayed kill (potentially Ushaara) or c) for whatever reason, they chose not to kill (unlikely).

If Ayisdra's killer was in fact, a vigilante, that means that the serial killer also didn't kill last night, for the same reasons listed above.

----

Sylandra admitted to being role blocked last night - which does put a bad light on her, but why admit to it straight away?  This makes me think she is potentially telling the truth, but if both mafia and SK were blocked last night, then I have to wonder how many people can be blocked any one night.  Falmiis said he is the role blocker (thereby backing up Sylandra's claim and vice versa) and if he is town, perhaps mafia also have a role blocker (could be that aeon thing) and they role blocked the serial killer.

I feel like I can keep going round and round on suspicious paths and my head is sore.

• Krackenor said:
    Ellowyn said:
    Wow, finally something going right for us. Since Ayisdra was mafia, is that why there has been no death at the hands of mafia today? Also, remembering yesterday I'm looking at you @Krackenor, we lost our mayor and you were relentless in pursuing her. Why? Interesting about the role block, did nobody get role blocked yesterday? The funny thing about this theme is I don't even know if the hooded robed figures are playing for mafia or town.
    Relentless? Oh please...I made one post saying that her vote for a no lynch sounded scummy, and another when I killed her because she had fallen back to guilt tripping us into not voting for her. Two sentences is not not a relentless pursuit.
    I guess relentless was the wrong word.  You were really quite aggressive and now that it's been confirmed that Lavinya was telling the truth, you were actually quite rude (and wrong).

Anyway, I'm happy to vote for Krackenor but will hold my vote for now in the event a more urgent target comes up.
  • So wait. Silvanus you're claiming to have investigative powers, vigilante powers and now a double vote as well?

Yeah no, I'm not buying it. You better be ready to explain yourself when we're done grilling Krackenor.
    Melali said:
    At the moment, I'm just spitballing ideas. To clarify it, the aeon may have been specific to one Mafia role that could only be used if another condition, like that Mafia performing the kill, is fulfilled. Or maybe the Mafia who aeoned Falmiis on Night 1 was the killer on Night 2 but was blocked or something. Of course, this is all assuming that the aeon was a Lusternian aeon, and not a Night Vale role delay, pocket in a desert of time thing.
    Fair enough. To be honest though, I find that to be a bit overly convoluted. I mean, the Aeon itself is already just a weak roleblock. If you make it even weaker by attaching conditions to it, why would the mafia bother to use it at all?